Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
    action
  Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:03 am

Alright, page two.
That's my greatest achievement in life, you know?

I will hopefully soon upload samples of the music sometime in the next month. For all you don't-care-about-spoilers people, I will upload a plot line outlining the whole entire game, inside 100 or so spoilers, so you don't look at it by accident.

I'm helping another person with spriting, so I can't do much with my game.

Please do still love me though.

Thanks to everyone who has replied so far!

Alright, to the point.

Help is need in the following areas:
Pixel art: Preferably someone good with larger stuff, like my sprites, or busts.
-Minimal Scripter: Small tasks, such as editing the CMS, CBS, and adding some functions to gameplay.
Concept art: It's been really hard to draw some certain characters, so some concept art to help with the finals would be appreciated.

Support is appreciated. Please put my userbar and link in your sig if you like anything about this game.

Really, I have not gotten anything done at all. No updates on art, music, scripts, story, or even system...
But I have gotten alot of ideas for the plots. This game is evolving, and the plot as well.

For now,
-Lonelyelf

Top Top

action
  Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:01 am

What page of the forum am I on now? 3 or 4?
Please, reply with your thoughts. Help is needed to continue with this game.

I am working on some new concept art.
Check out my photobucket for some. ( not all of it is )
http://s592.photobucket.com/albums/tt5/lonelyelf/

No significant progress will be made until November. I am currently caught up in school work, and will not be able to do much until about then.

I have considered, and decided:
-3 new characters will be included in chapters 1 - 4, and some others throughout.
-Asea will look much older now, as he looks like he's a 10 year old. He will grow a bit...
-I have plotted through chapter 4 so far.
-I have been on a creative spree - 10 or so new songs, 20 sketches, hundreds of story ideas, and other game concepts. A week or so into November, you'll start seeing some new screenies.
-As soon as I have finished chapter 1 (sometime in December / January ) I will move to the Full Game board
-I am redoing the CMS, Title, Battle, Map system, and more. Few things will be the same.

I need help in he following areas!
-Pixel art: Preferably someone good with larger stuff, like my sprites, or busts.
-Minimal Scripter: Small tasks, such as editing the CMS, CBS, and adding some functions to gameplay.
-Mapper: Our old one has disappeared without any contribution. So this is added to the list. You won't be doing much for long, as I will just need some maps revised, some mapping help, and I'll be on my way.
-Concept Artist: I myself can draw, and have imagination, but not in certain areas. I will need someone to patch up some concepts, and help with creating some.
-Anyone who enjoys this game: All you need to do is reply with your thoughts or criticism, or add the userbar to your siggy if you like it. It's not an obligation, but it would be nice.

Thanks again,
-abreaction

Top Top

action
  Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:31 am

I have begun with the tileset - I've finally finished the grass! >.<

I have now decided to add the ELEMENT COUNTERS feature. This is how it works:
Whenever your character equips a weapon with an elemental status, he/she will gain a counter. This will effect what he/she is weak or strong against. (If you unequip, you lose the counter.)
When you have one element that has more counters than the rest, it becomes your elemental. This effects your status in different ways such as:
Fire: Stegnth
Water: Health
ect
The effect depends upon the character, and what counters you have on. It also has the effect of the number of couynters you have of the element, therefore: 3 fire counters = 3times damage on ice, plus 1 elemental = 6 times damage on ice.
It will also effect different events, and unlock several puzzles.

-abreaction

Top Top

WeaponOD
  Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:09 pm
Nothing but pixels!

Sup! This looks pretty interesting... Do you have any screens of what your Large sprite will look like?

Looking for a project, and/or Spriting/Drawing Requests!

Top Top

action
  Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:03 pm

No, not yet. I have not gotten far enough with the tileset, and don't have the spritesheets yet.
So a new screenshot will take a while, since I'm working on this by myself.

Thanks for the reply,
-abreaction

Top Top

action
  Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:26 am

HOORAH! PROGRESS!!!
-I have recruited 1 (maybe 2) more people to the team... WeaponOD is now a Pixel artist!
-The concept for the tileset is finished. I now have an idea of the proportions and what will go in.
-Two more characters have been added to the game, all of them are characters in the activists group:
Content Hidden

-I'm currently still designing some ideas for the game system
-In a day or so I'll upload some more detailed character descriptions. Someone said they were a little short...
-A goal has been set for the upcoming demo: Fall 2010
This demo will have all of chapters 1&2, maybe 3. It will include the events of the activists group.
The reason it will take so long is because I have few members on the team, and will have to start from total scratch. All sprites, tilesets, animations, scripts(not from scratch), graphics, pixel art, and so on. Sorry for the late release...
-I have already drawn out the plot for the entire game. I have plenty of time, so I'll think over the plot alot, and hopefully find all the plot holes.
-All help is welcome That is correct. Any help and all help is accepted. Because we need the help, if you are good at anything, you can apply by PMing me, or emailing me at kakiro.tree@yahoo.com
But you will be tested, and not every application will be accepted - If you aren't what we are looking for.
But don't feel discouraged! Think you're good? Just PM/email me!

That's the updates for today!
-abreaction

Top Top

action
  Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:08 pm

BlackMask is now officially on the team. It is now a team of 4. He will be mapping specific areas of the world.
You can be a part of this project too! Whatever you can do, just PM me with your talent in media, and you could be a part of the team.

I am currently redoing concept art, adding a old painting feel to it, with sepia colors, and more realistic characters.
The game will also have this feel, adding to the "dark" atmosphere. Dark, staurated colors, with some mixture of tan and such.

That's it for updates,
-abreaction

Top Top

action
  Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:57 am

Alright, sorry for the double-post.
!!UPDATE!!

I have finished the sketch for the new concept of Asea and Michael. A new style has been implemented, and some other misc edits.
I am currently painting this.
This isn't going to be pretty.

Here have a few tiles to give you a taste of what you'll see ingame.
WIP: Water, weeds
Finished: Grass, rocks (some)

Top Top

Faine
  Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:53 pm

I like your story and concept art including the one above. that is probably THE BEST. though the story is very long and depressing the long part is good but i don't really like depressing story's sorry.
got to go bye.

Top Top

Faine
  Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:59 pm

sorry doubl-post by accident

Top Top

action
  Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:02 pm

Umm, okay?
Thanks for the reply. Though you probably could have been a bit more specific and constructive (it would have helped) I"m glad you like my game. Or do you? I'm not sure... What do you mean "the long part is good"?

Well, I'm using SAI Paint Tool for colouring now. It's turning out better than I thought~

For now,
-abreaction

Top Top

action
  Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:49 am

My last day around here for a while!

My project is still going - all the team is working still, including me. I just won't be on the board for a while.

heres my update:

Ooowah - pretty, I know. It's what's going to be in the game, with special effect (each and every frame)
Just wait until the next Alpha, with all the new graphics!!! Yep, I'm hoping to have an Alpha out as soon as we are finished with the new resources, before the actual Demo of Fall 2010.

I'm still working on the coloring for the new art, so don't expect anything too soon. Sorry.

That's it for now! I won't be checking in on my topics for a while, but don't be hesitant to post!
As well, all help is welcome. Got a skill? Email me here kakiro.tree@yahoo.com

See yah!
-abreaction

Top Top

Pokémaniac
  Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:01 am
Awesome Bro

I don't think it looks pretty at all... The red words are jarring and the lines flow badly because you just jammed the message in there.

Top Top

action
  Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:48 pm

And I'm posting - got bored so I checked the topic~

It's not finished. The poem's going to change, and I have, like you said, some things to finish. It's basically a - yes, you guessed it - concept. (A word I use way too much)
But thanks for the reply.

I suppose I'll be checking in once in a while, posting every so often.

Top Top

Spoo
  Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:43 am
Certified Bad Pun Aficionado
Sponsor

Party Mascot
I actually love the concept art of Asea; you draw him well :tongue:

Top Top

acrox999
  Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:29 pm
Does gun and run game even possible to be made in RMXP/RMVX?

Game looks great. Looking forward to it!

Top Top

moxie
  Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:40 am
singin potatoes

Quote:
Stabs himself and brings forth the angel's spirit

Have we played Persona 3 recently? :T

It's great that you want to do all original graphics, but I think your art would benefit greatly from some indepth critique. You might try registering at a couple of pixel forms like Pixel Joint and Pixelation to try and get some help.

Top Top

action
  Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:01 pm

Back to check up on my topic!

@Spook: Thanks - glad you like it

@acrox999: Thanks to you too - this game can use as much support as it can get (have you checked out the userbar yet?)

@opium: Heh heh, yea... I didn't have Persona 3 in mind while coming up with the idea, but seeing as how close it is to the idea of shooting yourself in the head to release a persona, I get that quite often~ Still only considering it...
I have put up the sprite ex on the PixelJoint for critique - just got something about "less colors could be used" - not that helpful....

Well, I'll be back fulltime January! Currently working on Asea's sprite~
-abreaction

Top Top

moxie
  Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:26 am
singin potatoes

Try Pixelation, I've always found them to be very helpful.

Top Top

action
  Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:14 am

Alright - I put it up.
Thanks.

Top Top

action
  Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:26 pm

Huzzah! More concept art:
This is Saika, Asea's first and only friend ( as said earlier, and found in the main post)
No real progress - some minor stuff with the art and concept
The real production of the game will begin Febuary....

But we need your help :O whenever you can help, no matter what you do!
A pixel artist or scripter would be nice~ For christmas :D

Merry kwanzaaaaaa
-abreaction

EDIT: I am debating removing the whole 'floating island' thing

Top Top

Daxis
  Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:31 pm
The arrow lives frugally.

It's cool. Don't really understand what's with her right arm though, that mark and... tag or whatever; it's either a muscle, which makes her right arm abornally large/strong, or something else.

Gun is drawn just alittle bit too sideways, and I think the thumb(?) is way too small.

Other than that, it's all cool. goodjob.

"RPG ideation"

Top Top

action
  Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:50 am

Thanks~
The thing on the arm was a cut at one point ^^;
The thumb is somewhat hidden behind her, but it still does need to be fixed...

Top Top

action
  Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:12 pm

Project NID/Farewell Official Blog!!!
Hooray!
Project NID/Farewell now has an official home! All updates will be there from now on, larger updates here. Please check it out, and favorite/RSS it!

For now,
abreaction

Top Top

action
  Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:43 am

Screenies!!! :D
All maps by BlackMask, thanks!

Save Point/Hideout?

Map 1

Map 2

As I have mentioned in the blog, I will start posting screenies of the maps, with the old RTP. I'm not far enough on the tilesets and sprites to apply it to the maps. As well, sorry for the .jpg format - in a rush here.

Till the next screenies!
-abreaction

Top Top

Nolund
  Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:58 am
Factose Intolerant
Sponsor

Now, I'm by no means an expert mapper, but the tone of that second screenshot is making my eyes bleed. Does it really need to be THAT bright?

Top Top

action
  Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:43 am

Ah, no, It's actually just a fog. I can set it down a few notches for ya.
I agree, it is pretty bright (best not to use it unless there's a especially bright day needed for the game - which I am doubtful of :P it was, after all, originally called Night is Day)

EDIT: Yea, it actually was partly tone.
Here you go:
Content Hidden

Top Top

Kuahewa huki 'ino
  Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:54 am
HUGE JERK

So, for the PCP project, here are my initial reactions. Since I couldn't find any story triggers, right now I can only give some Words on things that aren't related to your characters or story.

1) Your title screen was nice in that it wasn't the garish stock screen. I personally wouldn't use Japanese characters, but A) someone already mentioned this and B) this is only my opinion after studying the thing for years upon years before realizing I preferred language mechanics and cultural shifts to vocabularies and writing systems.

2) I know it's an alpha demo, but it really kinda threw me into the middle of a city with no prompts at all which, unless you don't have any story triggers, contributed to why I couldn't find any of them.

3) Your maps are kind of prohibitively HUGE. I mean, scrolling maps give a sense of a vast world, but sometimes there's just too much to scroll through.

4) Speaking of maps, you should go into your Autotiles first thing and switch the game's Passing rules on them, because I got stuck 2 West 1 North of the starting screen because I couldn't go back to the screen I came from, and couldn't get off of the Autotile set I was standing on to go to the east.

5) Some of your background images aren't designed to be infinite loops, so they look weird when they run out of space and go back to the beginning. There was supposed to have been an attached image, but long story short, it's the island you warp to 3 West 1 North of the starting screen.

6) I did like how you made those little arrows to show that I could interact with them, either through a transition or by jumping or whatev'. A fun way to show important tiles, or that you can interact with the environment.

7) Not to slight your composer, but the song you have at both your title screen (and as your main city theme, apparently) started to kinda... y'know, after a while. You know, when a track loops over and over and it's like listening to a clock tick when you're trying to go to bed. It can drive a man insane.

I'll explore the world more later, but these are my initial impressions. tl;dr, I got no directions for navigating a map that is way too big and partially unnavigable, the music is kinda crazymaking, and you put nice little touches into it that can lend a fun sense to the game.

Top Top

action
  Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:54 pm

Yep, 'parrently we got eachother for the PCP. I'll critique you too as soon as I have time -
But thanks for beating the dead horse ^^;
I already know that the maps are horrible, there is nowhere to and no direction to the Alpha, that the backgrounds don't loop, and that there are passability issues. Really, it seems this is all people can say, or that my game is "awesome" or "so cool or "can't wait."
Guess there isn't much too look at, but still...

I'm glad you like the arrows! This is exactly what I was trying to pull off, and I'm hoping to use this system more often. The arrows are colour coded, if you have not yet noticed.

I no longer have the same composer as I once did (not going to use any of his music once I can compose on my computer)

"you put nice little touches into it that can lend a fun sense to the game." Oh, and thanks ^^

See ya,
-abreaction

Top Top

Kuahewa huki 'ino
  Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:03 am
HUGE JERK

CHAPTER 2: In Which We Continue to Analyze Things

1) Your story follows the classic 32-bit plot. " The Corrupt Empire rules the world. You're the leader of a small rebel band. Overthrow the Empire, but somehow religion is involved." (Fraundorf, 1999)

2) Now, there's no characterization to play through, so I can't judge character development. However, at a glance...
- Asea is the dark, brooding, Chosen One hero with a stained past. It's like a mishmash of archetypes that doesn't necessarily do anything to make itself unique. Keep in mind that first impressions mean a lot even if a character changes through the course of the game, so starting out with "dark, brooding, and generally unlikable" will end as a conclusive statement in the player's mind regardless of what he becomes.
- Yes, yes, everyone has heard of the Archangel Michael whether they had a theological upbringing or not. This character is like taking a stock-parts car to a street race, because he is basically an archetype in and of himself, and if he's afflicted with evil and demons, why would he be so pious? Anyway, have you ever seen the film "Michael"? It, too, featured the archangel of the same name, but his characterization couldn't have been farther from its traditional depiction.
- The Quintessential Mysterious Girl.
- Saika. Like the Japanese musketeer clan? So basically she is like the personality counterbalance and obvious love interest for Asea. Saika is, while technically a surname, a masculine sound in Japanese, by the way.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that, to make good characters, you have to step outside of the "archetype comfort zone" and create something that is all your own.

3) skyship :U

4) Terminal error: High Potion.png could not be found.

Top Top

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next