Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

HOME FORUMS DISCORD GAMES RPG MAKER SEARCH

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 428 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next
    Spoo
  Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:01 am
Certified Bad Pun Aficionado
Sponsor

Party Mascot
Then you'll be glad to know the tournament arc is over now.

SAO2 Spoiler

SMITE | PATH OF EXILE | BATTLEBLOCK

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:02 am
Sponsor

Mysterious Wizard
Watched Summer Wars, it was satisfying.

Top Top

Byron
  Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:29 am
Was a Potion
Sponsor

Generic Townsperson

Spoo wrote:
Then you'll be glad to know the tournament arc is over now.

SAO2 Spoiler

Agreed!
SAO2 Spoiler

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:50 am
Sponsor

Mysterious Wizard
Log horizon season 2 airs saturday. So I'll prob. get to watch it sunday or monday. I'm pretty psyched.

Top Top

Spoo
  Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:39 pm
Sponsor

Party Mascot
I'm liking the new season of SAO2 so far. Glad to see we're back to fantasy.

New intro is better, too.

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:06 pm
Sponsor

Mysterious Wizard
The next Digimon anime is going back to Digimon Adventure series. With Tai in highschool. A lot of people are wondering how much of it is getting retconned. There are a lot of continuity issues between the Japanese version and the english version already. Supposibly the Digimon Adventure psp game deviated a little from the show, but I don't know how much.

If you click the egg here, it'll eventually hatch and reveal more details. But the first egg was nothing to sink your teeth into. I'll help hatch the second egg, but if its nothing big I'll just forget about it and wait till the dumb thing comes out. I loved the first 3 seasons of Digimon as a kid. But after that they kept changing everything. Even the digimon world games went from V-pet, to dungeon crawler, to rpg, to hack and slash, to tournaments, then back to original.
I don't have a lot of faith that it'll be any good at this point.

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:43 am
Sponsor

Mysterious Wizard
It's amazing how boring but interesting Log Horizon can be. It's boring because there's hardly any action and most episodes are just characters talking in a room. I'd stop watching except they'll introduce something new and I'll want to see where it goes. Like the recent implications of flavor text.

Top Top

Byron
  Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:19 pm
Was a Potion
Sponsor

Generic Townsperson

My life is anime atm.
Been watching Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. I'm loving it.
M3: The Dark Metal is pretty awesome and the mechs in it are sweet as hell although LIM is... Well...
Shirogane No Ishi Argevollen is developing well too.
Gundam: G no Reconguista is quite cool. Bell is an idiot though.
Psycho-Pass 2 is great although I hate the new inspector.
Recently finished Tokyo Ghoul. Wasn't that a trip. Glad there's going to be a second series otherwise I'd say the ending was shit.
Mahouka Koukou no rettousei hasn't had a new episode for a while...
SAO 2 is... Lets face it. It'll never be as good as it first was... Just like beating a dead horse now. With that being said, I still watch.

I think that's it...

Edit: That's not it! Zankyou no Terror was amazingly awesome! The OST is brilliant too!

Top Top

Xilef
  Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:12 pm
Staff

Omnipresent Merchant

Found a bloody weird animé, it was middle school life for girls running an after school club and then they all turned into super heroes with their mobile phones.

Top Top

Spoo
  Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:41 pm
Sponsor

Party Mascot
I'm gonna give Log Horizon another shot since I didn't like it the first time around. Three episodes in so far; I'm sort of taking it better. Still not great IMHO.

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:11 am
Sponsor

Mysterious Wizard
I got caught up in Psycho-Pass 2. There's a little plot hole that bugged me,
Content Hidden

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:34 am
Sponsor

Mysterious Wizard
I've been looking over Takehiko Itō artwork and character designs. He did Outlaw Star and a handful of fantasy-mecha mashup series in the 90s. Ryu Knight. K.O. Beast. I'm inspired, watching youtube clips and episodes.
I love how they did high-tech stuff back then. Like, wires, cylinders and the little details. It's something I've always wanted to learn to draw.

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:43 am
Sponsor

Mysterious Wizard
I'm sick. Coughing like crazy. Chills.
The perfect opportunity to lay in bed and catch up on Akame ga Kill!

Top Top

Spoo
  Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:18 am
Sponsor

Party Mascot
Akame ga Kill was alright. Given that the anime got ahead of the manga, certain changes were made and they were...not the best.

If it ever gets the FMAB treatment, I'll gladly give it another go. Been watching Yona of the Dawn on Crunchyroll since it's historical. Kind of. I like it. Even though it's based off a shoujo manga it's pretty action packed and lacking in naked males.

And I am okay with that.

Top Top

Spoo
  Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:20 am
Sponsor

Party Mascot
I also finished SAO2 a while back. Wow.

Major Spoilers from "Mother's Rosario"

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:26 pm
Sponsor

Mysterious Wizard
Watching Dragon Ball Kai. Picking up after the cell saga. But I'm watching the Japanese version. It's weird cause the English voices are so much deeper and masculine, but in this Goku and Gohan sound like kids. And Bulma smokes?

Oh I also watched Chaika - Coffin Princess. It was ok. Short. But I don't think the characters would be good for a longer series. Kinda shallow. It was based on an "light novel". I don't know what that means but I got the impression the the secondary cast were played up in importance for the show.

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:35 pm
Sponsor

Mysterious Wizard
Forcing myself to watch Magic Knight Rayearth. Classic 90's fantasy. You know, school kids get whisked away to magical world that they have to save. It nothing I haven't seen a hundred times, but it's been on my watch list forever.

Top Top

Byron
  Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:57 pm
Was a Potion
Sponsor

Generic Townsperson

I've been thinking of taking up the Dragon Ball series. BUT IT'S SOOO FUCKING LOOOONG.
I've started watching Steins;Gate. It's pretty great.

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:04 pm
Sponsor

Mysterious Wizard
The DBZ Kai series is abridged. But they cut out a lot of the non-important stuff that gave the supporting cast their personalities. Like Chi-chi was this controlling mom-bitch with Gohan and wanted him to study instead of fight. But she treated Goten, who looks like young Goku, completely differently and even taught him to fight.

Top Top

StrawberrySmiles
  Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:44 pm
Sponsor

Generic Townsperson

Speaking of DBZ I just watched several videos of Bulma and Vegeta, still trying to figure out their relationship...

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:14 am
Sponsor

Mysterious Wizard
It was after the Freeza saga. Vegeta goes back to earth and basically lives at Bulma's family's Capsule Corp. She just slowly starts worrying about him. She's aggressive, which is like the closest thing to a Saiyan woman he'll ever see.
There's one scene where's she like, "You need a shower. Come with me." And her mom and Yamcha, poor Yamcha, jaw dropped thinking it's happening

Top Top

rey meustrus
  Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:02 pm
Master of Dark Magic
Sponsor

Party Mascot
Steins;gate is great. It really is. I just finished watching it recently. I wish I knew of more good time-screw stories like it because there aren't nearly enough. That said, while the world line concept makes for good storytelling and is used to great effect, there isn't any good scientific rationale for it as far as I can tell. This in a show with two main characters that are scientists. And some find the pace slow, but I think you just have to appreciate character development. It certainly isn't Shonen.

Anyway, BAAAWW poor Ferris! Poor Ruko! ...poor Maiuri! And poor HOOIN KIOMA! (I'm sure I'm writing those wrong but whatever).

Doot do-doo!

Top Top

StrawberrySmiles
  Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:27 am
Sponsor

Generic Townsperson

coyotecraft wrote:
It was after the Freeza saga. Vegeta goes back to earth and basically lives at Bulma's family's Capsule Corp. She just slowly starts worrying about him. She's aggressive, which is like the closest thing to a Saiyan woman he'll ever see.
There's one scene where's she like, "You need a shower. Come with me." And her mom and Yamcha, poor Yamcha, jaw dropped thinking it's happening

I saw a clip from the movie will Vegeta got PISSED when Bulma was hit and his power level skyrocketed. D:

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:23 am
Sponsor

Mysterious Wizard

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:19 am
Sponsor

Mysterious Wizard
Rewatching .hack//roots.
I think I originally watched it a low quality version of it on youtube back in the day with slow internet stopping the playback in one minute intervals.
Maybe that was the reason I couldn't appreciate it. Or maybe it was because I was still new to the internet and hadn't played an MMO so I couldn't understand where the characters were coming from. I hadn't experienced what it was like to see members walk away or watch forums wither away because of it's lack of accomplishments and distant administrators. The whole Player-killer thing seemed stupid, why couldn't people accept it as part of the game design? I couldn't see "The World" as a social experience. I'm not sure I was aware of "trolling" and that the whole point of PKers were to incite an emotional reaction.
Nobody knew if the "key of the twilight" existed. What did they think it was? I just thought of it as a cheat item but the one character suggested it was a metaphor. Like, you're not just manipulating game data it changes the way people play the game. It was a stand-in for the philosopher stone, basically. Again, I'm not sure I would have caught that either the I first watched it.

Listening to the character's stories about why they joined a guild. Why they left. Why they stuck around. I can totally relate to them because I've been there. I get it now.

Top Top

Xilef
  Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:25 am
Staff

Omnipresent Merchant

I actually re-watched .hack//sign the other day. When I first watched it I loved it, then a few years ago I watched it again for like the 4th time and came out the other end thinking it was terrible.

I then watched it the other day and now I love it for different reasons. It is really deep, quite a lot of subtext. Fell in-love with it again.

Top Top

StrawberrySmiles
  Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:51 pm
Sponsor

Generic Townsperson

.hack//SIGN is my favorite anime. :D I used to own all the DVDs, but... ;_;

Top Top

Xilef
  Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:24 pm
Staff

Omnipresent Merchant

It used to be my favourite but now I have 2 favourites that currently influence my 3D graphics style, Sakura Trick and HaNaYaMaTa

Top Top

Spoo
  Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:30 am
Sponsor

Party Mascot
Started reading Boku no Hero Academia. Superhero manga that's heavily influenced by oldschool western comics. I've been pretty impressed so far; it definitely reads like a manga but the influence shows just the right amount to make it feel like a fresh experience. MC is still too whiny though. Ideally he'll grow out of it pretty quickly.

Shokugeki no Soma the anime is premiering sometime in April, so I'm looking forward to that. The manga is strange and oversexualized at times, but in a good, funny way. The MC is also for once not a totally inept retard and knows what he's doing enough to merit being where he is without being super overpowered -- dude clearly shows improvement. Unfortunately, it's shaping up to be one of those in which every female character with virtually any screentime is inevitably gonna crush on him, which sucks.

Kimi to Uso is garbage with an interesting premise.

My Wife is Wagatsuma-san was a great manga until the last 1/6 of the series or so. I think it may have gotten axed, because the ending is just rushed and it seems like the author wanted to toy with ideas. Can't imagine why it would have been canceled, though. It was really interesting for most of the read.

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari is neat. Starts on kind of a bland note (heroes come from real world to fantasyland because X reason), but something happens that pretty much changes everything with the protagonist. Don't read the summaries for it since those spoil the twist at the start.

RIN (Harold Sakuishi) is still great and getting even better. The progression is really well paced and the manga in general stays away from typical anime logic garbage.

Top Top

Spoo
  Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:07 pm
Sponsor

Party Mascot
Guys, Owari no Seraph premiered today. Same studio as Attack on Titan. I recommend it.

Top Top

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 428 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next