Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 526 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
    Ellie
  Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:31 pm
Staff

Omnipresent Merchant
Watch in amazement as I completely rip off whatever MMO I am playing at the time

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:55 am
Riding High above the world, ascended and pure.

Competent Minion

Boy have I been busy, I'm glad to say that- outside of a couple cosmetic errors and some placeholders this fight is done.

Top Top

Ellie
  Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:24 pm
Staff

Omnipresent Merchant

Top Top

ZenVirZan
  Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:31 pm
very undead
Sponsor

Comic Relief

looks spicy but doing all the sprites for the characters would be a nightmare

Top Top

Ellie
  Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:33 pm
Staff

Omnipresent Merchant
A character generator creates all the different poses. Unfortunately it's very resource heavy.

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:40 am

Competent Minion

A very unexpected out-of-left-field trailer I uploaded a few days back.

I'll have a Demo 2 Gameplay trailer later. Currently I'm only 2 bosses of 6 in.

Top Top

Nathaniel3W
  Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:22 pm

Inept Evil Stooge

Made about 30 new helmets for my game. I've been testing them with different hairstyles, making sure they all work and that I didn't forget to make a helmet I made sprite sheets for.

This is what they look like. The lighting is not ideal here, but at least I can see that everything is working.

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:20 pm

Competent Minion

I've been making good progress on bosses in regards to optional events. I've done many more scenes, as well.

Bosses:

With that, only Yasondre and then Yasondre + Kyoshi Combo remain for Disk 0 Optional bosses.

Scenes:

Lots of these, this isn't even all of them, but they're the ones I bothered to record.

Top Top

Ellie
  Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:32 pm
Staff

Omnipresent Merchant
Skills bar implemented (QABS controls).

Used a jquery fade to make the icons fade in when clicked based on their cooldown time.

Reckon that's obvious enough? Maybe I could do some sort of radial gradient fade.

All of this scales successfully depending on the size of your device.

Top Top

Xhukari
  Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:09 pm

Generic Townsperson
What's QABS?
The fade's cool. I'm a fan of numbers for cooldowns.

It scales to screen size? Even different ratios? That's pretty cool!

Top Top

Ellie
  Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:18 pm
Staff

Omnipresent Merchant
Different ratios as long as they're portrait. I don't have a lot of devices to test on though.

Top Top

Xhukari
  Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:53 pm

Generic Townsperson
So I've been working on a mobile game. Decided this is the year I'll release at least one game!
Image Image Image
I've taken some inspirations from a few games I like, and just ramming it all into a single game! Not much to show so far, especially since I keep going back to tweak the Lockpicking minigame.

Image Image
As always, I'm making it in Construct. So I'm sure I'm far from best practices, though using lerp is very fun. Whenever you transition between grids, it does a zoom in & out which looks pretty nice in motion, I think.

I wanted to make the landscape / portrait capability be the smallest headache possible. Essentially the actual game area is a square (300x300) but uses the Scale Outer option, with the UI either bound to the center or anchored to a corner. It's working quite well so far.

Top Top

Ellie
  Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:45 pm
Staff

Omnipresent Merchant
Nice. That lockpicking is infuriating (but in a good way).

Top Top

Xhukari
  Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:12 pm

Generic Townsperson
Oh yeah absolutely. I want to try and hit that sweet spot of being challenging, but also account for being on mobile. So you got a 15° leeway on either side of the unlock point. And it rewards patience... so if you try to rush it and cause a lot of stress, the lockpick breaks quickly. But if you take small pauses from stressing it, it quickly recharges to full health.

I might try and get a video up of it in motion, as I don't think the screenshots really do it justice.

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:49 am

Competent Minion

Svoli is a fun character to write, now she's all having her big 'yeah im not running away im in here and i'll die as many times as i gotta to make shit work' moment.

Top Top

Xhukari
  Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:21 pm

Generic Townsperson
Haven't put as much time into the game as I wanted, but I'm still making progress! I've began to implement enemies who will periodically glow red for extra clarity that they're enemies. Everything's a WIP, except for the health thing.
Image Image

So continuing to wear my inspirations on my sleeve, I've gone ahead and borrowed the Health-Condition thing from the early RE games. Though the images don't show it, it does smooth transitions of colour (Green > Yellow > Orange > Red) as you take damage. So yellowy greens, etc. Also the blips decrease in height, as a reflection of your current health %. It looks quite nice in motion I think. I've gone with an additional condition state, and given them different names compared to RE (which was Fine > Caution > Danger).
Image Image Image Image

A slight issue is that the first pass of the line thing seems to always have gaps (it was made with particles from Construct's particle object). Can't seem to figure out a good fix aside from doing a fade-in from black for the game. So I've left it as is for now.

Top Top

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 526 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18