Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

Ricoman
  Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:19 am
3D ambassador to RMXP

hey guys, I have some 3D work I've been doing for the past few weeks, just got finished with today. I was hoping to get some feedback on it if you would, please :thumb:

http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x259/Ricoman2000/3D%20renderings/

here are some samples if you don't want to check out the Photobucket pic album that has the rest of my renderings:

Let me know what you think, k? Any input would be appreciated...

P.S. - I know the door is screwed up, but I am making a replacement for it already ;)

Top Top

Jason
  Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:26 am
Awesome Bro

Generic Townsperson
I like the style you've gone for, looks pretty cool, although I think you might have to find a better texture for the chimney breast, something looks extremely odd about it. I also would like to know whats going on with the pictureframe, I really don't understand what it's meant to be doing, also, in the last picture of this thread, is that some sort of lighting issue up on the wall, it seems like there's a lightsourse there for no reason o.O

Top Top

Ricoman
  Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:31 am
3D ambassador to RMXP

Jbrist wrote:
I like the style you've gone for, looks pretty cool, although I think you might have to find a better texture for the chimney breast, something looks extremely odd about it.

yeah it's supposed to be a blue-grey shale, but it doesn't show up so good in the distance shots. If you go to the Photobucket album in the link you'll see a close-up detail shot of it that will show what I was after much better :thumb:

Jbrist wrote:
I also would like to know whats going on with the pictureframe, I really don't understand what it's meant to be doing,

It was supposed to be a tryst with the modern/abstract in a frame...I guess it didn't turn out so good, huh? :tongue:

Jbrist wrote:
also, in the last picture of this thread, is that some sort of lighting issue up on the wall, it seems like there's a lightsourse there for no reason o.O

that was a lightsource for another render, I just forgot to remove it. Whups! :smoke:

Top Top

trebor777
  Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:56 pm

I think to work a bit on the lighting so it's has a bit more atmosphere to your scene, even if it's just for architectural purpose, you should still got some feeling out of it.

For now it looks way too clean, and the attention you put into it is a bit heterogeneous, I mean by that some stuff is great with a lot of effort put into it, and some other stuff lack some obvious details.

Like the fireplace, the wood looks way to clean, need some sparks and broken bits, some ashes and dust below as well. the corner of the chemney are way to sharp, and don't fit with the old stone material you've put, the texture gets cut right in the middle of a stone... that's sort of stuff kills the good work.

Add some ambient occlusion as well, that'll help as well for the mood, and dirt side of things.

random overall comment of the thread, it's funny that on a game creation forum, the only 3D stuff I've seen( I must admit I visit this place quite rarely) in this topic is only architectural with photo-realism...Anyone did something more game related ?

Top Top