Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

glorious caesar
  Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:28 am

Warnings: 1
hey guys so i just got finished watching the latest episode of what is honestly at this point the best television show ever. yeah, better than the wire and maybe the sopranos. honestly this show is some great fucking literature and really brings tremendous storytelling and vision to the media of the television drama. not to mention bryan cranston is fucking INCREDIBLE in:

Breaking Bad
Sundays at 10PM on AMC

if you haven't been watching it, then here's my summary: the show is all about a man named Walter White.

Walter White is married to a total cunt bitch named Skylar and he has a son (Walt Jr, yup) with cerebral palsy (a smart kid who knows just when and how to play up his disability and an actor who can get that point across in a natural and charming way).

Walt is a high school science teacher—formerly a REAL scientist who did cool stuff at a big company—who lives in Albuquerque, New Mexico with his family. and then he is diagnosed with cancer (not spoilery: this is pilot episode stuff). this drives him to a really hardcore midlife crisis where he realizes that he will die and end up leaving his family with nothing. his sense of self and value and PURPOSE are kicked into action and he determines that he will go to any length to provide for his family.

and this is where he meets Jesse Pinkman, a local methhead and dealer—and former student of Walt's. jesse's original partner and "cook" gets busted, and walt offers up his science expertise in order to make some mad stax. so the two team up and become a meth-cooking and selling team. hijinks ensue.

so for a while Breaking Bad was about Walt and Jesse cooking meth and the trouble it gets them into:

but then they start to get REALLY good at it, and they end up getting into the business really deep. Not to mention that all the characters are undergoing tremendously well-written development throughout the entire story:

this is a vague recap of stuff from more recent seasons but idt its too spoilery

this is some speculative stuff for those who are caught up

Top Top

Venetia
  Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:40 am
venerable inertia
Staff

Oh gog YES this is ... this is just the greatest show. It easily vies with any HBO series, too, on the scale of writing and acting.

I still have not ENTIRELY caught up yet, I'm about 8 eps behind, so i will not speculate much ...

Content Hidden

Top Top

glorious caesar
  Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:43 pm

i can't believe nobody else is posting in this thread. if i made a topic about a ff game or the latest animes or something it'd get a million replies but the greatest piece of literary television since the wire gets pretty much ignored.

except by ven you rock. :3

today's sunday so new episode tonight. after last week's ending it's time for some shit to go down

Top Top

Jason
  Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:39 pm
Awesome Bro

Generic Townsperson
I've seen this advertise a lot and would probably watch it just for Bryan Cranston lol, even though if I did watch it I wouldn't be able to help myself but I'd be imagining him as Hal from Malcolm In The Middle, lol.

Top Top

Spoo
  Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:35 pm
Certified Bad Pun Aficionado
Sponsor

Party Mascot
:o

I've never got around to checking this show out but I might have to now. It looks potentially amazing.

SMITE | PATH OF EXILE | BATTLEBLOCK

Top Top

gRaViJa
  Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:47 pm
Creator of Ascension

Looks really intresting. I hope i can watch in on the internet somewhere. (show doesn't air in Belgium)

Top Top

Daxis
  Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:04 pm
The arrow lives frugally.

Okay, I just saw this thread and the fact that the main character is like one of my fav actors ever, and the premise seems like uber cool and

I just watched two episodes
that was really, really cool.

"RPG ideation"

Top Top

Jeronimus
  Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:14 pm

Yeah, this is another one of those shows that's on my list of Things I've Been Meaning To Watch But Haven't Yet so I'll probably get around to it sometime in the future whenever that may be. Whenever. When. Ever.

Top Top

moog
  Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:42 pm
Sponsor

lucht pecht wrote:
i can't believe nobody else is posting in this thread. if i made a topic about a ff game or the latest animes or something it'd get a million replies but the greatest piece of literary television since the wire gets pretty much ignored.

today's sunday so new episode tonight. after last week's ending it's time for some shit to go down

oops i actually posted in this thread but my internet fucked up!

this show is fantastic, and it is pretty much the best show on tv. cranston's acting is phenomenal, as is paul's. the pacing is great and the characters are so dynamic, it just makes you want to keep watching more. I first saw this when a marathon came on and let me tell you i didnt leave my tv

Top Top

Venetia
  Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:06 am
venerable inertia
Staff

oh god i saw the last ep of season 3 and ... holy fuck dude. hol.y.fuck.

season 4 is still going so i am waiting until it is done so i can watch all eps back-to-back. holy crap. i can't bear to wait a week between eps with THIS sort of suspense :(.

Top Top

dadevvtsvre
  Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:45 am
consul for life
Sponsor

lucht pecht wrote:

i wish i had more time to invest in watching tv, but between community, parks & rec and mad men, my tv watching space simply isn't big enough!!

Top Top

Juan J. Sánchez
  Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:03 am
I'm a doctor in Costa Rica.
Sponsor

Party Mascot

Well, to be honest BrBa is kind of cryptic, so at first I just skipped it. I actually just clicked it because Barium Bromide is not a correct chemical compound.

Top Top

Spoo
  Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:14 pm
Certified Bad Pun Aficionado
Sponsor

Party Mascot
Just watched the pilot episode and I'm probably going to get hooked soon enough.

Thanks, Des, for getting me addicted to yet another show :thumb:

SMITE | PATH OF EXILE | BATTLEBLOCK

Top Top

Anski
  Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:17 pm

L1 Slime
I love this show, oh so much. Oddly enough I had just finished the first episode because I saw it on Netflix when I saw this thread, and i'm already hooked.

Top Top

Anski
  Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:23 pm

L1 Slime
Juan J. Sánchez wrote:
Well, to be honest BrBa is kind of cryptic, so at first I just skipped it. I actually just clicked it because Barium Bromide is not a correct chemical compound.

Also i'm pretty sure Barium Bromide is a chemical compound. Barium Bromine, BaBr as written up top is not, but Barium Bromide, as you wrote it, BaBr2, is. .-.

Top Top

glorious caesar
  Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:34 pm

OH GOD PLEASE TELL ME OTHER PEOPLE ARE CAUGHT UP BECAUSE THE LATEST EPISODE JUST FFFFFFffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

honestly the best television series ever made. There's a line in one review I read that claimed that "It’s a brilliantly conceived drama about the cost of greed and the illusion of control." and I cannot agree more. Fucking perfect. This is the artistic storytelling medium of television at its finest.

Top Top

Venetia
  Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:48 pm
venerable inertia
Staff

No I can't watch super awesome shows like this or Dexter etc. without letting the season run its course and then watching them back to back afterwards :x

They drive me insane while i wait for the next week's :x

Top Top

Juan J. Sánchez
  Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:45 am
I'm a doctor in Costa Rica.
Sponsor

Party Mascot

Anski wrote:
Juan J. Sánchez wrote:

Also i'm pretty sure Barium Bromide is a chemical compound. Barium Bromine, BaBr as written up top is not, but Barium Bromide, as you wrote it, BaBr2, is. .-.

Yes, you're right on that. I took Chemistry in Spanish, and sometimes I get confused translating.

Top Top

moog
  Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:36 pm
Sponsor

dragon ball Z is better

Top Top

e
  Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:09 pm
shittybutt

watching this with my girlfriend right now, and it is by far the best show on tv at the moment, at least in terms of storytelling, even though it has me raging at times (i.e.: jesse is an amazingly well written character, but fuck i want to punch him; walter is equally amazing, but sometimes his decisions are fffffuuuuuu :mad:). some episodes are pretty depressing though, very bleak stuff...but then the next episode is fucking conceit, a sustained, overly complex metaphor contained into a tiny thing: a fly. a whole episode spent on a fucking fly: amazing (no sarcasm).

Top Top

glorious caesar
  Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:12 am

oh god oh god that fainle :toot: :cry: :biggrin: :fap:

Top Top

Raze
  Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:55 am

Picking it up tomorrow to try it out :]

Top Top

Venetia
  Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:43 pm
venerable inertia
Staff

Necropost but just saw the latest season finale (finally) a few days ago.

BLEW. MY. MIND.

Holy shit this show is the best-written show of all shows that have ever been shows. Period.

Top Top

moog
  Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:20 pm
Sponsor

BUMP

SEASON PREMIERE MO FUKKAS

hypehypehypehypehype

Top Top

Venetia
  Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:25 pm
venerable inertia
Staff

oh shit i forgot thank you for the reminder!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Top

Venetia
  Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:56 am
venerable inertia
Staff

FFFUUUUUUU i missed it b/c i was playing Max Payne 3 and didn't see the tiiiimmmmeeee

Top Top

Mega Flare
  Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:07 am
What is your weapon of choice,
What's your weapon of choice
There is no weapon to free us all
Awesome Bro

Il be home in 3 hours! Its on the dvr waiting for me

Top Top

Jason
  Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:34 pm
Awesome Bro

Generic Townsperson
I started subscribing to Netflix last week (Free month trial first though) and the first 3 or 4 seasons are on it, so I'll probably start watching it from the beginning soon lol

Top Top

moog
  Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:50 am
Sponsor

yeah season 4 launched last night on netflix. good job you capitalist assholes! i had already got the boxed set

Top Top

Jason
  Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:07 am
Awesome Bro

Generic Townsperson
I got bored and just watched the first episode/pilot on Netflix, and it was really fucking good to be honest with you, I'll watch a few more episodes tomorrow (Not gonna' watch 'em right now since it's past 2am and they're like an hour each lol)

Also moog, on Netflix there's only 3 seasons, the 4th one isn't out... maybe it's a region thing? But maybe it's also because the season 4 box set isn't out on dvd/bluray here yet? It's not out until the 1st October, so hopefully they'll put it on Netflix at the same time...

Top Top