Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

CrymsenTears
  Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:52 pm

Enjoyed it is an understatement. Keep up the awesome work. Even if you just keep making games as entertaining as this one.

Top Top

Phoenix
  Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:09 am

Pretty funny.

Top Top

Drunken Paladin
  Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:23 pm

timehollow wrote:
Um, the filefront download link isn't working for me and I really wanna play dis game so can you upload it elsewhere? And I need the RTP since i'm using XP.

Well, once I get a version uploaded that I'm confident will require no further patching for a long time, I'll host it to several places for you to choose from.

Also, I'm in the process of developing http://www.drunkenpaladin.com, which, once completed, should host on-site as well as off.

@ Phoenix and Crymsen: Thanks, glad you both liked it.

UPDATE: 1.4.2 is posted, which should fix most (if not all of) of the bugs anyone has mentioned in this thread and others.

It has also included a basement to the super-castle in case anyone needs to grind, and allows players to back-track before the final "dungeon" to any point in the game.

UPDATE: 1.5 is posted. This should be the final patch until the expansions are released. Dozens of slight modifications have been made, including item adjustments, bug-fixes and even adding a new consumable to the end-game.

Top Top

vixen599
  Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:11 pm

i love this game but am so stuck in the poison part of the mine, can anyone post me a walkthorugh for this bit please

Top Top

gumbo
  Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:49 pm
new Arc JBishop of Canterbrist!

I just downloaded it and haven't even got past the intro and yet I already know I'm going to love this, 'some guy called steve' hilarious!

Top Top

Drunken Paladin
  Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:46 am

haxer wrote:
I just downloaded it and haven't even got past the intro and yet I already know I'm going to love this, 'some guy called steve' hilarious!

thanks for the download-- hope you enjoy!

Top Top

soranthus
  Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:12 am
Souless

...........................................................................................................
...........................................................................................................
..................................................................................................This is
the most.....omg.....words cannot describe this games awesomeness............

Enough said.

:)

Top Top

bobbityjack
  Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:22 am
Going Slightly Mad

Sooooo... First off, love the game - the humor, 'hidden' items, and mini-bosses are great and I appreciate it when people take the time to add in a bunch of interactions ('cuz I'm bound to check everything anyway).
However, something odd has happened to me.
(Background info incoming)
I had just returned to Lichfield and was about to go into the fort, however, I needed some money to gear up first. So I stepped outside the town to kill some stuff. I decided to rest up at Richmond first since the inn is cheap so I skipped the forest this time. Having done that I went to Gardiner, skipping the swamp. I then went killing things in the hills (or whatever you wanna call 'em). Next, I came back down and headed into the swamp - it was here that the weird stuff presumably occured.
(Actual problem description here)
Palmer had been sent back to his base stats, abilities, and equipment. Everything he had been wearing was gone.
(More possibly irrelevant stuff)
I tried to go back to the save point outside the fort so I could swap him out with another party member and back (see if that changed anything) but Anebriate says something to the effect of "Can't go in through the front, they'll be expecting it. Have to go in the back way." Crap, the boat's docked by the back way. How the heck can I get back in now? So I turned around and entered the forest this time. I was then given the same dialogue from the beginning of the game (A:"I don't remember this place" P:"You can't even remember your name...only way to get to Richmond" etc.).
Saving from the menu was enabled so I did that, and I do have an older save to return to, but What the heck?!
That is some crazy thing to have happen.

Edit: The side exit that normally appears after the super castle is built was not there either.

Last edited by bobbityjack on Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top Top

bobbityjack
  Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:10 am
Going Slightly Mad

Haha... I got myself into trouble again.

So this time (from the same point as before) I sailed to Bowdoin, found the guy's dog, went into town, saved, killed the Jets, and tried to leave. I was able to leave the town, but I couldn't go back through the wilderness.
I went back to my pre-Jet-killing save point and had the same problem.

This'll teach me to go looking for money...

Edit: I just returned to an older saved game, but word to the wise: if you want to go back to Bowdoin town, 'park' at the dock by the town; if you want to go to the wilderness, park at the dock by the wilderness and DON'T go into town (unless you want to be stuck there)

Top Top

Drunken Paladin
  Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:54 pm

HMMM, this is all very peculiar!

I'll get to work trying to find what exactly went wrong. The thing with Palmer is particularly unsettling.

EDIT: By "hills" do you mean the underground mines?

Top Top

bobbityjack
  Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:41 am
Going Slightly Mad

Drunken Paladin wrote:
EDIT: By "hills" do you mean the underground mines?

The cliffs outside of Gardiner where the poison cave is.

Top Top

Bird Eater
  Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:29 am
Eating birds is bad for your health.

Yay I finished the game :smile:

Totally 'rad' game dude :thumb: :thumb:

The ending was a little... Strange though ('OMG you're not giving spoilers!')

Book IV coming along?

Top Top

Drunken Paladin
  Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:28 am

mining gast wrote:
Yay I finished the game :smile:

Totally 'rad' game dude :thumb: :thumb:

The ending was a little... Strange though ('OMG you're not giving spoilers!')

Book IV coming along?

I'm actually working on expansions to Book III at the moment, although I've been extremely busy lately. I'm simultaneously trying to juggle grad school stuff and writing a novel, haha.

Glad you liked the game though, and hopefully I'll have the game Web Site up before too long.

Top Top

andrewb23
  Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:11 am
the man

i am currently downloading it..this game looks great. the features is a work of an art, you're really talented mr.drunken paladin?(dont know ur name). hope u keep on doing this kind of good stuff..i will be anticipating ur future games...

hope more ideas come to u my man! :tongue:

Top Top

andrewb23
  Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:43 am
the man

just started the game, lol there's really that ff9 atmosphere, most bgm's in the game are from final fantasy, seems you really like ffs eh. hehehe :haha:

god you're so patient making all the objects as interactional as possible. what a hardworking fellow. absorbed in work. :tongue:

Last edited by andrewb23 on Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top Top

Drunken Paladin
  Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:01 pm

andrewb23 wrote:
just started the game, lol there's really that ff9 atmosphere, most bgm's in the game are from final fantasy, seems you really like ffs eh. hehehe :haha:

god you're so patient making all the objects as interactable as possible. what a hardworking fellow. absorbed in work. :tongue:

Haha, it's true actually, it took a LOT of patience to make just about every object in the game do something. Either that or I'm just plain mad.

Top Top

bobbityjack
  Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:06 pm
Going Slightly Mad

Drunken Paladin wrote:
Haha, it's true actually, it took a LOT of patience to make just about every object in the game do something. Either that or I'm just plain mad.

As someone who attempts to do the same thing - it's madness, pure madness.

Top Top

Kiriashi
  Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:47 am
antidisestablishmentarianismist

I'm downloading it now!

I don't EVER download RMXP or VX games, but when when I looked at your user name I couldn't help it. :wink:

I'll tell you what I think?

Also, how long is this game?

*goes to first post to see for himself*

This, is me:
Content Hidden
[/center]

Top Top

Drunken Paladin
  Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:50 pm

Hey Kiriashi, thanks for giving it a shot!

I'd estimate that the story-line for the game is approximately 5-6 hours, and all the optional content and side-characters/bosses would take right around 5-6 more, so maybe 10-12 hours total?

Hope you enjoy!

Top Top

Drunken Paladin
  Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:50 pm

Version 1.6 uploaded: fixes a few minor things and adds a plethora of new events to the world, as well as some items and new equipment.

Update: 1.6.1 uploaded: More fixes, typos corrected, new quests, abilities and objects to interact with.

Top Top

Dark Link
  Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:06 pm

Hey, can you possibly either PM or post a link to the sideview battle system you used? I really like how it looks, and since I'm a total noob, could you give me a little "how-to" on installing scripts?

Top Top

Drunken Paladin
  Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:55 pm

Dark Link wrote:
Hey, can you possibly either PM or post a link to the sideview battle system you used? I really like how it looks, and since I'm a total noob, could you give me a little "how-to" on installing scripts?

http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=3781

This is where I grabbed it; everything for installing it should be thoroughly explained both on that thread and on the script itself.

Top Top

Dark Link
  Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:53 pm

Thanks, though I don't have much experience scripting, so I'm having a little trouble working it all out! :P

Top Top

Drunken Paladin
  Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:16 pm

Well, in a lot of cases, it's as simple as copy/pasting the script into your game, but in the case of more complicated scripts like SBS, it takes a bit of studying. I'm hardly an expert at scripting though, and I tend to make very simple and menial script changes, if any, on my own.

That said, I have tinkered around a bit with SBS, so if you have a specific problem with it, let me know, I might be able to point you in the right direction.

Top Top

Dark Link
  Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:01 pm

I deleted the script for now as it was messing with playtesting, but the error returned has been posted in the topic link that you gave me, if you want to find out what went wrong with it.

That being said, I do love your custom version of the script. I'm probably just going to stick with the basic configuration without ATB.

Nice work on the game, though. I've not completed it yet as I don't have much free time when on the computer but when I get a free moment I'll play it. When finished I'll definitely post a review.

Top Top

Drunken Paladin
  Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:10 pm

Dark Link wrote:
I deleted the script for now as it was messing with playtesting, but the error returned has been posted in the topic link that you gave me, if you want to find out what went wrong with it.

That being said, I do love your custom version of the script. I'm probably just going to stick with the basic configuration without ATB.

Nice work on the game, though. I've not completed it yet as I don't have much free time when on the computer but when I get a free moment I'll play it. When finished I'll definitely post a review.

I'm assuming you are the last poster in that thread, although I can't say for certain. In that case, I believe the problem might be that you are trying to load the game from a save file after having installed the SBS script. The tragic thing about this script is that it is incompatible with save files from before the script was installed.

If that's not the problem, then I'm out of ideas.

Top Top

Dark Link
  Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:18 pm

That may be it. Do you mean actual saved games, because when I playtest I test from the start (as I'm not very far in yet I can afford to do this).

I'm thinking that unfortunately I may have to recreate the game and install the script straight away before I edit anything. Again, not too much of a problem as I've only got three rooms and one cutscene done so far, but a nuisance nonetheless.

Top Top

Drunken Paladin
  Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:10 am

Hey Everyone, Tales of the Drunken Paladin now features a Web Site and Forum over at drunkenpaladin.com! Come check it out for the most up-to-date game versions, additional information and to just chat with us, we'd love to have you!

Top Top

zeshiba
  Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:14 pm

WEBBER LOVES SNOW WEBBER LOVES SNOW ANGELS!

Top Top

Dark Link
  Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:56 pm

Gotta ask dude, how did you incoporate the maps as battlebacks? I'm using a script which calls on pictures to create them, but I don't much like any backgrounds on offer.

I was thinking of creating a map, taking a Print Screen, saving it and importing it as a picture for the script to call on. Do you think that'll work? 'Cos I can see that you did yours a different way...

Top Top