Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1349 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 45  Next
    Ellie
  Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:34 pm
Staff

Omnipresent Merchant
What was the last film you saw?

Did you like it?

Last film I saw was Juno. It was watchable, but I wouldn't say I enjoyed it to be honest. It was kinda slow and boring, and the ending was really predictable.

Last film I saw at the cinema was Star Trek, which I'd already seen twice before, and frankly it is the best film in the series so far (much better than Nemesis) and is really worth watching even if you're not a trekkie. (I never considered myself one but considering I've seen every episode except for Enterprise I guess I'm wrong :~) Anyway yeah, I would definately recommend seeing it even if it does mean forking up cash for the pictures or pirating it. Though I also watched a pirate copy and it wasn't the same as on the big screen... it was a bad copy though.

Top Top

Jason
  Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:37 pm
Awesome Bro

Generic Townsperson
I went to see Transformers 2 yesterday, for everyone who hasn't seen it, it's immense...

The film is 150 minutes long, about 120 is giant robots fighting (Figures), the other is Megan Fox...

Lol.

Top Top

Ellie
  Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:54 pm
Staff

Omnipresent Merchant
Is it worth watching? (As well as the first one?) I haven't seen either and am pretty much shunned from society for that :x

Top Top

Jason
  Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:15 pm
Awesome Bro

Generic Townsperson
Well the first one was pretty fucking amazing, the second one, is like 100x better than the first, with more action than you could ever wish for, the fight scenes are just brilliant, but the only problem I have with both movies, is that Shia LaBeouf is the main character, someone needs to kill him and his owl eyebrows.

But yeah, definately worth watching them both, however, I'd recommend watching the first before you go and see the second, since it's pretty obviously a follow on, lol.

Top Top

Toams
  Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:55 pm
THAT foreigner
Sponsor

Last movie I saw was Saw. (no kiddin jk ghgeh)

anyway, I saw Angels and Demons this morning.. thought it was pretty mediocre. I liked the first movie though, the only things I like about this are the badass special effects.

Last I saw at the cinema was Dragonball.... .. .
that was rather entertaining, in it's own way. I spent what, how short is that movie? -anyway, the whole movie laughing. Not only at the fucked up things that were good in dragonball, but also at the camerawork, and script. Shit there were some shots in there that were really unneccesary, and didn't add anything to the movie.

but let's not talk about dragonball

Top Top

Venetia
  Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:05 pm
venerable inertia
Staff

last movie i saw in theatres was star trek
it was pretty good but imo not quite as good as i heard from everyone else
i do actually like that they are trying to take the thing in a new direction though
but even though it was necessary to the plot and to the fanservice i felt like they could have left leonard nemoy out of it
dont get me wrong he's cool as hell
just the way they wrote him in felt like it killed something that took me out of the setting.

Top Top

Ellie
  Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:13 pm
Staff

Omnipresent Merchant
All of the origional actors had some part to play in the production, idk why Nemoy was special though. He's a great actor but yeah... I do think Quinto is the right guy to continue the role though.

Old-Scotty's son is standing next to Simon Pegg in one of the scenes apparently.

Edit: Except Shatner, because the rest of the cast hate him and his toupe.

Top Top

Mundane
  Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:28 pm
Kind of back...

The Hangover. Haha. Great movie.

Top Top

dylanf3
  Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:34 pm
That asshole =D

Same =D
Before that it was Terminator Salvation, Great movie too

Top Top

DoctorChaos
  Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:28 pm
Maybe I can eat it...

Ice age3 :tongue:

Take a look at this amazing logo NoNick has maked
Content Hidden

Content Hidden

Top Top

vgvgf
  Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:28 pm

Crank 2 High Voltage, excelente movie, if you wanna laugh see it. Also, the last film I saw before Crank 2 was actualy Crank, which is better than the second one, and totaly recommended.

Top Top

Aepriz
  Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:03 pm
What a surprise!

Brüno, Drty humor, but pretty fun. If you like satires its a must see movie :D (i thijnk its better then borat)

Top Top

Velocir_X
  Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:13 pm
You are a whore...
Find yourself in Jbristianity!
(totally ripped off Scientology)

jbrist wrote:
I went to see Transformers 2 yesterday, for everyone who hasn't seen it, it's immense...

The film is 150 minutes long, about 120 is giant robots fighting (Figures), the other is Megan Fox...

Lol.

lol that's the last movie I saw, and yeah it was 100x more epic then the first.
I don't think its for people like Wyatt though.
The first one would be alright...
but in the second one things move so fast Wyatt would get his balls all tied up in a knot.

Top Top

dylanf3
  Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:37 pm
That asshole =D

the night from tuesday on wensday, i saw Harry Potter part 6. it still was 16 'o clock at your times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the only thing i cant do yet are custom battle systems

Top Top

Gray
  Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:22 pm

I just saw... uh... Codename: The Cleaner. It's a funny movie, I recomend you buy/download the DVD.

Top Top

$t3v0
  Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:33 pm
Britfafafafa
Awesome Bro

Last movie i actually watched at the cinema was i think .............. Stardust (yes, that long ago!). But the last movie i saw in general was "The Uninvited". Has one of the best endings i've seen in a good while. Recommended from me!

Top Top

Love
  Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:20 pm
Eagle Vision's biggest fan girl eva. =D

Yesterday, I watched a romance movie called A lot like love. It is a 2005 movie but I loved it nevertheless. It was kinda gross at some parts but I loved how cute it was at the end. :cute:

Top Top

Mega Flare
  Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:58 pm
What is your weapon of choice,
What's your weapon of choice
There is no weapon to free us all
Awesome Bro

saving private ryan

Top Top

Ellie
  Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:35 pm
Staff

Omnipresent Merchant
Clue (Tim Curry); and yes, very, very good.

Top Top

Venetia
  Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:05 pm
venerable inertia
Staff

Oh man thats one of my favorite movies :3
But anything with Tim Curry qual's for that.

But recently (besides awesomely terrible MST3K films) I saw Adaptation.

It stars Nicolas Cage, he's playing the writer who wrote Being John Malkovich. He wants to write a screenplay adaptation for a book about Orchid thieves, but he can't find the right creative outlet. He also plays his own twin brother, who writes terrible hollywood garbage and banks off it hugely. It has a pretty brilliant ending if you read between the lines. Anyway, it's very amusing, in the dark, strange Being John Malkovich fashion.

I didn't like it quite as much as BJM as it didn't have the same surreal fantasy aspects, but I was pleasantly surprised to see Cage in something I didn't hate him in. He actually did a really good job :0

Top Top

Venetia
  Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:25 pm
venerable inertia
Staff

last night watched schindler's list again. love that movie ;0;

Top Top

Spoo
  Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:58 pm
Certified Bad Pun Aficionado
Sponsor

Party Mascot
I finally watched Knowing the other day. It was a bit too scientology-based for me.

Top Top

Mundane
  Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:56 pm
Kind of back...

The Miracle at St.Anna. It's was actually pretty good. Action, drama, and nice ending.

Top Top

candle
  Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:37 pm
gamer. reader. writer.
Sponsor

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Definitely the best and darkest so far.

Top Top

Chalupa
  Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:46 pm
"Et tu, Brute?"

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Great, best in the series so far...

It sucks that The Deathly Hollows is going to be split into 2 parts, released a year apart.

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:48 am
Sponsor

Mysterious Wizard
The last movie I saw was The Watchmen when it was still in theaters. I skipped my "jesus and his teaching class" to go watch it. :devil: hehehe.

I'm going to have to rent all the movies that have come out since then.

Top Top

tgman
  Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:38 pm

i watched a film called the hitcher its a great thriller

Top Top

winthelottery
  Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:28 pm

Last movie i saw was Spider Man 3. It is a great movie.

Top Top

Gray
  Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:33 pm

I saw Batman The Dark Knight last night.

T'was good.

Top Top

blakependragon
  Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:45 pm

went to the drive-in last night and saw Ice Age 3 and Transformers 2.
One was awesome and the other was one of the worst movies i've seen in a while.
Ice age3 wasn't as good as i thought it would be but still good. It seemed anti-clamatic to me, and a little lost in some areas. I rated it a B over at yahoo.

*warning: wall-o-text*
Now the other one, i felt so robbed of my time i actually went to yahoo movies and posted a review, which i never do. It was like the director (bay) knew what movies were supposed to have in them, but failed to grasp the concept. Plus, it was filled with bad language (a lot provided by the autobot twins), and stupid crude humor. If you're a hormone crazed boy who sees it to stare at the female cuties, and love watching cgi action in which you can't tell what's happening but lots of stuff blows up, then you'll love the movie.
It was 2 1/2 hours of torture. And since most of us here make games i think we consider ourselves writers and story-tellers. It had at least 1 hour of pointless crap, either through the humor of things humping things, or the new college kid who's job in the movie was to be scared and scream a lot.

It kept building up with things getting worse, then action, kablooeee, then somehow humans get away even though autobots magicaly aren't around. then more 'end of the world' stuff builds up, then action, then kablang! then humans runnning in slow mo, ok this repeated itself for a while. it had i don't know how many parts rising to the climax, which they finaly reached and the last battle wasn't too bad, but by that point i'm wishing it would end and can't take their fake 'end of the world moments' seriously, especially since they didn't set-up characters for anyone but the 2 annoying autobots and the stupid kid.
in conclusion, half the movie was mindless, screeching action where you couldn't tell what was happening, and the other half was following the humans around as they did stupid things and day to day life which had nothing to do with the plot. Next time, put autobots in the transformers movie and give humans a 25% role.

Top Top

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1349 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 45  Next