Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 427 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
    coyotecraft
  Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:14 pm
Sponsor

Mysterious Wizard
Finished up Infinite Dendrogram. A couple of the episodes were delayed due to the shutdown in China. That kinda tells you have fast they push stuff out the door. They're only a few weeks ahead of broadcast. Or just this studio anyways. Seems way different in the west where voice actors do recording half a year in advance. And sometimes shows have episodes leaked months ahead of their broadcasting schedule.
Infinite Dendrogram was kinda crap. I knew from the start it wasn't going to be very interesting. And towards the end, it switches focus to other characters in a weird way.

Currently watching Cop Craft. It aired last fall, but I'm just now getting around to it. I thought it was going to be a robot-maiden thing. Turns out it's more of an Urban Fantasy with elves and fairies and wizards.

When I was stuck at my sisters last month I started watching Seven Deadly Sin, which is like a Netflix original anime. I'm not a fan.

I was thinking about watching Fire Force. I thought it was going to be something like a sports team buddy show. I don't know what gave me that impression. But then I saw a fight scene which looked pretty amazing. So I'll have to watch it some time.

Top Top

Fayte
  Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:53 pm
Sponsor

Party Mascot
I’m watching fighting force (currently on episode 11). And although the story is interest and the animations are hella dope.. but the fight scenes are severely lacking and really boring.

Top Top

amypang
  Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:28 am

L1 Slime
Just started to watch dragon ball super TV series and just completed EO9 which Finally Super Saiyan God is Born

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:22 pm
Sponsor

Mysterious Wizard
I'm spending today binge watching anime series I haven't watched in a month. I completely forgot I started Cop Craft until I started posting here.

The quality of the newer show is noticeably lower due to the pandemic. I was watching Zero Chronicle. It probably already had a low budget to begin with. But I swear 90% of episodes are still frame pans and zoom. It was boring and kind of making me motion sick watching slow zoom in, zoom out, pan left, pan right. And you'd finally have a far away shot that's perfectly still, and it's jarring because you're not tracking anything any more.
And whenever they're walking it's framed at a high angle so you just see the ground. So they don't have do like parallax tree rows or have someone design a room.

There was something else I saw recently, I forgot what it was. But the backgrounds were so bare. You got these mansions that are nothing but a wall and a rug. Hallways with no doors. Kind of reminded me of some stock Visual Novel background of like a dorm bedroom with an empty bookcase and shelf.

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:09 am
Sponsor

Mysterious Wizard
Getting around to finish watching Cop Craft. Just a few episode left.

I binged watched Bofuri in a single day. It's entertaining but pointless. Basically a girl dumps all her points in vitality to max out her defense and it breaks the game. Lets her acquire other skills that help her break the game even more. But at the end of the day it's just a person playing an MMO. There's no drama or high stakes. If I hadn't watching it all at once I probably wouldn't come back to it.

Re:Zero is starting it's second season.
Also this season is Misfit of Demon King Academy which is pretty similar to Demon King Daimao. But Daimao is over 10years old now, and I'm noticing people dismiss decade old anime like it's irrelevant or that the new generation of viewers won't watch it. It's like when people talk about isekai, they might acknowledge older anime from like the 80s and 90s that definitely go in the genre. But they only want to focus on the "isekai boom", shows from after 2010.

Speaking of older anime, I've been meaning to rewatch Noein. I watched it in like, maybe '08? I don't even remember what channel it was on. Maybe Scifi before it became Syfy. They had an anime hour block that didn't last very long. So I never got to see all of it. I actually forgot the name of it until recently.

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:20 am
Sponsor

Mysterious Wizard
I binged watched Kami no Tau (Tower of God) yestersday. 13 episodes.
Turned out to be very different from what I was expecting. Like if The Hunger Games were an anime. It's similar to how Naruto started out. This 13 episode arc is just one big exam to allow people to begin to climb the tower.
It's a South Korean manhwa. I think a characteristic of that is that characters focus much more on their social status. Have vs Have-Nots is a big theme. I mean Japan uses that too at times but it's more concentrated on a few characters and their family. But with Korean stories, it's everybody. I see it in their online games too, that have leaderboards, ranks, titles.

And then the drama. I've never watched a Korean Soap opera but I've heard how crazy and unreal character relationships get. Lots of twists and betrayal. The male protagonist pursuing a girl like she crack cocaine.
Tower of God is very vague about how much time the protag and this girl spent together before the story began. I got a feeling they'll revisit that and fill it in with a completely different picture.

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:39 am
Sponsor

Mysterious Wizard
Watched Grimoire of Zero. Its from a couple years ago. I want to say it was good. It had good world building and character development. But it has a pretty big plot hole. I think it's only there because it was a 12 episode adaption and they were raising the stakes in the last 3 episodes for a dramatic time crunch. Its good if you you don't think too hard about consequences and implications.
At least it went somewhere and felt like a conclusion in the end.

Danmachi aka "Is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon?" is starting a new season. I really enjoyed the first season, but the last season left me with the impression that it's not going anywhere, so I'm not really thrilled about it.

I have not watched the new Digimon anime. Which is a reimagining of the original first season, like set in present day instead of 1999 I guess. I've heard it's pretty bad. And it was also delayed because of Covid.

And speaking of blasts from the past. There is a new Inuyasha spin off starring their kids. I just watched the first episode which is mostly a flashback/prologue that's more like an Inuyasha episode. It hasn't really introduced the new characters yet, but what they did show wasn't very flattering.

Top Top

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 427 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15