Update: Tuna is a god!
Basically, since he's been helping me along with this, we thought up some cool ideas last night for a new weapon, some new sound effects and other misc. agendas, and I didn't think we'd be implementing them until he logged on later today or something (Until then I'd be working on the menu(s) and sprites, but I've just opened the project through our dropbox, and like a boss he's added everything in already! That's some major progress right there!
Basically here's a list of what's been added overnight:
- Tanks are now fully functional, they will shoot the player from afar, and can also hit enemy cars with their attacks (If you've got a few cars on you it's a great idea to keep the tank alive to thin out their numbers and make it an easier approach)
- The health has been changed into a health bar depicted by an image
- Landmines have now been added into the game as power ups that spawn around the map(If a tank drives over one, it will disable it temporarily, allowing you to get a few bursts in, it's very handy!)
- The controls have changed slightly (It's S to shoot now, and A will be for secondary attack, D is still drift toggle)
- More sound effects have been added
- More particles have been added, we now have fire too
A big big big thankyou needs to go out to Tuna for the help he's given me, and I'd appreciate if you guys could thank him too!
In other news: My decision on the demo - Survival only.
Due to constraints in events, sadly I won't be able to add a "story mode" (With levels etc.) into the contest build, so I've decided I WILL be sticking to just the survival mode, however, if I do receieve a key, I'll be working on the story mode too and have two options in the menu.
This doesn't mean that I'll be half-arsing the contest build, as you may know me and Tuna have actually been putting a ton of work into this, and I think you'll be able to see just how far the game has come once the next demo is released!