Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

coyotecraft
  Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:23 pm
Sponsor

Mysterious Wizard
It feels like forever since I last sat down and got sucked into a TV show. The Syfy channel just started airing new episodes of Lost Girl and Being Human. There is also something called Helix that I haven't watched yet and Bitten which I didn't record but I probably should.
It's a blessing for any TV series to continue after season 2. I'm not sure how much longer Lost Girl and Being Human will be around. I've heard Warehouse 13 will be on it's final season, probably air in march-april along side Defiance.

These syfy shows have done pretty well to make it this far. I think it partly because they don't make major changes every season where the episodes flow completely differently and the shows loses their original charm. Lost Girl has gotten better I think now that it's gotten everything established. When it first started I thought it was pretty lame, like it was trying to hard to be edgy with a bi-sexual succubus. But I started watching it religiously and it's one of the only shows I actually look forward to watching. Everything else I record and watch when and if I feel like it.

Top Top

Ellie
  Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:05 pm
Staff

Omnipresent Merchant
Original Being Human, or the American edition?

I liked Being Human (original), for the pilot episode, but then they completely changed the female character (like, completely, and not just in an Amy's Racist way) for the series. I still watched the first one but then drifted off...

I like the Syfy original films though, they're hilarious.

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:17 pm
Sponsor

Mysterious Wizard
Syfy's B-movies? Ugh. I watch them on fastforward. They are painful to watch.

Top Top

Glitchfinder
  Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:20 pm
BEWARE: Glitchfinder's sense of humor sucks.
Staff

Party Mascot

coyotecraft wrote:
Syfy's B-movies? Ugh. I watch them on fastforward. They are painful to watch.

You've seen the multi-part remake of Andromeda Strain, right? It was too high-budget to be labeled a b movie, but at the same time, it wasn't a "blockbuster", either. It sort of sucked, butchered the original, and set up an infinite time loop that should have resulted in the immediate annihilation of life on Earth.

Just call me Glitch.

Top Top

Spoo
  Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:36 am
Certified Bad Pun Aficionado
Sponsor

Party Mascot
ugh Don't talk to me about the Andromeda Strain remake. I hate when people mess with Crichton stories.

I like SyFy sometimes. Used to watch Sanctuary and Warehouse 13 with my Mom sometimes, and the B-movies are excellently horrible. ATM I watch USA Network more because of Psyche and the upcoming series, Sirens.

SMITE | PATH OF EXILE | BATTLEBLOCK

Top Top