Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 518 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next
    BizarreMonkey
  Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:41 pm
Riding High above the world, ascended and pure.

Competent Minion

Xilef wrote:
Being able to use MSI Afterburner on an RPG Maker game is pretty awesome.
This is the OpenGame.exe

Interesting! Maybe when I'm a little more computer literate I'll understand more than like three of those things! Still though, debug tools are debug tools.

Alright, seriously need feedback on this, there's more to add onto it, but I just need to know of it so far, text too fast? Not enough focus per character, lemme hear!

Also, just to note, Sven, Sped and Svoli have temporary home-made voices right now. It's likely I'll be able to do it in house, but if you're British and male, PM me and I'll letchu know what I'm sorta after. Also if your foreign sounding (as in, have an accent while being not natively born in an English country) and female, I also need you!
To voice that line and possibly more!

Okay, now that's out of the way, let's see what we got.

Top Top

ZenVirZan
  Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:13 pm
very undead
Sponsor

Inept Evil Stooge

BizarreMonkey wrote:
Xilef wrote:
Being able to use MSI Afterburner on an RPG Maker game is pretty awesome.
This is the OpenGame.exe

Interesting! Maybe when I'm a little more computer literate I'll understand more than like three of those things! Still though, debug tools are debug tools.

Alright, seriously need feedback on this, there's more to add onto it, but I just need to know of it so far, text too fast? Not enough focus per character, lemme hear!

Also, just to note, Sven, Sped and Svoli have temporary home-made voices right now. It's likely I'll be able to do it in house, but if you're British and male, PM me and I'll letchu know what I'm sorta after. Also if your foreign sounding (as in, have an accent while being not natively born in an English country) and female, I also need you!
To voice that line and possibly more!

Okay, now that's out of the way, let's see what we got.

Looks great. I couldn't help but feel that the KH2 theme (well, it pretty much is) as the bg is a little distracting + highlights how the corporation is borrowed from it. Perhaps because I was so attached to KH2, I'm not sure.

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:58 pm

Competent Minion

ZenVirZan wrote:
Looks great. I couldn't help but feel that the KH2 theme (well, it pretty much is) as the bg is a little distracting + highlights how the corporation is borrowed from it. Perhaps because I was so attached to KH2, I'm not sure.
Oh it's horribly blatant. In fact the trailer was inspired from the one of the Kingdom Hearts cinematics.

That said, it's hella subject to change, I like the way the characters are presented, but I could mix shit up music-ways.

There are some large differences between the Corporation and the Organization, however.

For the most part, Organization XIII's goals are malicious and self-serving, where as Corporation XVI is seeking to extend the otherwise cemented cycle of life to be infinite, and to merge all realities.

While Organization has a more of a blurred chromosome effect, Corporation XVI has television or monitor static, which makes sense since they are from another dimension, and static comes with them, as they are invaders.

Only one corporation Member is shown in that video, and it's Member XII: Impetuous Susurration (Reckless soft whisper or murmur if like most you have no idea what one of those words means.)

The Actual Corporation XVI is comprised of the CCC's contributing Members. There's a whole bunch of lore to each and every one of them but I'll do us a favor and spoiler that.

Member XII serves as the leader, despite not being the first or founding member. Member XVI: Forlorn Coronation is the founder.

They are all loosely based on the persona's of my 15 employees.
Content Hidden

Last edited by BizarreMonkey on Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top Top

ZenVirZan
  Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:32 pm
very undead
Sponsor

Inept Evil Stooge

BizarreMonkey wrote:
Oh it's horribly blatant. In fact the trailer was inspired from the one of the Kingdom Hearts cinematics.

That said, it's hella subject to change, I like the way the characters are presented, but I could mix shit up music-ways.
Oh, one other thing - I also think you should pick one font and roll with it; it'd make it seem far less scattered and tie it all together a bit better. Don't forget about bold and italics as well, especially for character names and their title.
I think the presentation and rest of the video, aside from the music (even if it did fit) are fine though, nice job.

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:48 pm

Competent Minion

ZenVirZan wrote:
BizarreMonkey wrote:

Oh, one other thing - I also think you should pick one font and roll with it; it'd make it seem far less scattered and tie it all together a bit better. Don't forget about bold and italics as well, especially for character names and their title.
I think the presentation and rest of the video, aside from the music (even if it did fit) are fine though, nice job.
Originally I mixed up fonts because they were good at discerning characters, the unfortunate downside is that some of them are illegible, and since even the KH video which inspired this didn't changed font for the places, I'll not try to kid myself that I know better.

Because I don't.

Top Top

Xilef
  Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:06 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy

BizarreMonkey wrote:
Originally I mixed up fonts because they were good at discerning characters, the unfortunate downside is that some of them are illegible, and since even the KH video which inspired this didn't changed font for the places, I'll not try to kid myself that I know better.

Because I don't.

You're on the right track, though. Mixing up fonts can work in some situations, but when used frequently it gets disjointed and makes reading dialogue more difficult than easier.

Changing fonts is good for different races, or for characters with different dialect and accents. Earthbound had the Mr. Saturn font and that worked well.

EDIT: It's like how with Japanese writing you can change the dialect in the text and that can communicate the locale that the speaker is from, you can even convey a foreigner speaking without losing the meaning at all (much harder in English) and they can even change writing sets to date the speaker/writing source.

English you can't do that as well, we have words like "thou" and "shoppe" for adding a date to the dialogue and we can do fractured English for foreigners, but it is easy to lose meaning entirely doing that and it can make reading a chore if it is used too much.

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:37 pm

Competent Minion

I've used readily legible fonts, one for the member XII intro, one for hero intros and one for villain intros.

There'll be more I add on, for now the color is more than enough to differentiate between characters.

Good news, I've gotten a couple VA volunteers, one for a British dude and one for Svoli.

Now just to sound someone who can sound somewhat like this.

That's how I imagine Warth'Og sounding.

Top Top

Injury
  Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:25 pm
Ṱ̻̘o҉̸̴̮̬͉o̹̬̰ M̠͍͍͡a̧̺ǹ͍̝y̢̞̮̯ C̳͚͇̻̬͝o̴̡̲̼͕ͅo̶̢̧̠̫̹̳̬̣̭k̶̻̫̯s̴̰͖̭̟̱̯̀͜

Generic Townsperson
You just need to layer it.

Two layers of pitch modulation. One layer, the lowest, need to be EQd so that that mids and highs are pretty much gone. It will provide the bassy portion of it. The other layer will be the clear portion of the VO.

Other than that, stretching out the recorded VO might give it that slow,bassy drawn out sound.

Oh and drink orange juice and get the voice all flemmy

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:33 pm

Competent Minion

Oh it's layered. Shieeet. Gonna have to get one of my sound techies to do that. I'm about as close to understanding sound mixing as I am to the Andromeda galaxy.

Alright, I'll ask Apoc to do the original files, since he has a really deep gravelly voice.

I'm going to use a voice modifying application to see if I can get something close to what I want.

That can wait until tomorrow though, I don't have any orange juice. One of my employees said he'll try, he's had remixing experience, so we'll see!

Also VA spots for the moment are all filled, still feel free to PM me though, after all ZenZirVan did that and he's the voice of Naxon now as I liked his voice better than the originals.

I've changed the music to music from the game.

The Sped I'm sort of hoping for is a more British sounding Khadgar.

But we'll see what happens!

Here's my sorry and feeble effort at Warth'og.
God damn it tindeck. Fucking cutting out the softer parts.

I'll upload an update of the trailer later.

Top Top

ZenVirZan
  Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:58 am
very undead
Sponsor

Inept Evil Stooge

I did this really quick. If its in the direction you want, I could probably practice it and improve.

Rips my throat apart, thats for sure.

I tried doing the raspy sound as well but I didn't really work any easy way to do it out than layer over afterwards manually which is kinda tedious. It would be worth it if there's not too many lines though. Realistically I should have incorporated that into it as well as a demo but I didn't spend enough time on the project to align that kind of thing.

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:38 am

Competent Minion

ZenVirZan wrote:
I did this really quick. If its in the direction you want, I could probably practice it and improve.
That's a really good start! I kinda like your interpretation more because it's quite different! I don't particularly want exactly like Mannoroth, and something similarly sadistic and deeply foreboding works!

The line you'd do if you were interested is "Bah... hold still so I can CRUSH you, byehehehe... make you-- SQUEAL!!! BAHAHAHAHA HAA!". Reference material above thanks to tindeck. :0
ZenVirZan wrote:
Rips my throat apart, thats for sure.
Warned you bro! There's no rush so take at least a days break to restore your throats condition.
ZenVirZan wrote:
I tried doing the raspy sound as well but I didn't really work any easy way to do it out than layer over afterwards manually which is kinda tedious. It would be worth it if there's not too many lines though. Realistically I should have incorporated that into it as well as a demo but I didn't spend enough time on the project to align that kind of thing.
Lol it's okay, I know how I can do that all now. Wavepad isn't quite enough, I have to do some layer trickery in Vegas as well. I don't think Mannoroth's Voice is something possibly achievable by man alone.

Also here's a cutscene I began working on back in February or April or something but decided to finish yesterday.

Also some small but awesome updates to my company blog which I wager none of you even knew I had.

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:47 pm

Competent Minion

My composer just finished "The Archon's Call", which is a track to sync with Picture Scene 10: P for Perseverance.

Voice of Naxon also got an upgrade. ZenVirZan has the credit on that one.

So outside of possible subtitles, this scene is now complete.

Top Top

Sated
  Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:20 pm
puking up frothing vitriolic sarcastic spittle

Generic Townsperson

Image Image

I've been doing some bug-testing and I forgot how much I liked some of the areas in the second level of Sore Losers: Riot Grrrl.

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:36 pm

Competent Minion

Your environments do look really cool Sated, definitely gonna have to try out yours games that I have downloaded at some point.

Here's the new Esperia VA, or, the Esperia voice acting at all!

Top Top

Sated
  Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:15 am

Generic Townsperson

I've been derping around with the RTP for a game that's in the very tentative planning stage. I probably need to mess with the tinting on the rocks a bit but that's just a case of throwing it through Paint.NET or whatever:

Content Hidden

In-game it is darker because, y'know, it's a cave:

Content Hidden

The character sprite is also original, based on the template from these cuties. There are a few different versions and I'm not sure which I would use for the character in question yet (this is a very young game idea anyway!), but I think prefer the darker ones:

Content Hidden

My Twitter is here: @Sated86

Top Top

Nathaniel3W
  Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:41 pm

Inept Evil Stooge

New combat screenshots. Lighting was built in preview mode, and I can see a few mistakes that I need to change. (Lightning particle at angle to camera, not coming straight down; some sprite layering issues.) But I think things are moving along.

Content Hidden

Content Hidden

Content Hidden

http://himekosutori.com/?p=341

Top Top

PandoraShock
  Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:11 am
Programmer!

Sewer Rat

WIP Game I'm making. No title yet. Female protagonists are cool though :P

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:55 am

Competent Minion

Good stuff, guys! Here's what I recently was working on. Props to Kate for the VA.

Also thanks to Dominora for composing two tracks which are used.

That third phase is incredibly difficult.

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:00 pm

Competent Minion

Very work in progress at the moment, don't even have the renewed title or anything, but hear ye hear ye!

A trailer. An in dev one.

Would appreciate any feedback. Cheers!

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:44 am

Competent Minion

At last! Esperia's final battle is more or less complete.

And it is super fun!

Top Top

Bluxxon
  Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:34 pm

Sewer Rat
working on face portraits

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:54 am

Competent Minion

If anyone can SBaHJ'ify a game it'd be you Bluxxon.

Here's me again with my overly tryhard cinematics n' shit.

Voice acting by ZenvirZan in that one, defining Naxon as best as anyone can!

And ZenVirZan also has lines in the Up to date Full Clearance trailer.

Was good to finally get a VA for Esperia.

Top Top

Sated
  Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:15 pm

Generic Townsperson

Mapping is fun and relaxing. It's a shame that I don't have any to do in my actual project.

Top Top

Amy
  Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:41 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
Looking good! Makes me want to play a 2k/3 RTP game now, it's been so long. I think the first RM game I ever played was 2k3 RTP, before I even knew what RPG Maker was.

Top Top

PandoraShock
  Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:37 am
Programmer!

Sewer Rat

One of the fire particle effects:

A few update shots from the still unnamed dungeon crawler :) made 100% in RPG Maker XP :)

Top Top

Sated
  Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:25 pm

Generic Townsperson

Princess Amy wrote:
Looking good! Makes me want to play a 2k/3 RTP game now, it's been so long. I think the first RM game I ever played was 2k3 RTP, before I even knew what RPG Maker was.

The RM2K/3 RTPs are easily the best in the series. The RMXP one was okay, but the charsets looked kinda stiff, and the less said about RMVX's RTP the better!

My RTP maps aren't really for a project, though. Just doing them for fun. I find mapping kinda relaxing for whatever reason.

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:11 pm

Competent Minion

@Pandora: Might be the gif but that mouse looks really laggy.

Here's a mock up of what Perseverance: Full Clearance may look like when it's ported to MV.

And here's a sweet and simple project I'm making as homework for my game design class.
More Screenshots in the link below.
http://imgur.com/a/a6ToF

Top Top

Amy
  Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:56 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
Nice. I like the look and style of Boned.

Top Top

PandoraShock
  Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:06 pm
Programmer!

Sewer Rat

@Sated : it is the gif :( I need to just stop being lazy and record it, because it is so smooth its beautiful, puts default RMXP to shame lol!

Both are large images!

Working on Full Screen, just have to get my viewport to expand the the size of the screen ^-^
Content Hidden

EDIT: 10/11/2015 (12:23 AM EST) Image of game graphics scaled to correct resolution ratio
Content Hidden

Top Top

arev
  Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:51 pm
The Replicator Block
Sponsor

So, I made a model of a ghost.
I'm thinking on calling it "Crazy Sheet".

Top Top

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 518 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next