Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

HOME FORUMS DISCORD GAMES RPG MAKER SEARCH

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 430 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 15  Next
    LiquidMetal91
  Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:48 am
Sponsor

L1 Slime

Read Medaka Box (and considering watching it, 2x 14 ep).
Its a Shounen Battle Manga at a Highschool. Pretty much sums it up. Though nearing the 100 - 120 chp its taking a piss at itself, referring to "this isn't a manga" and "what if this world was a manga" etc. And at the end it has a small twist of Romance Manga.
Nice overall, but still a 7/10

Top Top

Byron
  Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:00 pm
Was a Potion
Sponsor

Generic Townsperson

AW SHIIIT
Gaiz, Psycho Pass season 2!
October!

Oh also SAO season 2 is being made.
I hope it's better than the shit season 1 ended being!

Top Top

Spoo
  Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:39 pm
Certified Bad Pun Aficionado
Sponsor

Party Mascot
What? I thought everything with ALFheim was supposed to be season two.

They're going on to GGO or what?

SMITE | PATH OF EXILE | BATTLEBLOCK

Top Top

Byron
  Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:50 pm
Was a Potion
Sponsor

Generic Townsperson

I have no idea.
ALFheim shouldn't have happened imo.
But yeah, since there wasn't a huge break between so I guess it doesn't count.
Honestly, I was sooo into SAO when it started, I freaking loved it...
But then
Content Hidden

Top Top

Spoo
  Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:06 pm
Sponsor

Party Mascot
Yup. Looks like they're headed for GGO. Personally, I'm okay with that; it's a lot more interesting than the whole ALFheim plot IMHO.

You might enjoy the manga Sword Art Online: Progressive. It's more or less a comic adaptation of the novels, but rather than time skipping several months at a time, it seems to be following the characters on a floor-by-floor basis. Translation of the thing is painfully slow, but it's certainly worth a read if you enjoy the first arc of the anime.

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:39 am
Sponsor

Mysterious Wizard
Just watched the season end of Log Horizon. Idk. I'm hooked for a second season. But I'm not really impressed with the how episodes have been panning out. Building up things that shouldn't be built up. Creating story arcs around characters making them look important; only for them to end up back stage for the rest of the show.
Log Horizon Spoilers

I'm glad to hear about Psycho-Pass. I stopped mid season and saved it for later because it felt like something I would enjoy on summer nights. Does that sound weird? I'd rather watch it on a warm night with breeze coming through the windows. Rather than be bundled up trying to stay warm during the winter when everything is bleak and dead outside.

Top Top

Byron
  Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:46 pm
Was a Potion
Sponsor

Generic Townsperson

FDUCK IT
I'M GOING TO REWATCH SOME ERGO PROXY
I LOVED IT SO MUCH! AHHHG

Top Top

Byron
  Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:04 pm
Was a Potion
Sponsor

Generic Townsperson

Oh sweet baby jesus I just finished Samurai Champloo.
Content Hidden

Now take a moment to see this fan art of Mugen made real.
Content Hidden

I also watched the Bayonetta anime last night.
It's not too bad, they did a good job with the animation and got the story across well, just not well enough I guess.
It's okay for an anime adaptation of the game I guess.

Top Top

Byron
  Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:58 am
Was a Potion
Sponsor

Generic Townsperson

Potion wrote:
Neon Genesis Evangelion...
It's quite cool so far. Although they need to stop using filler shots of random shit and actually advance the plot...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Plot.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
Can someone just explain to me what happened.

I watched the entire anime and The last Evangelion or whatever.
Now I know that there are 3 other movies currently out that are remakes of the anime but different or something...
Anyway. Yeah. What?

It was good, and fun, and confusing as fuck, and jesus Shinji, man the fuck up.

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Tue May 06, 2014 3:40 am
Sponsor

Mysterious Wizard
Caught up on the last few episodes of Psycho Pass.
Starting Rental Magica.

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Sun May 11, 2014 6:20 pm
Sponsor

Mysterious Wizard
Rental Magica had a weird pacing. The episodes almost always start in medias res before going back to so explain how it all started. This is how the series started; with the second episode taking place before the first. And the third took place before the second. The first 5 episodes are like this explaining the character origins. The main character is in a hospital one episode, but you don't see why he is there until the next episode. Really confusing.
Later you have two episode that happened at the same time so the first couple minutes are exactly the same before branching off to follow a different character. REALLY confusing, I thought I was watching the wrong episode.

You don't find out that one character is a ghost until the 4 episode. And She doesn't do anything ghostly until the 8th episode when suddenly she floating and passing through walls. It's not really explained how she can change clothes either.

I thought it was unnecessary to play the same childhood memory/flashback in every other episode. When a series has over 100 episodes, then a refresher now and then is nice, but not for 24 episode run. It's definitely wasted on the final episode.

Anime's sure love their hot spring episodes too. I like to imagine Japanese TV playing nothing but hot spring episodes at some point in the year the same way we have Halloween and Christmas episodes.

Top Top

Spoo
  Tue May 13, 2014 8:56 pm
Sponsor

Party Mascot
Going through Jormungand again with the English dub. So far, I rate it okay.

Waiting for the Toradora dub next month and hoping to god that it's good.

Top Top

Byron
  Wed May 28, 2014 1:40 am
Was a Potion
Sponsor

Generic Townsperson

I just finished Gundam Age. I rate it good.
Content Hidden

In conclusion, it's pretty great.
The second Gundam series I've watched, and it kept the quality and great story line!

It's not as good as Gundam 00, but I think that will be my all time favourite anyway!

Speaking of 00 I recently watched the movie, and I have to say it thoroughly confused me.

The fight scenes were top notch and the animation was so fluid, but I must admit the story lost me quite a bit.

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:10 am
Sponsor

Mysterious Wizard
Argevollen is the new mech anime this season. I've only seen the first episode. Always interesting to see how the main character conveniently finds his way into the pilot seat for these things.

I've been looking for another mecha series to watch. Haven't seen any since Aquarion: EVOL

I discovered Muv Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse the other day. But I only watched half of the first episode. Muv Luv is like, a hentai game/manga series pretty much. It's just girls in revealing suits only it's not see-through in the anime. It's something to do with fighting an alien invasion. But I couldn't take it seriously.

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:53 pm
Sponsor

Mysterious Wizard
Hey lets talk about that. I prefer mecha series that are about fighting aliens or beings from another dimension. The military/war stories bore me to death sometimes. And then there are those that have mechs but arn't really about the mechs.

Aquarion. Code geass. Candidate for Goddess a.k.a Pilot Candidate were good.
The Gundam series can get pretty boring at times.
Big O was good too but I'd put it in a different class of mecha. Like power rangers or voltron.
I guess the Zoid series counts as mecha too.
Eureka Seven. Escaflowne. FaFner.
Gosh, I guess I've watched more then I realized.

Top Top

ZenVirZan
  Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:55 pm
very undead
Sponsor

Comic Relief

Spoo wrote:
Waiting for the Toradora dub next month and hoping to god that it's good.
Goodluck finding an english VA that could do the RYYUUUUJJJJIIIII phrase justice :\

Top Top

Spoo
  Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:52 pm
Sponsor

Party Mascot
Toradora dub was okay-ish. As far as dubs go, it managed to not have anyone voiced by Greg Aryes, and that's really all I can ask for.

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:34 pm
Sponsor

Mysterious Wizard
So many new anime. It'll take me a while to catch up.

I think the new sailor moon looks like a drag queen. Crazy thick eye lashes. The hair looks like a wig, it doesn't fit her head. over-accessorized.
Content Hidden

Top Top

StrawberrySmiles
  Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:57 pm
Sponsor

Generic Townsperson

I like the new Sailor Moon!

Star and I have been trying out Eden of the East and Yamada's First Time.

So weird. Sometimes I wonder why I watch anime again.

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:13 pm
Sponsor

Mysterious Wizard
Akame ga Kill!
Akame ga Kill!
Akame ga Kill!

First episode. Oh yeah, I think I'm going to love this. I don't want to ruin it but towards the end its just... wow.

Top Top

Byron
  Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:55 pm
Was a Potion
Sponsor

Generic Townsperson

I've been watching a few recently.
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei is pretty damn sweet. It helps when you imagine it as a military university, rather than a school. It's got some pretty nice visuals!
I also began a bit of Ookami Kakushi. That's a strange but good series.
I showed my bro and his gf the first Bereserk movie as well as some Mirai Nikki. Those are both my favorite shows I think.

I also watched some Panty & Stocking With Garterbelt. It's a pretty awesome and light show with some pretty funny things like each time something dies.
Panty

Stocking

Oh and the Bayonetta anime is pretty cool although it (understandably) skips a lot/cuts corners.

Top Top

Jason
  Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:13 pm
Awesome Bro

Generic Townsperson
... You need help.

Top Top

Spoo
  Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:10 am
Sponsor

Party Mascot
Panty and Stocking sounds like a death trap for Jason.

I finished reading Ranma 1/2 after putting off the last 4 volumes for months. S'okay.

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:29 am
Sponsor

Mysterious Wizard
I was just thinking how Naruto shippuden is to Naruto what DBZ is to the original dragon ball.
Like in Dragon ball, and I guess the early part of DBZ, it was all learning new moves and secret techniques. And then they traded it all in for super speed and energy blasts and followed the same powered up villain formula in the tv show and movies.

The original Nartuo had amazing fight scenes. I still go on youtube to watch certain fights. IMO, shippuden didn't have any memorable fights except for Hinata Vs Pain and that was mostly due to her confession. Although I haven't watch the last 100 episodes or so; maybe something decent has happened in that time if it's not all flashbacks and filler arcs.

Top Top

Spoo
  Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:42 am
Sponsor

Party Mascot
I finally finished Gurren Lagann. I'm gonna rate it overhyped.

I started watching a series called Hamatora a while back but left it hanging because of other stuff. It's interesting and stylish and when shit goes down it gets real.

Top Top

Byron
  Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:17 pm
Was a Potion
Sponsor

Generic Townsperson

Mahouka Koukou No Rettousei has this habit of curving it's arcs. It'll start out meh. Pick up a bit before settling down then getting really awesome, then it'll start a new arc. but it's fine. It's a nice series.

Argevollen is getting pretty good! I didn't like the design of the mech at first, but it's actually nice! Pretty different!

Zankyou No Terror. I'm really enjoying it! I don't quite understand the main characters intentions, but I'd have to liken this to something like death note. It's pretty awesome!

Top Top

Byron
  Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:32 pm
Was a Potion
Sponsor

Generic Townsperson

I gave Shit Ass Ovaries II a chance and actually I'm pleasantly surprised!
Kirito is still a Mary Sue, but that's just the trend with most animes these days! Like they try to make him a monster but then they're like LOL NO HE'S OUR PRECIOUS!
The animation is AWESOME though!

Also, just to show you all how insane Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei is, have a gif:

The Arc Curves are a bit off putting but right now it's at a peak again! It'll resolve soon, and then begin it's shitty resolution, before starting a new arc with a shitty buildup before getting super awesome again! :P

Top Top

Spoo
  Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:07 pm
Sponsor

Party Mascot
SAO2 is pretty alright IMHO. Compared to ALFheim, most definitely so. I never really liked Kirito as a character to begin with, so that's nothing new. The Death Gun plot interests me, though. I'm legit curious as to how the bad guys are doing what they're doing.

Also watching Akame ga Kill, which is solid and completely absurd. In a good way.

I started reading Inari Kon Kon, Koi Iroha because the latter part of the anime put the whole angsty teen friendship/romance on the backburner in favor of plot that actually involves godly powers . The manga kept me interested. I burned through the current 44 chapters in no time at all and I'm looking forward to more.

Koe no Katachi (or, A Silent Voice) is something you don't see a whole lot. Basically a dude who bullies a deaf girl in elementary school (like, to the point of ruining her life), ends up fucking up his own life in the process somehow. The story really starts with him in high school at rock bottom, where he aims to find the girl and apologize to her before killing himself. The one-shot is definitely worth a read, and I'd give the manga itself a recommendation .

Top Top

Byron
  Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:36 am
Was a Potion
Sponsor

Generic Townsperson

Spoo wrote:
SAO2 is pretty alright IMHO. Compared to ALFheim, most definitely so. I never really liked Kirito as a character to begin with, so that's nothing new. The Death Gun plot interests me, though. I'm legit curious as to how the bad guys are doing what they're doing.

SAO2 has the advantage of great animation. Like, most anime with fluid animation wins me over!
SAO2 Spoils

Also, I finished Zankyou no Terror.
ZNT Spoils

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:52 am
Sponsor

Mysterious Wizard
I thought SAO2 started off good but they're really stretching this tournament thing. They're just standing around talking and/or flashback.

Top Top

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 430 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 15  Next