Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11050 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 362, 363, 364, 365, 366, 367, 368, 369  Next
    Jason
  Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:33 am
Awesome Bro

Generic Townsperson
... Who are you?

Top Top

Erichermit
  Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:25 am

Party Mascot

He just arrived and was overwhelmed with appreciation and joy from the first three pages, which he assumed to have been recent.

That's my guess.

Top Top

Luka S.J.
  Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:38 pm
S.J.Ware HD

L1 Slime

Erichermit wrote:
He just arrived and was overwhelmed with appreciation and joy from the first three pages, which he assumed to have been recent.

That's my guess.

Actually it was the last 60 pages, but close enough.

Top Top

Erichermit
  Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:05 am

Party Mascot

Woah O_O That's quite a read!

Well, in any case. Welcome!

Top Top

Ellie
  Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:25 pm
Staff

Omnipresent Merchant
Luka S.J. wrote:
[OFF TOPIC]
I just want to say that this is the best indie game-dev community I've ever seen. Seriously impressed by all the work you guys are showcasing here. Seems to be a lot of talented people around here.

Thanks, it's good to hear :D

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:39 pm
Riding High above the world, ascended and pure.

Competent Minion

I myself must admit that I'm impressed by this site, in fact it's been the main source for feedback for Menagerie, I should really dick around here more often.

I apologize for the extended window in which I fail dramatically to post, as I finished off Menagerie I confined myself to my time of relaxation, which consisted primarily of playing games and ignoring everyone who tried to get me to do things. Unlike the release for Intelligence releasing Menagerie was stressful, partly because I had so much to do but mostly because I had lost faith in the project a year and a half back, it still came out great but it shouldn't have taken two whole years to finish, just... golly.

However, I have started on some new things...

And here's a teaser for a small project estimated to release in March this year.

Top Top

Luka S.J.
  Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:59 pm
S.J.Ware HD

L1 Slime

BM, that was great to watch! I have a question though, will that (awesomely made) intro cutscene be a one time thing? I mean a first game-run scene, or does it always appear before the Title Screen. I'm assuming here that this is all part of the game, not some specially made trailer right?

Anyway, whatever it is, and however it works, it looks great! That must have taken a while to make.

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:47 pm

Competent Minion

Luka S.J. wrote:
BM, that was great to watch! I have a question though, will that (awesomely made) intro cutscene be a one time thing? I mean a first game-run scene, or does it always appear before the Title Screen. I'm assuming here that this is all part of the game, not some specially made trailer right?
I'm glad you asked that! The introduction sequence is played unless a save file is found, then only the skippable CCC Logo is shown before it warps to the title screen.

A similar technique is used in Menagerie, I asked my friend "Yo scripting dude sup sup, is there a way to check if a save file exists in a conditional branch?" and he was all "Yeah dawg all you gotta do is make a conditional branch with the script part saying 'DataManager.save_file_exists?' without the enclosing apostrophes and you can set them up the mad title screen tricks, yo".

I proceeded to abuse this knowledge as such. It is not pre-rendered, no.

Luka S.J. wrote:
Anyway, whatever it is, and however it works, it looks great! That must have taken a while to make.
The biggest difficulty with picture cutscenes is getting it to the stage where I am happy with it, it took just shy of a day. Though it was eased along tremendously by both assets that had already been provided for previous endeavors that my team assisted in, and also my ability to be lazy enough to abuse Google's satellite technology and royalty-free stock images in general.

I also made this recently, which shows my video editing growth:

This one is... I don't wanna say pre-rendered, because all the game footage is from within its own game, but it's edited a lot more heavily than I usually deem appropriate.

Also, I made an introductory thread, after being here for... 5 years?

Sorry I guess?

Top Top

Ellie
  Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:35 am
Staff

Omnipresent Merchant
Looking good as always. I like your warning screen at the start of everything, it always cracks me up but still serves a practical purpose.

Top Top

paprika
  Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:09 am
spicy.

I'm not ready to show anything on my RMXP project right now- that is to say, there's now much to show on my RMXP project right now- so I thought I'd show off the other game-makey stuff I do with my time. I like making custom Ragnarok Online maps for fun. here's some of my better finished stuff and works-in-progress.

finished stuff!!

work in progress stuff

I'm not sure if anyone here has ever been into RO, or if that would affect their appreciation of this sorta custom work, but I put some good time into this stuff and it's been a lot of fun. The game I'm planning to make in RMXP right now is something of a reboot of the setting i was putting together in these maps. maybe i'll go more into that later. shit that's a lot of screenshots now that i look at it.

Top Top

Injury
  Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:24 am
Ṱ̻̘o҉̸̴̮̬͉o̹̬̰ M̠͍͍͡a̧̺ǹ͍̝y̢̞̮̯ C̳͚͇̻̬͝o̴̡̲̼͕ͅo̶̢̧̠̫̹̳̬̣̭k̶̻̫̯s̴̰͖̭̟̱̯̀͜

Generic Townsperson
Looks cool, I only played RO for a second. Not my cup of tea. Are you exporting those maps and using them in your own projects? Pretty nifty.

Top Top

paprika
  Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:30 am
spicy.

Injury wrote:
Looks cool, I only played RO for a second. Not my cup of tea. Are you exporting those maps and using them in your own projects? Pretty nifty.

Nah, it's just a hobby- Some friends and I run a private server (private as in, a small closed community) where we use the game as a sort of visual medium for pen and paper RPG antics. If I knew a bloody thing about coding I'd love to get RO's map format working on a different engine, and because I've gotten pretty good with the 3D map editor, but that's way outta my skill level.

Top Top

Ellie
  Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:56 pm
Staff

Omnipresent Merchant
RO looks really cool, so pretty... but I know that if I started playing I'd never stop again, always happens.

Top Top

OrigamiRose
  Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:03 pm
Individuality

New Town Screenshot from me:

Top Top

StrawberrySmiles
  Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:02 am
Sponsor

Generic Townsperson

I've been mapping again for a project called "Starborn"!

Top Top

corleonis
  Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:09 am
Cor Leonis

Party Mascot

both nice screenshots but I will say that origamiroses map could do with a better choice of flooring as this one is a little overpowering (the floor shouldn't draw loads of attention)
also I love the screenie from strawberrii but the actor sprite seems a bit off as it is stood on the curb instead of the center of the path, other than that, it looks great.

good effort to both of you

Top Top

Spoo
  Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:00 am
Certified Bad Pun Aficionado
Sponsor

Party Mascot
Straw, I love that color tone :o

I'm never crazy about using the signs as a plaque. IMHO they look better hanging off the side of a building.

SMITE | PATH OF EXILE | BATTLEBLOCK

Top Top

Jumping Jack Flash
  Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:56 pm

L1 Slime
their designed to go on the side of buildings but i still think they look better on the front as its awkward to map with and have the player walk underneath them if their not on the right layer... its awkward.

Top Top

Ellie
  Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:13 am
Staff

Omnipresent Merchant
I think in vxace that's less of an issue as characters are only a tile in height.

Top Top

corleonis
  Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:24 am
Cor Leonis

Party Mascot

Here's a very early example map from my new project "Flatline"
obviously there are still a lot of things need working on (a charaset that matches the scale, random hospital gubbins, lighting, etc.) but I figured I'd share what I've pulled together in the past couple of days.

also, its a psychological horror... if you hadn't already guessed.

Top Top

corleonis
  Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:25 am
Cor Leonis

Party Mascot

just noticed an error in the blending on the corners of the floor by the inner wall... bugger.

Top Top

corleonis
  Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:34 am
Cor Leonis

Party Mascot

fixed the problem but I'm gonna re-upload once I've done a bit more as the difference isn't that much

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:59 pm

Competent Minion

Did a few fun things in Neverwinter Nights Toolset for Nostalgia's sake.
Content Hidden

Also:

Top Top

Bernd
  Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:22 pm
Vampire

Bizarre Monkey, my old friend, it looks like you improved a lot since we met the last time. Time for you to release something playable, finally.

I just designed an agency with some selfmade artwork-facesets:

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:17 pm

Competent Minion

Bernd wrote:
Bizarre Monkey, my old friend, it looks like you improved a lot since we met the last time. Time for you to release something playable, finally.
Already did buttwipe.

Bernd wrote:
I just designed an agency with some selfmade artwork-facesets:

Looking good. That Agency Owner sounds like a badass dude guy.

Small clip of the video much earlier synced to a different song with some aesthetic upgrades.

And with that, I bid you all farewell for 11 days, In a mere 5 I'll be moving up to the big city, and we'll have 6 days without net once we're up there.

So yeah, Toodle-loo!

Top Top

Nuri Yuri
  Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:02 pm
Nyu~

Party Mascot

@Bernd : Your artworks are funny x)
They represent well the dialogs :3
[hr]
A little screenshot of Pokémon Orbe Doré (Pokémon Golden Orb) :3
I took this screen in the first cavern before a battle, we can see Charles and our first Pokémon following us.

I didn't translated this project in English for now...

Top Top

jroovers
  Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:11 am

L1 Slime
Hey all!

I've been working on a rpg for a month now. It's called the Book of Elements. I've tried to edit the regular tileset from xp and create a 'own' style. criticism is most welcome!

Top Top

Ellie
  Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:49 am
Staff

Omnipresent Merchant
I love that, would be great to play a whole game in the style. Particularly nice to see the wooden house actually looking good. I think in making the houses as modular as possible they cocked up the proportions; done like this they look natural and well sized.

Top Top

Nuri Yuri
  Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:51 am
Nyu~

Party Mascot

Your style goes well with your RPG's name :3
You've just some graphical errors to correct and it'll be perfect. http://puu.sh/77l5A.jpg - http://puu.sh/77l6i.jpg

Top Top

jroovers
  Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:22 pm

L1 Slime
Thanks for the quick respond! Yeah I will put more effort in optimizing the graphics later on as I'm not the most patient guy :p

Nice to see such an active community!

Top Top

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11050 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 362, 363, 364, 365, 366, 367, 368, 369  Next