Defender of Alefguard
The Kingdom of Alefguard awaits thee.Defender of Alefguard is a fantasy role playing game made with RPG Maker VX Ace and is based off of the original Dragon Warrior for the Nintendo Entertainment System. It features maps from Dragon Warrior using the default tilesets and new tilesets, modified sprites from the original game as well as music and sound effects.Story
The Hero assumes the role of the descendant of Edrick, a legendary warrior who's valiant deeds will be told for generations. Edrick brought peace back to the land by defeating evil beings with a ball of light. After peace was restored, Edrick gave the ball of light to King Leoric, who unified Alefguard. After many generations, the ball of light was stolen from King Leoric XVI at Tantangle Castle by the evil Dragonlord, plunging Alefguard into chaos once again. Many brave warriors tried to recover the ball of light from the Dragonlord at Charlocke Castle, but none have returned. A man named Mahitta predicted that "One day, a descendent of the valiant Edrick shall come forth to defeat the Dragonlord."
Edrick's descendant travels to Tantangle Castle after hearing rumors that King Leorik XVI had requested his presence. Upon arriving, King Leoric reveals to him that he is indeed the descendant of the legendary warrior Edrick, and requests that he saves his daughter, Princess Gwaelen from the clutches of evil. Before embarking on his journey, King Leoric tells Edrick's descendant to retrieve 3 items from chests in his Chambers, and to speak with as many people as possible in order to obtain information that will aid him in his quest.
Died at 53
Strong, brave, heroic.
Surrounding himself with a ball of light that would drive evil insane, Edrick was the first to destroy ancient evil and to uniform all of Alefguard.
Aggressive, passionate, and caring.
Adopted as a infant at a very young age, his Father was said to have been killed off during a invasion against the Dragonlord's minions. His Mother got mortally weounded while trying to protect him and she bled to death trying to carry him to to death trying to carry him to safety. He was shorty after discovered North of Breccon, where he grew up and worked as a stone mason until the age of 17. Shorty after his 17th birthday, his adopted parents died of a mysterious disease, leaving him on his own.
Caring, and very protective of the people of Alefguard.
After the ball of light was stolen and his daughter kidnapped, King Leoric spent almost all his fortune on search partys to recover the ball of light and his only daughter. None of the search partys ever returned.
A young, caring Women who would always go out of her way to help the people of Alefguard.
Princess Gwaelen's mother died giving birth to her, she has no memory of her Mother, but is said to have a striking resemblance to her. Being raised by her Father King Leoric, she was taught to love one another and to help those in need.
A evil tryant driven only by his desire to rule Alefguard, and soon the entire world.
Not much is known about the Dragonlord, other than the fact that he destroys entire villages leaving nothing in his wake. Some say he is a monster that can take many forms. He is said to command his minions at Charlocke Castle.
Special Thanks to Enterbrain, Enix, and Roy.
Yanfly Engine Ace - Ace Core Engine v1.09 - Enabled
Yanfly Engine Ace - Ace Battle Engine v1.22 - Enabled
Yanfly Engine Ace - Battle Engine Add-On: Enemy HP Bars v1.10 - Enabled
DT's Level up + - Enabled
Battle Transistion System V1.0 - Enabled
Victor Engine - Basic Module - Disabled
Victor Engine - Light Effects - Disabled
Tomoaky animation and fog
Mode 7 Ace Addon : Airship - Disabled
ï¿½?‚¥ Yami Script Ace - Simple Anti-lag Event - Enabled
Victor Engine - Equip
Modern Algebra - Quest Log
FlipelyFlip - Battle Transistion System V1.0
Music and Sounds
Change log 1.4
Changelog for current version 1.4
- Added 7 quests with the new quest log script from Modern Algebra.
- Added new monsters.
- Added 3 new spells. (Revive, cure poison, and repel.)
- Added new counter graphic for merchants and patched all the errors that came with it.
- Added a few new soundtracks.
- Made the prologue slightly more detailed, and better.
- Fixed the movement speed with Gwaelen.
- Gwaelen can equip anything.
- Added 3 new weapons in Catalin.
- Added states to Flame Sword, Ice Sword, and Lightning Sword which are the following : Burn, adds extra damage to enemy for 1-3 turns.
: Freeze, freezes your enemys for 1-4 turns.
: Shock, Adds small extra damage and stuns enemys for 1-3 turns.
- Added a dungeon just north of Tantangle Castle with new armor.
- Fixed a number of typos.
- Rainbow bridge has new graphic.
Changelog for version 1.53 7/23/2012
- Enemy attack animation has been added.
- New places to explore, including a new island after beating the game.
- Your hero now has shield and sword sprites to go with armor.
- More Weapons/Armor/Items.
- Added more spells to the list.
- Fixed a number of bugs and errors.
- Added subclasses which are the following : Priest, Mage, and Knight.
- Enemies have elemental resistances and weaknesses.
- In total there are 94 explorable areas.
- Battle fog is disabled outside.
Changelog for version 1.6
- The game is turn based and features animated enemies.
- Enemies have unique Item/Weapon/Armor drops.
- The game features a crafting system used to craft Items/Weapons/Armor located in the Breccon Inn.
- A Quest Log to keep track of all you quests.
- Original and New Dialogue.
- 3 different subclasses to choose from which are the following :
Priest, Mage, and Knight.
- There are over 100 different areas to explore.
- The Hero's appearance changes based on what you have equiped.
- 72 Different items to discover.
- 29 Different weapons to discover.
- 50 Different types of armor to discover.
Version 1.6 ( File Size 274 MB)Demo Download...Full Version Download...
My E-mail AddressDeathShrimp@live.com
Video for Defender of Alefguardhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2RTi2bqzlM
Please comment, I have spent a lot of time and effort in this project. Your feedback helps, thanks.