Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

Drunken Paladin
  Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:49 pm

Dark Link wrote:
Gotta ask dude, how did you incoporate the maps as battlebacks? I'm using a script which calls on pictures to create them, but I don't much like any backgrounds on offer.

I was thinking of creating a map, taking a Print Screen, saving it and importing it as a picture for the script to call on. Do you think that'll work? 'Cos I can see that you did yours a different way...

Actually, that's just about exactly how I did mine. I made a map that I felt represented the "essence" of the area they were in (but so that all the characters would fit with minimal standing on walls, etc.), then used "Print Screen" in-game. It's a good idea to make a sort of template map that shows where the players will be (if you have an SBS), then you can copy/paste it and edit it to be area-appropriate.

Regards,
Drunken paladin

P.S. If you haven't already, register on the Drunken Paladin Forum and join us for some festivities.

Top Top

Dark Link
  Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:18 pm

Ah right, I was wondering because I was wondering how I could incorporate the events like lava bubbling and stuff, but it looks fine without anyway.

Top Top

Drunken Paladin
  Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:56 pm

Hey folks, just updated the first post with the most up-to-date direct link to the newest version of the game (at the time of posting, v.2.1.3).

If you haven't tried Drunken Paladin yet, there is no better time than now, as the changes between version 1 and 2 are substantial and all bugs have been largely eradicated.

More bosses, more side-quests, more items and more fun!

Keep a look out for the upcoming expansion, and stay informed by checking out http://www.drunkenpaladin.com!

Top Top

Kimicatdemon
  Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:19 pm

I just started playing this game because the title was... interesting...

Great laughs man, great laughs.

Top Top

soranthus
  Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:29 am
Souless

i downloaded this game a while ago. Its awesome, Are the updates any different? Like enough to make me re download and re play it all over again? Or should i wait for expansion?

Top Top

Bird Eater
  Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:37 pm
Eating birds is bad for your health.

You don't have to start all over again, our friend Annebriate makes sure your save files work.

Just download the latest version and place your save file in the folder.

Top Top

soranthus
  Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:17 am
Souless

but since so im finished the game. Re downloading it would be a waste.. cause its only updates for the gameplay.. Or does it add quests to do?
Also i cant find that bloody cow!!

Top Top

Drunken Paladin
  Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:21 am

Hey folks, thanks for playing and I'm glad you've enjoyed it!

Sorry for the slow replies--if you want faster Drunken Paladin information, it's easiest to ask on the drunken paladin forum!

It's hard to say what the differences are between your version and the newest one, Soranthus, since I don't know how long it's been since you've played. But if your version was pre 2.0 (1.anything) then you might be surprised at how much has changed. Otherwise, it's been mostly minor bug-fixes and polishing.

It is my hope that people will be pleased to hear that the expansions are currently underway. Be sure to check the site from time to time to stay up to date!

Top Top

Drunken Paladin
  Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:29 pm

Hey folks, if you liked Tales of the Drunken Paladin: Book III, it might be relevant to know that the first EXPANSION is almost complete!

Click here for details!

Also, become a fan of Drunken Paladin on Facebook!

Top Top

Drunken Paladin
  Tue May 11, 2010 6:38 pm

BEHOLD, AN EXPANSION.

AND A NEW TRAILER ALSO.

Top Top

Drunken Paladin
  Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:17 pm

Greetings, HB Games. It would seem that TDP does not get a lot of activity around these parts, but in case some of you have played the game and have an opinion on its difficulty, please do not hesitate to VOTE IN THIS POLL.

Top Top

Eurritimia
  Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:38 pm

I played this game (not the expansion, I guess). This game is rad funny although I got some weird issues like saving inside the maze or appearing weird messages during battle.
That underground maze was particullary irritating to me, since the first time I walked 136592001 steps without saving and I had to turn off computer since it was 1 am.

Top Top

Drunken Paladin
  Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:32 pm

What were the issues you encountered, Eurritimia? I'm in Vermont right now doing my grad school residency, but once I get home I'll look into them.

Did they happen again in your second try, or just the first? I haven't heard either of those reported before.

Thanks,
Drunken Paladin

P.S. I'm glad you enjoyed it! You should play the expansion, too!

Top Top

Eurritimia
  Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:22 pm

Well, I remember I could save everywhere when I loaded the game (and even I started new game), but when I do something, can't save it anymore (although I can save normally when I talk to hobo-save man).

The messages seemed pretty random and I couldn't get them more than once. :/

Top Top

soranthus
  Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:08 am
Souless

Its the first of the month here so I got 12GB download again. Now I can download the expansion :D I watched the trailer, looks insanely mindblowing. Hahahahaha Because my copy of this game is OLLLDD as should I just start a whole new game?

Edit: Nevermind. Started a new game for the hell of it. =) So far I'm still laughing my ass off!

Top Top

Drunken Paladin
  Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:29 pm

@ Eurritimia: Well, if you couldn't get them more than once... that's good, right? Not sure what to do about that.

@ Soranthus: Glad you're enjoying it again! The expansion, in my opinion, is of a superior craftsmanship than the game itself. ;P

Top Top

soranthus
  Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:07 pm
Souless

Ok im stuck. Cannot! and i mean CANNOT! beat Antoxicate in drinking duel -.- I cant press A and S fast enough.

Top Top

Drunken Paladin
  Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:12 am

@ Soranthus: Haha, well, fortunately you don't actually have to beat him at the drinking game in order to progress. Since he only possesses one of the pieces, you can solve the puzzle by mere process of elimination (i.e., it can only be a number between 0-9), so if you try each of them, one of them is bound to work!

Beating him is mostly for bragging rights, and people can post their high scores, which I will then add to the hall of fame.

Top Top

jestemPolakiem
  Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:06 am
Adjustable ~ Negatively

good game ^^

Top Top

soranthus
  Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:59 am
Souless

Oh. I feel like a noob. Sorry -.- lol Thanks so much for the help :)

Top Top

Drunken Paladin
  Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:45 pm

[Note: Old]

Top Top

Drunken Paladin
  Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:44 pm

Hello! Come try Tales of the Drunken Paladin: Hobotropolis!

I think it's pretty good! Here are some people who agree:

AWARDS:

REVIEWS:

"As you are probably aware, there are a plethora (a lot) of games that have been created using one of our RPG Makers. Some of them suck and make us want to go home and cry, but some of them are pretty awesome. Tales of The Drunken Paladin is one such awesome game. It made us cry, but they were tears of laughter." - RPGMakerWeb

"Top 5 Free-to-Play RPG Maker Games" - Hyper Magazine

"It is like the softest caress of a massive-mammaried milkmaid upon your cheek as she coos out innocence and naivete that makes your blood boil with unholy sexy fury." - Mace

"If there was a button to pay $50 for this game, I would pay for it twice, just so you could have some small monetary symbol of my gratitude for your hard work with this project." - I Saw it on Junk Yard Wars

"Triumphant like sending kittens to the moon. My favorite rpgmaker game to come out in the last 5 years." - Illustrious

"Just wanted to say, this is by far the best RPG Maker VX game I've played, and I've played quite a few." - Dragndude9

"Freaking. Amazing. I loved every second of it. I laughed so hard, for ages. 9999/10." - Raian the Fallen

"I downloaded this game last month, and I think I had a stroke from laughing because I fainted and woke up with my friend shaking me..." - Roxas the Nobody

"Great, great, great game. Keep up the incredible work." - Swordsaint892

"I recently played it..and I lol'd. I NEVER LOL." - RealFolkBlues

"I have to say honest to god this might be one of my favorite games of all time now. I have not stopped laughing since I've started playing." - Deathwyvern

"This is one of the best games I've played for the PC, commercial games included." - seven207

"i have to say, this is one of the best rm games i've ever played. very few can compare to this masterpiece." - Kydo

"I'm sure I missed some things, but all in all it has a great story, great humor, great characters, great graphics (you made the rtp look good :3), and great everything!" - Kang

"I actually thought this game was going to be only a nothing-more-than-comedy-game, but this is definitely not. *applauds*" - NeoMarmar

"this is the best non-commercial VX game I have ever played... every single dialogue is absolutely hilarious!" - Frostoria

"I've been thinking RPGs have died to me, but this game proved it wrong." - Radscythe

"Seriously entertaining and very most excellent." - Grim Reaper

"this game is funny as shit... I keep spitting up my alcohol" - Lyonn

"Seriously had me in stitches." - Pointy

"The game was full of non-stop laughter..." - Nanamiko

"so... I basically almost cried with laughter while playing this game. It's fantastic." - Rosange

"I absolutely loved it." - Babyangelgirl2

"Very, very humorous. This is one of the few RPG Maker games I have really enjoyed in a while." - Confederacy

"You should consider warning people that they may wet themselves laughing while playing the game." - Munkis

"This game is great. It has well developed characters, attention to detail, and a sense of humor that has me laughing notstop." - Nairelev

"Good game and also very funny, I played this game more than once." - Apedemak

"This game is pure sex... Hilarious. I almost cried at some points." - Khaosn95

"I just test played it, and wow this game is totally awesome" - Radscythe

"this is the best VX game i've played by far. love the attention to detail, and of course, the humor." - Diedrupo

"Wow! This is by far the funniest/best game I've played on RMVX.

Interactive items, Hilarious comments and all around fun!" - Ketski

"Everything that these people said is true. This game is so hilarious and amazingly well done that I just did not want to stop playing." - Lunara

"This is like the most epic thing ever... Has me rofl'ing no matter how much of a bad mood I'm in." - Chill19

"It is a really enjoyable game with huge amounts of detail..." - Jim42

"This game's good, and I hope it get's viewed by others." - TNinja

"...this game is motherfuckin' great... I was literally laughing throughout the whole game." - Ashvir

"I love the game" - Harlequynn

"This game is so freakin awesome... Anebriate is the best main character I've ever seen." - Antares

"Probably one of the best I have played." - Ketsuekii

Top Top

Jorge420
  Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:06 am

Great game dude been looking for a good rpg for so long!

Top Top

Drunken Paladin
  Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:56 am

Thanks, Jorge. I updated the main post with the latest version (1.4.5).

Check the patch notes for more information about what each version has fixed or added.

1.4 added a full hour of gameplay to the already-robust Hobotropolis, bringing the full-game count to somewhere between 30-35 hours!

Top Top

Drunken Paladin
  Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:18 pm

I guess it's been a few years... but hey! Version 3 is now available for download!

http://drunkenpaladin.com/

Top Top

Fayte
  Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:26 pm
Sponsor

Party Mascot
wow talk about a throwback thursday! I've never played the original but I'll give this one a download and see how it goes.

Top Top