Maps:
Content Hidden

Features:
Content Hidden

Team:
Content Hidden

Recruiting
Content Hidden

If you would like more info on the Lunar series please visit http://www.lunar-net.com/
All games, game titles, characters, pictures, names, and related media contained within this online publication are
copyright and trademarks of their respective companies.

Last edited by Sadrin on Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top Top

Despain
  Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:40 am

Quote:
The finished project will be a mix of top-down and isometric perspective s.

no. pick one and stick with it. the isometric screenshots here look absolutely FANTASTIC. do NOT ruin this by throwing in a few inconsistent rtp maps.

Top Top

Xephyr
  Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:20 am

Lunar Legend on the GBA (remake? i donno) is one of my favorite RPGs of all time, so I'm all for this. 

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk266/xephyr14/worldabovesig.png[/img]

Top Top

pestilence
  Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:56 am

Lunar: Dragon Song (or, as it was in England 'Genesis') was like one of my favourite games ever! If you get this finished, i will love you! ;]
Gonna be checking backhere often! ^^

Top Top

Racab
  Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:54 am

Wow that's some high quality maps. You should definitely complete this project. From what I see right here, there's really nothing wrong with your story. So all I can say is ' I can't wait till you finish this.

Last edited by Racab on Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top Top

Sol_Fury
  Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:26 pm

The isometric is extremely good looking. I say go with that (even though IIRC Lunar games were traditionally a top-down affair)

Whichever you decide on, you need to stick with, though.

Top Top

Avadan
  Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:14 pm
Sponsor

Content Hidden

Id also go with the Iso view (Iso is always better!)

I could help with some sprites(Only if you go with Iso maps!)... what do you need?

Top Top

Ynlraey
  Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:28 pm
Wutz Effert?

ISO please, you're doing pretty great :D

Top Top

moog
  Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:22 am
Sponsor

This looks good, but why DS? It was so awful. Nevertheless, good luck with it.

Top Top

Dalton
  Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:50 am
Best friend: Conditional Branch

moog wrote:
This looks good, but why DS? It was so awful. Nevertheless, good luck with it.

Well, that is kind of the point. To take that piece of garbage it was and turn it into something new and better.
I really enjoyed the GBA part of the series (I know it was only a remake, but... I think you know by now, that most good games are never released where I live) so I am really looking forward to a remake of this last part, that was quite a shame for the series.

Good Luck

Top Top

pestilence
  Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:38 pm

Any playable content set for release some time soon ? D:

Top Top

Celvin
  Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:10 am

I think mixing the isometric view and the top down view is a bad idea. Stick with one of them! The first screenshot looks sweet btw!

Top Top

Sadrin
  Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:53 pm
"WORK THAT"

sorry it took so long to respond! I don't have Internet at home for the moment so I'm using my iPhone.

So I'm sticking with full isometric views! I'm redoing some maps and I hope to have something new to view soon. I'm happy that you'd think this is a good idea. I'm really in need of help with scripts and charatersets, everything else is going very well.

Avadan- how would you like to help? Charatersets need to beanout the same size as the rtp but not look like rtp.

Top Top

Avadan
  Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:39 am
Sponsor

eeerrh....like the LUNAR: Legend battlers?

Top Top

Dark_linis
  Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:17 am

arrg. Lunar dragon song was the worst piece of shit I ever jammed into my ds.

God I hated that game... But I like the music (some) though. ^_^

maybe I am over exaggerating, but if you get the really annoying things corrected like the battle system and the running hp drain then this could be a hit. (and put the original developers to shame!)

Top Top

pestilence
  Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:40 pm

I don't think Lunar: Dragon song was THAT bad but the 'hp draining run of death'
WAS REALLY ANNOYING D:
I hope this goes well
Im really looking forward to playing

Top Top

moog
  Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:10 pm
Sponsor

Dark_linis wrote:
arrg. Lunar dragon song was the worst piece of shit I ever jammed into my ds.

God I hated that game... But I like the music (some) though. ^_^

maybe I am over exaggerating, but if you get the really annoying things corrected like the battle system and the running hp drain then this could be a hit. (and put the original developers to shame!)

no you arent exaggerating lunar ds really was awful, awful shit

Top Top

Sadrin
  Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:20 am
"WORK THAT"

*update*
Alright sorry for NO updates at all... >_< Being that people have liked my isometric picture of Perit village so much, I've decided to go full isometric! Whoohoo! I've redone my first town and trashed the original version that I did months ago. Phew! Check out the Screenshots and Maps spoilers! Let me know what you guys think.

Top Top

Lonewolf
  Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:17 pm

im crying xD
the new maps are absolutely pawnage!!
i never posted for like a 3 months or so
but here i am posting that the new town map is really smexy!!

Top Top

RPGS
  Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:01 pm
Banned

Unbeleviable !!! Fantastic, the iso maps / tilesets looks great :) How have you done them ? Please, can I have some of your tilesets :D ?

Damn, no1 here... :/

My Homepage : http://www.123minsida.se/Robinjorgen

Games in Progress :

Last edited by RPGS on Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top Top

Sadrin
  Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:17 pm
"WORK THAT"

Project isn't dead! just letting everyone know! I've restarted 3 times with different ideas as far as game design goes. I've touched up on my details and have a strict format now, rather than what just looked good at the moment. If you want to help out with this project check out the Recruiting section for info and send me a PM. :)

The reason why I'm posting today is to well... Let you know this is still going on, Ask for help. So help? ^_^ and see what people think about an idea. I've been wondering because my maps are isometric, it will be easy for the character to let lost behind stuff. So should I make the character semi-transparent when behind a tall object? or just normal?? Here is a couple of snap shots of what I'm talking about. Sorry for the use of the default hero.
Normal hidden behind stuff.
Semi-swee..transparent.
I figure this might help the player not get so lost? Should the tree be more transparent? How about, should everything that might hid the character be transparent? What about onscreen enemies? Let me know so I can continue. :D

Top Top

MCsephiroth13
  Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:03 pm
Strange, but true.

Oh my god your maps are some of the most beautifully done maps I have ever seen. Not many isometric games look very good but this changes everything! Keep up the good work.

Also, the transparent tree thing is fine. When the player will pass through behind it, he/she will notice because there will be that orange blur. To be honest though, I don't know how you can get lost behind a tree.

The Fourth Stone-Project Discussion Thread!
viewtopic.php?f=78&t=66648

Top Top

archerRin
  Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:54 am

Agree this is looking bloody awesome. Pity its a fan game, but good luck on the development while i drool for a bit :/

Top Top

Brendan_PR
  Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:28 pm

Great isometric work, you have hid the grid so well that you can't even tell what size of grid you use. So this art is original? I seem to remember you showing screen shots of bigger versions of the buildings and you are remaking them from scratch or something like that.

Top Top

Celestia Whitesword
  Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:40 am
Professional Goober

So far, what you've shown does look really good. But then, I was rather fond of the PS1 versions of the Lunar games they put out for it, so I may be a bit biased. ^_^;;

Also, I'm guessing that the default hero used in the recent shots is a placeholder 'til you get a Lunar sprite going?

Game currently in development: The Whitesword Maid

Top Top

Gubid
  Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:39 pm
Scripting Nerd

Is this project still active? It seems like it has alot of promise if worked on. Anyway, just thought I would ask.

Top Top

OrbitDuke
  Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:42 pm
Kind of like a professional. Only not.

I really, really, really did not like the original game. And i LOVE Lunar. The sega CD originals are fantastic, as are their playstation remakes.

But this looks AMAZING. I never say that about an RM game. But this looks like you've put amazing amounts of effort into it. And thank you lord god above for the words 'traditional lunar battle system'. For that, I could love you

Edit: No idea i was semi-necroposting. I just clicked on the ol 'new posts' button and saw this, didnt even read the other post dates till I saw the one above. My bad.

with a pistol for my creature and a feather for my day

Top Top

Sadrin
  Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:54 pm
"WORK THAT"

Wow! Neat little surprise to see today! Thanks Gubid for taking an interest in my project! To answer your question, yes I'm still working on it. It's kinda a bunch of mess at the moment. It's been back and forth between rmxp and vx. So it's gone through some changes. There really isn't anything game wise because of this. I've just been working on the graphics(ripping, editing, original) and basic layouts. I'm kinda waiting for Express Game Maker as that seems like the program that will allow me to get free player movement isometric maps. Right now it's down to a point and click system for towns/isometric maps and only dungeons are top down. I wanna get away from the point and click as It kinda takes away from the isometric feeling. So thanks again for looking into this! It means a lot!

Here are some pictures I'm sure I've posted someplace... just not here. Of course these have changed a little bit and are not finished.

OribitDuke-
I hated the original game! I went out and got a DS just for it! Have you played the new one for psp? I really like it but it feels like it's lost the magic somewhere? It's really odd but I'll take it. But yeah the Sega CD games are awesome! The music was above and beyond!

I'm still looking into a traditional lunar battle system. Right now the idea I'm looking for is a more tactical battle system but side view? Basically you just get more control. Lunar's system always felt like an auto tactical system.

If your post was necroposting, even more thank you!

Top Top

darkcieran
  Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:21 am

dragon song was a big let down for me. so if you can remake it into soemthing good. more power to you. hope you keep at it.

Top Top

moxie
  Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:08 pm
singin potatoes

add another person to the "loved the hell out of Lunar, and hated Dragon Song" list. looks pretty nice so far. all i can offer is generic encouragement, but good luck. :)

Top Top