Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

Perihelion
  Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:24 pm
Peril Hellion
Sponsor

Inept Evil Stooge
Anyone here play? I find the fluff interesting but can't afford the models, so I haven't really read the rules, but I'd be interested in picking it up if I could actually play. I'm thinking about using Gametable so I can use pics instead and just playing online if I can find people to play with. Would anyone be interested?

What's everyone's favorite factions/personalities/whoever? If I played, I would definitely run a Chaos Space Marines army, probably World Eaters or Thousand Sons. Khorne Berzerkers are just cool, but Tzeentch is like my god irl, plotting and magic being the #1 things I always do in tabletop games. I was looking through the codex and was somewhat disappointed to find that there weren't individual rules for different CSM legions. I mean, they're so distinct fluff-wise that I feel like there should be unique models and abilities, but meh. It also sucks that you can't have daemons in your army anymore.

Other than that I'd probably play Orks or maybe Dark Eldar. Orks are just funny. Dark Eldar are kind of inherently froofy because they're elves, but the whole sadistic, hedonistic elf thing is kind of interesting, and plus I hear they're fast and heavy hitters, which is how I usually like to play games. Best defense is a good offense.

Also, what are the best/worst armies? I hear Matt Ward is a Space Marines fanboy and so Space Marines are now somewhat overpowered, and I hear Sisters of Battle totally suck now, but I don't actually know from personal experience.

Top Top

Ellie
  Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:39 pm
Staff

Omnipresent Merchant
The prices are ridiculous now. I stopped playing when they doubled the cost of my models. Now they're resin so they're even more expensive than that.

Gameplay and fluff? Yes, amazing. Models? Yes, well sculpted. Prices, company, release structure? Awful.

Top Top

Perihelion
  Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:41 pm
Peril Hellion
Sponsor

Inept Evil Stooge
Well, there's this program called Gametable that gives you a virtual game board, and you can use picture icons instead of models to move around. I figure you could play WH40k on it. I mean, pics from the Internet aren't as fun as models, but they're a hell of a lot less expensive! Would you be interested in playing? What army?

Top Top

Raze
  Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:24 pm

I'd be willing in trying that out ;o I'd probably play Space Marine/Necrons/something. Not very experienced at it but I'd give it a shot.

Top Top

Ellie
  Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:20 pm
Staff

Omnipresent Merchant
My army was one which they took away because it wasn't selling well enough. On top of that, to play it, I "proxied" using a rulebook that was still selling, which they now haven't updated since 3rd edition (current = 5th) so that's bad too.

That's what I don't like. The Games Workshop release structure is now that every 2nd codex is a Space Marines codex. :|

My army is Adeptus Mechanicus (AdMech).

(not mine:)

I played them using Imperial Guard - Witch Hunter rules, which are now deprecated and can't be played. I haven't got around to finding a way to rules-legally play my models, if I even can. :|

I have about 3,000 points of AdMech, and a 1,500 point Chaos Space Marines army (Emperor's Children). 1,000 of the CSM and a fair few of the AdMech are just from an older Space Wolves army, my first; it was badly painted and badly put together so I cut it all back into pieces and used them to add to my two armies (the CSMs were my sister's but she sold them to me when her boyfriend and her split up).

Quote:
I hear Sisters of Battle totally suck now

Worse, they're not even a legally playable army now.

Anyway, I'd probably think about playing.

Top Top

Perihelion
  Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:29 pm
Peril Hellion
Sponsor

Inept Evil Stooge
Yeah, that blows. Sisters of Battle and Adeptus Mechanicus are way cool. :\ Hopefully they'll get updates that aren't awful.

Top Top

Kingdom Ablaze
  Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:00 am
Smile, you never know when you are on camera!

i love war hammer 40k, but i dont play i buy and paint the models, then sell them for profit :D

Kingdom Ablaze: Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KingdomAblazeTradingCardGame

Top Top

Ellie
  Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:57 am
Staff

Omnipresent Merchant
My painting isn't that good. Three base colours plus sloppy detailing at best. I have very shaky hands constantly.

Top Top

Ellie
  Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:37 pm
Staff

Omnipresent Merchant

Want.

Top Top