Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

JD_Slasha
  Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:52 am
Eternal Optimist
Retired Staff

L1 Slime
Wow, just played and got all endings. Cool concept! Great game :)

Top Top

Pokémaniac
  Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:26 am
Awesome Bro

Thanks man! Glad you enjoyed it!

Top Top

friend
  Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:07 am
mmoooo

After years of visiting HBGames, this must be the most successful "game" ever made by a member of HBGames.

Can't say you don't deserve it, either.

Although the writing can be improved, it feels a little too... amateurish, ya know?

just dont die

Top Top

Jason
  Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:37 am
Awesome Bro

Generic Townsperson
Was in a group chat ealier today with with 12 other people, conference call ofcourse, so many faces would scare me... and I recommended them to play this game...

So yeah, 12 extra players.

:shades:

Top Top

Pokémaniac
  Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:15 pm
Awesome Bro

@friend- thanks! I definitely agree, there was a lot more love I wanted to put into the writing, but I only had a month.

@Jason- solid effort! do you know what any of them thought of it?

Top Top

Jason
  Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:49 pm
Awesome Bro

Generic Townsperson
Well 5 of them went offline while we were still talking, but the other 7 thought it was brilliant. I'll see if the other 5 bothered with it the next time they come online.

Top Top

Amy
  Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:31 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
Finally got to play this on another computer. Brilliant idea and some really unique gameplay. I still keep having to restart levels though, I'm not intuitive enough.

The title is a little cruel :wink:

Top Top

Pokémaniac
  Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:05 am
Awesome Bro

Thanks! Sorry it was so hard for you to get working, there are a lot of people having issues getting it to load and I don't know why! The title's not so cruel when you're done...

Top Top

regi
  Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:36 am
raptor king
Sponsor

Just found this advertised by my college's Game Creation Society. Apparently an artist from our club drew the art for your game :!: small world.

I'll definitely give this a try when I have time and let you know!

Top Top

Pokémaniac
  Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:36 am
Awesome Bro

Oh, wow, that's ridiculous! Say hi to her for me if you get the chance, haha. Hope you enjoy it!

Top Top

WeebamNa
  Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:24 am
Treasure Hunter

Saw this game featured on Kongregate, congrats! Getting a badge for a game there is the difference between a couple k views and several 100k views. You're in the running for a nice place in the monthly contest there as well! :thumb:

Played it after I recognized the game there after seeing it here, and it was great! I was planning on playing it for a minute or so to see what it was like, but after one ending I was hooked and had to finish the rest of the game.

Top Top

Pokémaniac
  Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:14 am
Awesome Bro

Glad you enjoyed it so much! I'm only just finding out the importance of having badges, haha.

Top Top

Jason
  Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:03 pm
Awesome Bro

Generic Townsperson
Just had my little brother (16) play it too, he said the story confused him until the end where it all wraps up, and said it was great... then about five minutes later, while playing Guild Wars 2 and talking to his mates on Teamspeak... he shouted:

Don't look if you've not played

He didn't even turn to me or anything, just shouted it randomly, and I could hear his mates saying what are you talking about, lol.

So yeah, you've got another fan

Top Top

Pokémaniac
  Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:57 am
Awesome Bro

Ahahaha, that's fantastic!

Top Top

regi
  Mon May 06, 2013 5:56 am
raptor king
Sponsor

I have to say, that was not what I was expecting!

Gameplay was simple and well-designed, as you were able to effectively reuse the same maps throughout different timelines; though I felt the puzzles were almost too simple. That said, most of the excellence goes to the story. The use of time travel really added a twist to the mystery element, something I don't think I've seen before.

Minor spoilers

All in all, while the gameplay wasn't incredible, it was simple and fun, and carried by a strong storyline. Good work!

Top Top

Ace of Spades
  Tue May 07, 2013 6:19 pm

Party Mascot
I just finished playing through the entire game, took about 20 minutes or so. It was a short, but really enjoyable experience. I didn't find any of the puzzles to be difficult, but the story itself was intriguing enough to keep me playing. While the story did get pretty complex toward the end of the game, I thought it was extremely clever how all the different branching storylines intertwined at the game's conclusion to reveal the entire mystery. Although the graphics are minimalistic, they seem to work nicely. Also, the audio seems to be spot on; from the ding of the message boxes, to the tension-inducing background music. Between the subtle twists in the narrative, and the well written dialogue, you kept me interested and playing from start to end. Overall, great job with this game!

Top Top

So fist
  Sat May 11, 2013 5:59 am
Has fist, will travel.
Sponsor

Short but fun. Pretty innovative and just plain fun escapism. It is elegant in its simplicity as a game narrative. The puzzles were pretty easy, though. The fun of it was simply trying to finish the game to get the whole storyline, so in that sense it was a great success. I liked the grid like graphics. It reminded me of some board game from the eighties that used cardboard player pieces.

Top Top

Jumping Jack Flash
  Tue May 14, 2013 5:07 pm

L1 Slime
Are you working on any more or updating the game at all?

Top Top

biyu
  Fri May 17, 2013 5:52 am
I will eat your destiny

Warnings: 2
So far this is really cool!! I haven't finished everything but the pacing is really nice. Good job.

Top Top

Amy
  Fri May 16, 2014 8:41 am
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
Hey dude, congrats on all the mentions and reviews and such in big sources. Reading them actually got me to play more of the game and look at it more deeply, there is a lot here. That playing it multiple times *accidentally* killing different people leads to learning more of the story is so compelling and interesting.

Top Top

WinterSage
  Fri May 16, 2014 1:03 pm
Baking bread while I get baked.

Wow! Really neat game! Well done. :rock:

Top Top

Pokémaniac
  Sat May 17, 2014 3:24 am
Awesome Bro

Princess Amy wrote:
Hey dude, congrats on all the mentions and reviews and such in big sources. Reading them actually got me to play more of the game and look at it more deeply, there is a lot here. That playing it multiple times *accidentally* killing different people leads to learning more of the story is so compelling and interesting.

Thanks! Yeah, the reception to this game was just wild. I'm glad you came back to finish it! I'm really proud of this game, although I've had trouble working on anything since.

Top Top

Amy
  Mon May 26, 2014 7:32 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
Folks voted this Game of the Year 2013. Well deserved!

Top Top