Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

moog
  Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:06 am
Sponsor

OK FIRST OFF DONT SPOIL SHIT OR YOURE BANNED (no jk but please dont :c )

Just got back from seeing this. It's the third and final entry in Christopher Nolan's take on Batman. All the familiar cast members return (minus mainly Eckhart and the obvious Ledger) reprising their roles, along with a few additional and impressive actors. The movie itself (which Id rather not talk to much about in plot) is basically a fall and rise from the ashes film. Wont say too much more, usually I would in these threads but not tonight.

To be honest, and in my opinion, this is probably the weakest of the three entries in my opinion.

Also, if you are a superhero movie fan LOL I LOVED THE AVENGERS AND SPODERMAN etc and havent seen the other two Batman films, THIS IS NOT FOR YOU. Its not the greatest film of ALL TIME either.

Before any of you rage, let me tell you: ITS FUCKING AMAZING AND I WOULDNT MAKE A THREAD IF I DIDNT THINK SO. BUT, it has its flaws.

read my critic's below

Content Hidden

Top Top

moog
  Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:11 am
Sponsor

lol i wrote the ledger instead of the joker

fuck it im not changing it

Top Top

benos
  Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:31 pm
"I'm gonna have to take out the trash sooner or later".

Content Hidden

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:43 pm
Sponsor

Mysterious Wizard
This is part 3 in a trilogy right? I mean, not continuation but taking place in the same universe as the last 2 films. I've seen the one with the Joker but not the first one. All I know is the main villain is Bane in this one.

Sadly, this movie is going to be remembered because of the shooting during the midnight showing in Colorado. It's the only thing they are covering on TV this morning. At least 12 killed. I'm hoping the people that died didn't have kids with them. I'm terrible for thinking it, but to have your parents killed while seeing a batman movie would be awfully ironic.

Top Top

No ID
  Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:32 pm
Do I have to?
Sponsor

I thought it was great. I wasn't expecting that twist. But yea all those people getting shot is crazy. And takes away from the fact that they had 17 extra shows. In 1 theater in my small county that usually shuts down like a PC with the BSD well before 12am

Top Top

Venetia
  Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:57 pm
venerable inertia
Staff

Seeing it toniiiiigggghhhttt ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

also "The Ledger" is kind of a cool name for a villain

an ... evil accountant

who messes up your taxes
and
tricks grandmas into tontines

Top Top

benos
  Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:43 pm

Content Hidden

Top Top

Venetia
  Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:16 pm
venerable inertia
Staff

Saw it. Loved it!!! Ditto @ all of your spoiler'd parts, moog.

Obv not as good as Dark Knight but that shit's like following Carlin. Nearly impossible to follow.

Top Top

Mundane
  Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:05 pm
Kind of back...

I see what you mean about the writing moog. It seems Nolan had too many ideas and too short of time. The movie jumped a lot and left some things up in the air. That is Nolan's style, but it hasn't been for the previous Dark Knight titles. I think he was really going for a closing political statement. I couldn't help but see lots of parallels to the modern US in the way Nolan portrays and eventually shapes the politics of Gotham. Of course, Bane's method was FUCKING awesome. But I'm not a violent revolutionary, so I think Nolan when a little overboard with the whole populist uprising and police warfare stuff. But all in all, it was an excellent character driven flick. Anne Hathaway did better then I thought she would, but I think that is primarily due to how sexy she played it. Her lines were rather bland, and she never fully fulfilled that Catwoman role I was expecting. As for the ending, with Robin. Fuck that. Warner Bros. better extend Nolan's rights or someone else is going to tarnish a good lineage in Batman stories again - *cough* Burton. It was good though, had me on the edge of my seat even after I left the theater.

Ven:(off topic) How is Carlin impossible to follow? He speaks only the truth and in the most easily perceptible way - and he's a fucking riot.

Top Top

Venetia
  Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:16 pm
venerable inertia
Staff

you've never heard the expression "tough act to follow" or "it's like going on after streisand"? (i used that, however i think streisand is shit so i used carlin)

it basically means that it doesn't matter how good you are, there's no way that you can top the act that went on before you.

Top Top

Mundane
  Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:50 pm
Kind of back...

Ah, I feel you on that.

Top Top

No ID
  Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:33 am
Do I have to?
Sponsor

It could've been worse.

Worse

Top Top

dadevvtsvre
  Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:36 am
consul for life
Sponsor

Saw this last night, and will have to agree with the general consensus - this movie is better than Batman Begins but not quite as good as TDK.

That is to say, this was an incredible movie, and actually surpassed my expectations. There are some truly chilling moments and scenes that made my spine tingle for how well-made they were. It's not a perfect movie and I find myself questioning a lot of the film's decisions, but leaving the theatre I was left with an overwhelmingly positive impression.

Content Hidden

Top Top

benos
  Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:17 am

No ID wrote:
It could've been worse.

Worse

DAT ASSES. :specs:

Top Top

Venetia
  Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:30 pm
venerable inertia
Staff

I have one question for all the people who live in Gotham:

Why in the holy flying shit-titties don't you move away

I mean JESUS CHRIST

Okay, maybe it's not enough to move when it's just overrun with ultra-violent, gun-toting mobsters and gangsters.

But what about all these other things???

WHY DO YOU CONTINUE TO LIVE THERE

I mean, okay, the street urchins and the poor? They probably don't have much choice, other than physically walking their sorry asses out, to an uncertain future.
And maybe the ultra rich or the old or the infirm may feel comfy where they are, and are resistant to change,
but for the average Joe, the guy with a wife and two kids and a normal job,
why in the BLEEDING FUCK does he stay

it's in America, not some 3rd world country, where a despot has effectively made it so that people cannot physically move around (after the events of the movies, of course) ... they ARE ALLOWED TO MOVE, and it's not THAT hard to find work elsewhere ...

I want to get out of Tampa because it's too hot. Why would anyone be like "hrm, well, it's not a NICE city, and it doesn't have good weather, and there is the intermittent ultra-criminal between the lesser-but-still-scary criminal attacks, but ... well, all my stuff's here, so ... I'll stay."

@_@

Top Top

united washcloth express
  Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:10 pm
Silenced Security
Sponsor

L1 Slime
Because the only other real city is Metropolis, which has an alien dick protecting it.

Or maybe they all hate Jews.

Top Top

Venetia
  Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:54 am
venerable inertia
Staff

Well, god damn.

Top Top

GameBoy
  Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:40 pm
Awesome avatar isn't it?

MOTHERFUCKING* BATMAN

Enough said.

*Technically it's not possible, but who cares.

Top Top

MagitekElite
  Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:48 am
Nothing here, sadly.

This movie is amazing. I didn't find myself liking it as might as TDK, but it is definitely going to be apart of my movie collection when it comes out.

Even though a lot of people say that this movie has the best fight scenes of them all, I still think that BB has the best fight scenes. They seem more combat-y, or something. But anyways, if anyone is debating whether to see it or not, I definitely recommend it—especially if you are a Batman fan!

For me, I'm pleased as a hardcore Batman fan. :heart:

Top Top

Kingdom Ablaze
  Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:48 pm
Smile, you never know when you are on camera!

i enjoyed the movie, however i think the first one was the worst, it was good, but it didnt get me pumped like the other two movies.

Kingdom Ablaze: Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KingdomAblazeTradingCardGame

Top Top

Ellie
  Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:37 pm
Staff

Omnipresent Merchant
Shit, just realised I haven't seen this yet.

Dark Knight was better but I still really enjoyed Badman Benigs...

...but liked Tim Burtonman much better. Dark Knight lacked the tongue in cheek humour that made Batman great.

Top Top

Necrile
  Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:29 pm
Sponsor

Batman begins was the best in the trilogy imo. Fgfgfgfggggg that origin story though. Much better than year one.

Top Top

united washcloth express
  Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:32 am
Silenced Security
Sponsor

L1 Slime
It sucked

Top Top

Jumping Jack Flash
  Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:32 pm

L1 Slime
Tim burton wruined Batman. The new is much better. Dark in a dark way not in a crappy tim burton way. The joker is much more believable too. I dont think anybody enjoyed that series.

Top Top

Ellie
  Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:40 pm
Staff

Omnipresent Merchant
I did. :troll:

Top Top

united washcloth express
  Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:03 am
Silenced Security
Sponsor

L1 Slime