Gameplay
Content Hidden

Images
Content Hidden

Top Top

Necrile
  Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:42 pm
Sponsor

Looks decent. But why is a 20-30 minute demo 100mb? Kill the mp3's if thats what's doing it (at least until your full game comes out :P)

Top Top

ZacTheImpailer
  Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:16 am

That's another thing, how do I cut down filesize?

Top Top

Necrile
  Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:07 pm
Sponsor

Did you read my post? Delete your mp3's. I'm almost positive that's why it's so large.

Top Top

mawk
  Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:19 pm

as sound formats go, .ogg is your best bet for RMVX games. smaller and higher-quality than mp3, and capable of a few neat tricks. a free sound program like Audacity can convert mp3s to oggs quite easily. for a demo, it's also important to make sure it doesn't contain any music you're not using in the parts the players can get to; filesize economy is something a lot of people care about.

░░░░░░▓▓▓▒▓▓▓▒░▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▓░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▓░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▓▒░░▒▓▒░░▒▓░░░░░░░
ImageImageImage

Top Top

ZacTheImpailer
  Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:14 am

Thanks dude, I'll try that. I didn't want to delete any of the tracks because all of the music in the game to this point is custom non RTP. also I'm pretty sure there is no excess music but I'll check just in case.

Top Top

Petros
  Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:57 pm
Sponsor

The Final Fantasy XIII battle system is what's drawing most people here so I'll comment on that.

It's great, but a little frustrating, most battle systems will remove a combatant from the list of targets once you kill them for quick selection of the next target in button bashing mode. It's frustrating that this doesn't. Also it's a little annoying that it still says "Attack" when the option can't be used. Otherwise the battle system is pretty damn impressive, was it custom made for you or plug-n-play?

www.finalfantasyzero.com

Top Top

ZacTheImpailer
  Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:55 am

plug and play, but I changed the script slightly to get rid of the auto battle command. When I did take away the auto battle and the escape command (people could escape from any battle despite making them unescapable) though I had to change it slightly again because of small problem where the wrong commands were being highlighted during the wrong roles, so I changed it so all commands are highlighted during all roles, so that's the origin of that little design flaw. Anyway It's a brilliant script and if anybody wants it's on RPG Revolution, here's the link: http://www.rpgrevolution.com/forums/ind ... opic=38767

Thanks for for the criticism, I'll update the game and upload the new demo with a smaller filesize.

Top Top