Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
    glorious caesar
  Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:03 am

Warnings: 1
Friendly Friend wrote:
@ tobacco goldfish

First, have you look at least one episode of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic before forming an opnion like dadevster did?

Second, if not then you need to take the time to ignore this thread before buttiing in like a sore loser trying to make fun at those who watch this cartoon. If your doing this for fun then your just a troll.

;d

Top Top

Venetia
  Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:29 pm
venerable inertia
Staff

well yeah, quick little trite comments like that ARE goading and unnecessary.

it's cool to say "it sucks here's why ______" but not just "this sucks".

anyway i've latched onto a few shows in the past that most people balk at so they became guilty pleasures. a lot of people do. nothin wrong with that.

i watch MANSWERS on SPIKE TV atleast once or twice a week. it's like crazy over the top silly/retarded in the way its presented but i find it amusing. i also nut over the original CSI series AND i have actually watched like 300 naruto's and 200 bleach's. they were horrible but i ... i was COMPELLED to continue watching. oh god i ... i had a problem. and i overcame it. eventually. after losing approx 200 hours of my life. plus im sure there are others.

anyway yeah idr the point here. oh yeah be civil. thanks

Top Top

moog
  Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:12 pm
Sponsor

Friendly Friend wrote:
@ tobacco goldfish

First, have you look at least one episode of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic before forming an opnion like dadevster did?

Second, if not then you need to take the time to ignore this thread before buttiing in like a sore loser trying to make fun at those who watch this cartoon. If your doing this for fun then your just a troll.

dude its probably good for younger kids but, like wyatt said the only reason people think its awesome is because of 4chan users. its really horrible if the demographic is aimed at young adults.

Top Top

Friendly Friend
  Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:20 pm
Peaceful Greetings

Laruen Faust made this show to both appeal to kids and parents, even to adults that have no children.

She created this show for all ages. Goggle search for the Laruen Faust's rebuttal to Ms.Magizines offensive article of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. ( My Little NON-Homophonic, NON-racist, NON-Smart Shaming-Pony: A rebuttal)

@ Noise, Don't judge the whole show by just looking at 5 mins of the first episode. Also the pilot episodes arn't the best because they are different than all of the other episodes. The show is slice-of-life after the pilot episodes, it gets better in later episodes (I.E Sonic Rainboom). Please respond at least after watching the whole ep, I like to hear your opnion( you can skip the intro if you like to).

Last edited by Friendly Friend on Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top Top

glorious caesar
  Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:07 pm

Friendly Friend wrote:
@ Noise, Don't judge the whole show by just looking at 5 mins of the first episode. Also the pilot episodes arn't the best because they are different than the all the other episodes. The show is slice-of-life after the pilot episodes, it gets better in later episodes (I.E Sonic Rainboom). Please respond at least after watching the whole ep, I like to hear your opnion( you can skip the intro if you like to).

honestly dude I just don't want to spend my time watching something like this when i have a shitload of legitimate tv shows on my hard drive (sopranos, treme, boardwalk empire and i still havent even started game of thrones). i just have no desire to watch a children's flash cartoon it seems like a tremendous waste of time because there cannot possibly be any kind of LITERARY VALUE in it.

especially if it promotes all sorts of family values that I don't even believe in. FRIENDSHIP AND SHARING AND all that stuff are bullshit. i mean it's a good message for children but for a thinking adult those kind off messages always fall flat because in reality things go a lot deeper than DOOP DOOP FRIENDS :mad:

Top Top

Ellie
  Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Staff

Omnipresent Merchant
I'll try watching it a bit more in-depth tomorrow. I'm intrigued as to what the fuss is about.

Top Top

Friendly Friend
  Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:34 pm
Peaceful Greetings

Well I'm not forcing you to watch it, i'm just saying that you shouldn't form an opnion after watching just 5 minutes of it. Trust me, it'll get better after the pilot episodes starting at ep.4.

When you have the time or bored, try checking out the first episode, i'm not forcing i'm just saying. I hope you understand.

Top Top

Friendly Friend
  Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:51 pm
Peaceful Greetings

Top Top

glorious caesar
  Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:54 pm

Friendly Friend wrote:

holt shit dude this was actualyl extremely well-cut and pretty entertaining. unfortunately tht doesn't say shit about the show.

Top Top

united washcloth express
  Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:04 pm
Silenced Security
Sponsor

L1 Slime
Powerpuff Girls Z is pretty good. Other than that, I can't really get behind any kids show created post 90's era :x

Top Top

Ellie
  Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:17 pm
Staff

Omnipresent Merchant
That doesn't seem as "lazy" as other flash animated shows. Some literally still resemble Captain Pugwash in their level of animation. (I know CP isn't flash, but it's a similar way of animating).

Top Top

Friendly Friend
  Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:29 pm
Peaceful Greetings

@ united washcloth express

Than You'll like My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic as it was created by Lauren Faust, who worked on The Power Puff Girls, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Iron Giant, and others.

She is also the wife of Craig McCracken, The Creator of PPGs and Fosters Home. You'll either enjoy or dislike MLP:FiM
but that depends, Here's the link to the pilot (you can skip the intro if it annoys you)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeJ6-gN0eB4

Top Top

united washcloth express
  Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:34 pm
Silenced Security
Sponsor

L1 Slime
No, I won't. I saw an episode. It was balls.

Top Top

moog
  Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:37 pm
Sponsor

united washcloth express wrote:
No, I won't. I saw an episode. It was balls.

pretty much this

Top Top

Friendly Friend
  Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:21 pm
Peaceful Greetings

@united washcloth express

Which episode did you see, If you don't know the episode can you describe it from memory?

What did the episode do that turn you off? I might show you something that could likely
change your view of the cartoon if you give me a chance to prove that this show isn't horrible.

Just one more chance, after that no more, your opinion will determine
if you like it or not.

Top Top

Friendly Friend
  Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:13 pm
Peaceful Greetings

Top Top

moog
  Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:29 pm
Sponsor

I dont get it?

Top Top

Friendly Friend
  Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:49 pm
Peaceful Greetings

@ tobacco goldfish

The main cast got cursed and travel to a zebra named Zecora who they think is the blame for all this.

Fluttershy (the yellow pegasus pony) who used to have an angelic voice, is cursed with a deep guy's voice.

In this scene, Fluttershy is singing Pinkie Pie's song because Pinkie Pie can't speak.

Here is Pinkie Pie singing the song before being cursed:

Top Top

Ellie
  Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:00 pm
Staff

Omnipresent Merchant
Are all the ponies female in this?

Top Top

Friendly Friend
  Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:44 pm
Peaceful Greetings

@ Amy Pond

Well the Main Cast are all female (except for spike) but they are male ponies in this show
such as Big Mac, Big Brother of Applejack.

If your wondering why Fluttershy has a deep man's voice, read my above post.

Top Top

moog
  Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:01 am
Sponsor

I get WHY you like it, I dont get why you are so bent on making everyone enjoy the show. I respect that you like it but I watched one episode and besides well animated, it was very kindergarten oriented

Top Top

moog
  Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:02 am
Sponsor

lol did you join this forum just to defend my little pony? all of your posts are oriented to this thread.

Top Top

Friendly Friend
  Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:23 am
Peaceful Greetings

Well sir, I'm sorry if I come off as a defender of this cartoon, I only join to show those who don't know anything about this show, as I been in the know since the beginning of december, 2010.

And so, I deeply apologize to all for the sudden joining of this fourm, I only just wanted to spread my knowledge, that is all.

Top Top

moog
  Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:29 am
Sponsor

nah dude its cool im not bashing your love for the show, carry on and all that, i was just a bit curious. you're very welcome here!! we love to have new members. I was just interested why you joined :p but yeah man, dont feel bad or apologize for anything, youve done nothing wrong. feel free to post more about the show or whatnot, but it may not appeal to everyone here.

Top Top

Friendly Friend
  Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:13 am
Peaceful Greetings

I must say that i'm glad that you express your opinion on the show, I know they are those who dislike this show after seeing at least one or two episodes.

So, which episode did you watch? Was it the pilot episodes? I am just wondering that's all.

Top Top

moog
  Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:29 am
Sponsor

I saw the pilot, yeah.

Top Top

Friendly Friend
  Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:04 am
Peaceful Greetings

Yeah, the pilot episodes arn't the best of the whole season, it gets better starting at ep.4 and onward.

Top Top

glorious caesar
  Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:28 pm

tobacco goldfish wrote:
lol did you join this forum just to defend my little pony? all of your posts are oriented to this thread.

yeah dude it';s an obvious troll account but we'd rather just play along for the sake of having an actual discussion.

i mean on a forum where a lot of people generally agree it's nice to have a dissenting perspective to keep convrsation acctive. so welcome trolls :toot:

Top Top

Friendly Friend
  Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:07 pm
Peaceful Greetings

Here's one of my many favorite videos that I like to share to everyone.

Top Top

Cait
  Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:28 pm
“I worship impersonal Nature, which is neither "good" or "bad", and who knows neither love nor hatred.”

(o.o) I just wanted to post that I don't think the shows that bad, pretty good for a My little Pony (I only watched the pilot), and the characters are really have potential. I just wanted to thank you for posting this topic, because if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have realized that I was introverted. Despite the fact that my own mother knew, she never said a word. Now I realize that .. there's nothing wrong with me. (^_^)/ Thanks! (I watched it and had enough, so I wanted to know what the word really meant). One of the good things is that they don't portray being SHY as the same thing as introverted, which is one of the biggest misconceptions in the world. There are shy people who believe they are introverted and introverts who believe they are shy. It's a really well down show and something that the whole family can watch. (Although, to be honest, I don't see many young men or boys wanting to watch this. Which is a shame, because it's so well done. Maybe if it hadn't been called: My little Pony which is a girl's toy traditionally.)

Top Top

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next