Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 526 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
    BizarreMonkey
  Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:06 am
Riding High above the world, ascended and pure.

Competent Minion

Teeheehee
ImageImage
This game is getting amazing.

Image Image Image

Last edited by BizarreMonkey on Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:27 am

Competent Minion

Oh right, guess I forgot to mention the demo for P:A is out.

I'm not gonna bother making a thread for it, because fuck making a thread. You can find it on Gamejolt.

Top Top

Xilef
  Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:23 am
Staff

Big Dumb Guy

Screwing around with old projects. GTX 980 + i7@4.2GHz starts to slow down at 1000 cubes, so there's a definite bottleneck in my old GL work. What an embarrassment! Wish I had the time/patience/motivation to tidy it up.

Top Top

Jason
  Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:01 am
Awesome Bro

Generic Townsperson
But when would you ever want to show 1000 cubes onscreen in an RPG Maker game anyway?

Top Top

Xilef
  Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:11 am
Staff

Big Dumb Guy

Jason wrote:
But when would you ever want to show 1000 cubes onscreen in an RPG Maker game anyway?

Well if we were to convert the map system to use OpenGL we'd need a few planes for the ground and a load of planes for each layer and a load more for events. We could even use cubes for the other layers. Could do a full Minecraft style world built in RPG Maker.

A cube is just a single vertex buffer objects, basically the performance drops at 1000 VBOs on a high performance machine, that's actually terrible as it's all the same VBO so it should be able to go 100 times that before a frame rate starts to drop. Most 3D games go over 1000 VBOs easily in a single scene.

I do expect if I were to write it properly it would be possible to get a full performing 3D renderer in RPG Maker with almost no overhead. But again, no motivation/time/etc because pretty much no-one wants it! I started this for research at work and that's already been completed.

Top Top

regi
  Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:12 am
raptor king
Sponsor

Hey guys! I'm still alive and hacking away. Just recently put together a platformer for a game design class if you're looking for something a little different!

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:25 pm

Competent Minion

Looking cool Regi, I'll try it out sometime!
I got Bored of doing nothing so even though it won't be used in a game I did a something.

God I love working in picture-evented planetary cutscenes.

Top Top

StrawberrySmiles
  Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:46 am
Sponsor

Generic Townsperson

That is so cool Regi! :D

I had this silly idea for a title screen when thinking of a game I'm making for month-long jam. So here it is:

It is mostly to my vision, but now that I look at it, having the quill further away with little dots connecting from it to the word would be kind of cool. Like a real table of contents.

I'm not sure how I would do that, though. o.o

Top Top

Juan J. Sánchez
  Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:29 am
I'm a doctor in Costa Rica.
Sponsor

Party Mascot

Some trees for my game in early development stages. The tree is a visual representation of how well you're doing in the game. Once it starts making fruit, it can drop new seeds to make new trees. If you stop playing, the trees whither and die.

Top Top

StrawberrySmiles
  Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:22 pm
Sponsor

Generic Townsperson

So cool looking, Juan!

Here's another screen from the month-long project I've been working on for another forum:

I don't like the words "Score" and "Ranking" right now. ;_; This little screen took me forever; especially since I'm no coder. First I tried a picture, but eventually used an advanced message system. D:

Top Top

Ellie
  Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:28 pm
Staff

Omnipresent Merchant
That's really pretty.

Juan, is that for brain zap?

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:20 am

Competent Minion

@Melanii: That's super cute! Not sure if there's a more cutesy alternative for vocab_score, maybe points?

Ranking, well there's a few, personally I recommend Pow or Style or some such but it depends on the game.

Here is a slathering of videos for you fellas.

First is the preview of Intelligence: 314th Clash, which will at last wrap up the game.

Second is a preview of a mini-campaign coming in the next build of Menagerie: Remastered.

Some fellas say this fight is hard, so I did my best to help out.

This is definitely the best, The second year Anniversary video for the Crazy Chimp Collective, forgot to show it here, woops!

Finally, a very silly video that foreshadows absolutely nothing.

Welll, enjoy those!

Now Prepare! For the month that follows will yield a lot of dev, and as such, a lot more videos.

Top Top

Ellie
  Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:12 am
Staff

Omnipresent Merchant
STOP MAKING THINGS WHY ARE YOU SO PRODUCTIVE

;-;

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Fri May 01, 2015 10:20 pm

Competent Minion

Princess Amy wrote:
STOP MAKING THINGS

No. :D

Princess Amy wrote:
WHY ARE YOU SO PRODUCTIVE
;-;
Actually I've done very little since 3/14, there was just a build up that I had neglected to show, purely and simply because I forgot. :O

That said, productivity is blasting through the roof today, for the bells have tolled for cometh of dev. If you want more on that, I briefly go into what crazy shenanigans I am up to here.

Here's a sample of what I've been working on, just as a url because it's big, the screen shot to follow will show it in action.
http://i.imgur.com/2gVkJ38.png
http://i.imgur.com/d7oKKre.png

Screenshots.
ImageImage
ImageImage
The windowskin will likely by changed in the future so the portraits show behind.

Top Top

Bluxxon
  Fri May 01, 2015 11:37 pm

Sewer Rat
MY COMPUTER BROKE DOWN!!!!

so here aer some screenshots of old unfinished games I have on my old computer

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Sat May 02, 2015 10:01 pm

Competent Minion

Lol Blux your games always seem so trippy, but in a way that makes me want to see whats up.

More faces, this time Nolas 24 are done, wooo! :D
http://i.imgur.com/5tCJ4sf.png
http://i.imgur.com/txjj8Oz.png
http://i.imgur.com/uJfJssg.png
Not embedding them because page space, here's some images of them in action.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Squee! She's so adorable, now!

Top Top

Juan J. Sánchez
  Tue May 05, 2015 6:49 pm
Sponsor

Party Mascot

Amy, the trees are for Brain Zap. I was planning like a floating island thing. Here's a more recent version.

Content Hidden

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Tue May 05, 2015 9:39 pm

Competent Minion

I decided to make light effects.

Also just a couple more screens.

And one from Intelligence: 314th Clash!

Top Top

Ace of Spades
  Tue May 12, 2015 2:43 am

Party Mascot
Just a couple quick screens from Odyssey.

The fairy will give you helpful hints about environmental puzzles and other things. The player is still able to move around while the fairy is talking to you, keeping the player in control the whole time. It's hard to capture in a screenshot, but after many revisions, I'm proud of how this turned out.

Newer additions include the magic compass, which helps point the player in the direction of their next major objective. Credit for the script goes to Heretic, check it out here: Heretic's Magic Compass Script [XP] The player has the option to turn this on and off, to cater to players who like to spend time to explore, and for those who prefer a more stream-lined experience.

The blue plants are a Deku Baba kind of enemy who sprout from the ground when you get close, and appears in earlier areas of the game. Credit to AAB for the sprites, which may be subject to change.

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Tue May 12, 2015 6:04 am

Competent Minion

Those maps are gorgeous, just a shame the tileset is so thoroughly unappealing, it makes everything look so dry and barren, rather than lush and cozy.

Well anyway, here's what I been working all on.

Quick selects for weapons and powerups, hell yes! Since this videos creation I've also made helpful tooltips for each.

Top Top

Juan J. Sánchez
  Wed May 13, 2015 1:32 am
Sponsor

Party Mascot

@Ace of Spades
Amazing screens. I can't wait until the final release.

I have some new screens myself. These are from the Performance tab in the game's menu.

Top Top

Zankoku no Yami
  Thu May 14, 2015 11:34 pm
Boom, bang, POW!

Ace of Spades wrote:
Just a couple quick screens from Odyssey.

The fairy will give you helpful hints about environmental puzzles and other things. The player is still able to move around while the fairy is talking to you, keeping the player in control the whole time. It's hard to capture in a screenshot, but after many revisions, I'm proud of how this turned out.

Newer additions include the magic compass, which helps point the player in the direction of their next major objective. Credit for the script goes to Heretic, check it out here: Heretic's Magic Compass Script [XP] The player has the option to turn this on and off, to cater to players who like to spend time to explore, and for those who prefer a more stream-lined experience.

The blue plants are a Deku Baba kind of enemy who sprout from the ground when you get close, and appears in earlier areas of the game. Credit to AAB for the sprites, which may be subject to change.

This is why I wish I had you on my team, haha. Your maps are always so amazing looking!

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Sun May 17, 2015 5:54 pm

Competent Minion

Recently, as in so recently it couldn't be longer ago than yesterday, I got an email from Desura saying Perseverance: Adherence is chosen to be Alpha-funded, and is one of very few games on Desura to achieve this. Not sure whether it's because of my recent success with Menagerie: Remastered or purely because the game does look really fucking awesome, but I've looked into the legal parts of the contract and it seems I can still easily give the game out for free which is the only thing I was worried about.

To that end, there is now pressure on me (which let's face it, i need!) to get this game ready for release before then! I love working on this game, so here's a brief showing of recent work, and without further delay I'll be getting back on the dev train.
Faceset for Svoli: http://i.imgur.com/lnZh1Kv.png

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Fri May 22, 2015 10:46 pm

Competent Minion

I'm off until June, gotta disconnect my internet so I can get to work.

Here's a really cool song my composer did recently.

Image Image Image

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:39 pm

Competent Minion

Bumpin time!

First, here's an excellent track by Jake "MoneyMenace" Gamelin, the composer for both P:A and the heralded Menagerie: Remastered, which recieved a very positive score on it's soundtrack.

The new save system is in! Obelisks are cool, to boot, autosaving now occurs one line of dialogue before a boss fight, meaning no more dawdling through a cutscene more than once.

And a new windowskin.
Still some work to be done on it, but that's it in it's current iteration.

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:02 pm

Competent Minion

Got a bunch of work done.

Top Top

ZenVirZan
  Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:21 am
very undead
Sponsor

Comic Relief

BizarreMonkey wrote:
Still some work to be done on it, but that's it in it's current iteration.
Damn that portrait is lookin' good. I think you should tone down the jaggies on the windowskin a bit, and reduce the number and increase the size of the black squiggles in the background.

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:29 am

Competent Minion

ZenVirZan wrote:
Damn that portrait is lookin' good.
Thanks! It's by no mean the final version, but that art will be used in places through out the game.

ZenVirZan wrote:
I think you should tone down the jaggies on the windowskin a bit
I'll see what i can do about that.
ZenVirZan wrote:
and reduce the number and increase the size of the black squiggles in the background.
Lol it's a noise filter, the platform is concrete. Using the filter was in the interest of giving it some grain. Maybe I could make it a bit lighter?

Also, some BIG UPDATES and Announcements for P:A
-Game will likely be released on the 19th of July.
-Portraits are in the process of being all done in the same style, I'll provide updates on this when possible.
-The initial release will not feature hand-drawn maps beyond Act 1 and Stage 1 of Act 2, they take too much time and I have more important things to focus on.
-Thanks to the decision above; progress has been coming along nicely.
-THE OST IS COMPLETE!

Also, new progress video. Just a funny scene in Act 2 Stage 3.

Image Image Image

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:44 pm

Competent Minion

Act 2 complete.

Top Top

Juan J. Sánchez
  Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:28 pm
Sponsor

Party Mascot

I decided my previous style for the menu was all over the place and too dark, so I decided to come up with a new design more befitting for the light and joyful environment of the game. :grin:

Thoughts?

Top Top

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 526 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next