Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
    SephirothSpawn
  Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:55 pm
Support/RGSS Bitch
Retired Staff

After the 2.4 version, I will be including an update log into the documentation. I plan on going back and checking each version and what was updated. I should have done this from the start, so that is my mistake.

Blizzard, I would, but everyone seemed to get confused when it was in multiple parts. Installation was just a pain in my ass, mainly because we tried to make it so everyone could choose their own installation. Personally, I don't think pointing to a line with an error is a big concern, as I have tried to make it so there isn't any errors in the SDK, and any errors that do occur will hopefully be found outside the SDK. It may not open and point to your line with the error when you open the editor, but I do believe it errors and gives you the code line in the debug window. I might split it back into X parts, or I might just keep it in complete, but I am not doing both again (seemed to confuse a lot of people).

Robot, this is the RMXP SDK. I do plan to work on one for RMVX, mainly just adding the same method splits we already have in the RMXP SDK, but they did convert quite a bit of RMVX after the SDK (they probably just won't admit to it lol).

I am always looking for scripts to look over and offer my advice on people's coding. If you want your script reviewed and to further develop your scripting skills, just put a [Review] tag in your topic. I will always post in any scripting topic marked [Review] offering whatever advice I can give.

Top Top

rey meustrus
  Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:25 am
Master of Dark Magic
Sponsor

Party Mascot
Sometimes one can get an error in the SDK that involves another script entirely, ex. a script tries to alias a non-existant function and the engine spits out an error in the SDK because the SDK added functionality to alias and it points to the line where that function tries to call the original, which returns the error.  That probably didn't make any sense...

Top Top

SephirothSpawn
  Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:15 am
Support/RGSS Bitch
Retired Staff

Yeah, I got that, but... I don't know. I am trying to keep it standard. I could divide it back up, but that may just confuse people again, and I really don't want that. I will just have to see what everyone else thinks.

Split it into:

SDK Part 1 - Setup, Documentation, and SDK Part 1
SDK Part 2
SDK Part 5
SDK Part 4
SDK Patch

or

SDK Complete

I am always looking for scripts to look over and offer my advice on people's coding. If you want your script reviewed and to further develop your scripting skills, just put a [Review] tag in your topic. I will always post in any scripting topic marked [Review] offering whatever advice I can give.

Top Top

rey meustrus
  Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:13 am
Master of Dark Magic
Sponsor

Party Mascot
Why not split it up, but not even imply that the different slots would work independant of each other?  I'm not quite familiar with the installation problems you say people had when it was split up before, but it seems like that might absolve any confusion.

Although personally, I'd like a package available which separates each individual class and module into its own slot, like the default scripts.

(Wow, I guess I'm getting pseudo active here again...next thing you know I'll be posting outside of the scripts section!)

Top Top

SephirothSpawn
  Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:33 am
Support/RGSS Bitch
Retired Staff

Yeah, I was kinda thinking of just splitting it into 2 parts and leaving it at that.

And it is good to see you posting around here again. :)

Top Top

rey meustrus
  Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:05 am
Master of Dark Magic
Sponsor

Party Mascot
Seph, I haven't heard from you since I sent you the Scene_Base stuff.  By the way I added a couple of things related to the @active variable (Scene_Base is now 469 instead of 468 lines), the files are in the same place I linked you to.  I just want to know how everything's coming.  Getting involved in your greatness has excited me, even though non-scripters probably wouldn't understand what's so exciting about a layering Scene_Base and a MACL that adapts to the scripts that use it to trim itself down.

Top Top

SephirothSpawn
  Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:24 am
Support/RGSS Bitch
Retired Staff

Ok good to here. I will be updating both this week. I'll be pming you here soon as I still need a few details. The big thing is the MACL Needed function. But its pretty fun to write (more logging than anything). I am going to try and find a way to read the rxdata from the MACL to main and check that code (I haven't reallly tried yet). All else fails, you just put every script in 1 text file. Simple enough.

Top Top

Robot
  Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:26 am

SephirothSpawn wrote:
Robot, this is the RMXP SDK. I do plan to work on one for RMVX, mainly just adding the same method splits we already have in the RMXP SDK, but they did convert quite a bit of RMVX after the SDK (they probably just won't admit to it lol).

Sorry, my boyfriend was logged into my account and didn't read the first post (he's Ultima2876), I haven't even introduced myself here yet!

Top Top

Kain Nobel
  Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:30 pm
No Rest for the Wicked!

I've broken down the entire processing of Window_Message, especially for my Message System, but figured it would be useful to the SDK. Yes, this still functions exactly like the origional Window_Message, so if somebody decides to delete their default Window_Message then, in theory, everything should still work the same.

Window_Message+ : Script

Window_Message+ : Methods List

Xtreme Message System (Early) - Based off new Window_Message

If you decide to use it, or especially if you use it and change some of the coding please let me know so that my message system will be compliant with the updates. Hope you like it, enjoy! :thumb:

EDIT: I updated actor.level_up and actor.level_down. Now skills will be added/removed when you level up/down and also theres a bug if you level up outside of the 1...99 range so I added a small conditional "unless @level == #" to prevent that.

Game_Actor level_down && level_up

Interpreter Fix (easier to alias/overwrite condition branch types)

Interpreter Fix - Example w/ Aleworks Input Patch

You can find any scripts I've submitted within the past year upto the date specified above. If you happen to find something else that is either not on the list or just doesn't have a URL that I had posted officially or otherwise, please PM me the link and I'll be sure to add it to the list.

Last edited by Kain Nobel on Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top Top

Xaitan
  Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:57 pm

Hey guys, im new here and to RMXP, i am currently using side viewer battle system and it came with SDK 2.2 (I really dont understand scripts at all) if you could please tell me how to update to the 2.4 version that would be great. Do i just delete the 2.2 script info and put in the 2.4 script? If so, can you please post the script of it all together, nothing missing that i have to add because it really makes no sense to me. Sorry for the hastle...i am trying to get better at this :P

Made by... me

Top Top

SephirothSpawn
  Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:55 am
Support/RGSS Bitch
Retired Staff

I have been considering breaking down Window_Message for message systems as that refresh method is way over complex. I'll take a look at what you have done and put something together for the 2.5 version.

@Xaitan: Just click on the text document in the first post, copy and paste over the 2.4 version. That should be it.

Top Top

SephirothSpawn
  Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:40 am
Support/RGSS Bitch
Retired Staff

alexanderpas wrote:
(note: this was for sdk 2.3, will look if sdk 2.4 has been changed...)

As the SDK 2.3 thread has been closed (probaly due to the spam...), and i'm having some suggestions for it.... I made this thread... :tongue:

I seem to be working on some script, and i tought of some nice additions for the SDK
To add the mapname to the properties of the corresponding map.

To split the X-axis and the Y-axis of the display centering

Game_Player.check_event_trigger_there (Advanced Branch)

Game_Screen.weather Improvement

Game_Screen.update (Branched)

Game_Picture.update (Branched)

Game_Battler.skill_can_use? (Branched)

(request to mods: please remove all post that are asking on how the SDK works and also the "I'm having a problem with the SDK" posts.)

I have moved and changed the map infos. Now, map infos loads as an instance in $game_map. Then Game_Map has a method name, that just returns the name. Nothing else is vital of the RPG::MapInfo object really. But I am however putting this into the MACL, as it is an addition, not a re-write.

Why would the center method need to be split? You can really just alias the center method itself, and work from there. Unless you have some reason it needs to be split...

I like the trigger alteration. I will rename the methods (to fit a more specific format) and alter the code slightly and add that in.

I'll add the weather fix. Silly EB.

I will add the update method splits, because I am branching quite a few of the method in the game and sprite classes.

I don't see the point of the skill_can_use? branch. I have aliased this method in nearly 60 scripts, and never had a means to split it up.

@KN: As I said above, I am planning on breaking down the Window_Message refresh method. I will look into some of the bigger interpreter methods.

If I haven't said it before, like with the MACL, I am working on a compiler, that once your project is finalized, it generates the SDK code for you, removing un-need methods. I am working on these updates now.

Top Top

alexanderpas
  Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:41 am
Sponsor

SephirothSpawn wrote:
Why would the center method need to be split? You can really just alias the center method itself, and work from there. Unless you have some reason it needs to be split...

Wrapping (looping) maps ;)
or more precisely, single direction wrapping maps.
best explained with a pseudo-code example!
before:

after:

SephirothSpawn wrote:
I don't see the point of the skill_can_use? branch. I have aliased this method in nearly 60 scripts, and never had a means to split it up.

Seperation of gaming logic and calculations, more precisely, check skill_right_occasion? for example.

Top Top

SephirothSpawn
  Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:55 am
Support/RGSS Bitch
Retired Staff

Ok. I can split the center code for you.

I understand, but skill_can_use? is split already in Game_Actor < Game_Battler % Game_Enemy < Game_Battler. The method itself is
Expand to see the code.

There is no stacked expressions or stacked blocks that would require you split this method.

Top Top

Kain Nobel
  Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:22 am
No Rest for the Wicked!

Well, I'm purposely putting all development on my XMS on hold until you've SDK-ized Window_Message, so its all in your hands now. The one I submitted should have most of the elbow work out of the way, except for theres a bug where it won't go away during battle you could probably chase down. Hopefully its not going to be too different from what I've submitted (unless its for the greater good) because I've already got alot of the XMS done so far (but yes, its awaiting your SDK version of the message window.)

Also, in SDK::Scene_Base, you need to include your Graphics.freeze in main_dispose instead of in the actual 'main' method. I move the windows outside of the screen in all of my menu scenes, so I moved Graphics.freeze into 'main_dispose' and super call it after windows are all exited. Its a small change, but it makes it possible rather than the other way around the graphics are already frozen.

Small changes to SDK::Scene_Base

Example Snippet

You can find any scripts I've submitted within the past year upto the date specified above. If you happen to find something else that is either not on the list or just doesn't have a URL that I had posted officially or otherwise, please PM me the link and I'll be sure to add it to the list.

Last edited by Kain Nobel on Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top Top

SephirothSpawn
  Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:42 pm
Support/RGSS Bitch
Retired Staff

Your windows that are exiting should be in the main loop, not in the disposal method. Your main_break? method is prematurely causing the main loop to break, so Input, Graphics and everything else that the Scene_Base main loop is not being updated.

I do agree that Graphics.freeze should be in the main_dispose method.

However, could you share your code? I would like to see what you are doing. Right now, its running a straight execution from the loop ending to the end of your scene, so your windows stop getting updated and won't be disposed.

------------------------------------

I am considering making a Spriteset_Base class that like the Scene_Base, will handle updating/disposal all the individual sprites. This will prevent whenever we add a object to a Spriteset, we won't need to also alias the dispose and update methods, just to update and dispose our objects.

Likewise, I am trying to add a double-update prevention. Something like this:
Expand to see the code.

Now, above Main, the idea is to auto-alias the child-class of every class that has the method :update (we don't want to alias the parent classes and end up double aliasing everything), include the has_updated? method and create this new format.
Expand to see the code.

This is just a bug prevention and can be optionally added in. I was thinking of adding even an error catcher, that uses that caller method or whatever (never used it before, so I could be wrong), so when has_updated? returns true (saying we are double-updating), it tells us where it was called. I could be just thinking above and beyond here than what is actually capable, but I am going to try to see what I can't do. ;)

Top Top

rey meustrus
  Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:20 pm
Master of Dark Magic
Sponsor

Party Mascot
If Sephiroth is planning on using my modifications to the Scene_Base class which make it layerable, the migration of Graphics.freeze has already occured.  It's in a new method, main_out_transition.  The structure of my new version of the class has changed the class somewhat, such that it has a dispose class.  This is what that looks like:
Expand to see the code.

The dispose method is called as such:
Expand to see the code.

The main_out_animation_loop method is called as such:
Expand to see the code.

Top Top

SephirothSpawn
  Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:00 am
Support/RGSS Bitch
Retired Staff

Ok. Here's a progress report:
Expand to see the code.

Here is what is left to do:
~ Add mewsterus's layer additions
~ Add has_updated? methods
~ finish compiler
~ finish all documentation

Top Top

rey meustrus
  Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:54 pm
Master of Dark Magic
Sponsor

Party Mascot
Could I see this rewritten Scene_Base?  I could help with merging it since I know my own work much better than you probably do.

Top Top

SephirothSpawn
  Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:06 pm
Support/RGSS Bitch
Retired Staff

Ok. I created this module, that both the Scene_Base and Spriteset_Base include.
Expand to see the code.

Now here is the current Scene_Base with some modifications to what you had.
Expand to see the code.

Note that it uses a few user-defined settings in the first portion of the SDK (under settings)
Expand to see the code.

Top Top

rey meustrus
  Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:11 pm
Master of Dark Magic
Sponsor

Party Mascot
Could you also include the methods :z_max and :z_min?  They are similarly constructed to :auto_update and there may be use for them in Spriteset classes.  I'd also like you to note the modifications to the conditions in :main_update for layers:

Expand to see the code.

If that extra condition on auto_update(object) isn't there, selectable windows in scenes that are being layered will still be updated, and since their input processing is in their own classes you will, for example, move the index in the menu even though you opened the save menu.

EDIT: I changed a few things...I added :new_scene, :has_layers?, and :root to the class in simplified form before it checks for layering, for more fluidity between the two states of the Scene_Base (:root returns self, it doesn't :has_layers?, and :new_scene replaces $scene = object.new), added the main_update class back in since it has those important conditions to prevent Window_Selectable objects from updating (it rewrites from SDK::Auto), and a couple of minor things like fixing :root (the if statement would have screwed things up a bit).  I think I'd like to change the way the script makes things into layers...so I'll do that.  Remember that besides layering functions, the new Scene_Base also has animation functions...I'll have to put together a little demo of layering once the whole SDK 2.5 is out.

EDIT 2: Modifications done...now :initialize can function normally without needing the parent as an argument...additionally, using :new_scene from a layer should work better now.  Before it would call Graphics.transition too much and would look weird...you can try this out by the L/R keys in Actor menus (skill, equip, status).  I'll just PM it to you.

Last edited by rey meustrus on Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top Top

SephirothSpawn
  Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:21 pm
Support/RGSS Bitch
Retired Staff

Ok. I finished the has_updated? bug prevention. As is, if you want to use this feature, you need to add:
Expand to see the code.

in Main (after every other script)

Expand to see the code.

It actually works, and only updates the child-most class of every class. It searches through all defined classes. Just wanted to share that before I get into the Compiler. Once the compiler is done, SDK 2.5 will be out!

Top Top

Kain Nobel
  Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:29 pm
No Rest for the Wicked!

Since AStar_Pathfinding (by Cowlol) overwrites this method, I was inspired to do a method split for it in my own project. After about 5 minutes, I generated this, tested it a few events from my other games with different custom move route commands and it appears to be pretty stable and working like a charm!

EDIT: Did find a bug, but it only appears to happen with the player and not events. Player doesn't succesfully ignore impossible moves, I'll try 'n fix it when I'm not busy.

Game_Character#move_type_custom (method split)

Also, I see that you didn't branch off the Interpreter conditional branch segment. Other than splitting the methods, I changed it so when comparing $game_variables[?] you can use non-numeric data in your variables. For instance...

Condtional Branch: Script: $game_variables[????] == "I'm A String!"
  @> # Do something...
End

Can be executed with events and it'll read the string. Previously, it used to only read numerical data. I already use the conditional branch method splits in 2 or 3 of my scripts, so it should probably be standard. One of the most important things I use it for is the Aleworks Input Module, which made event conditional branches for "If C Button Pressed" not work. vgvgf wrote a patch for me, then I broke down the Interpreter so that we didn't have to overwrite the whole shebang!

Interpreter Conditional Branch (method splits)

Last edited by Kain Nobel on Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top Top

SephirothSpawn
  Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:51 pm
Support/RGSS Bitch
Retired Staff

Ok. I guess I can throw those splits in. With those splits, all I have left is compiler. I am half tempted to save that for next version so I can get on to the MACL, but I have about half done already. The longest part is just splitting up the SDK into a bunch of files, which is very time consuming. A text file for part 1, then a text file for every method split, then a text file for every part 3 and part 4 class, and the patch.

After that is the less time consuming, more challenging, make a method that reads the scripts and checks for the split method names. But it shouldn't be too hard.

Oh, and I updated the Has_Update to Double_Prevention, so it also prevents double-disposal as well.
Expand to see the code.

Top Top

Necro_100000
  Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:07 am

I'm having two issues with some old SDK scripts... I can't find 2.0 which sephs' auto save requires. but it says it can't find the the class method line... Method & Class Library (2.1+). Thats what it says it can't find. Sorry if I'm hard to under stand I'm sick and tired lol...

Our Official Website of the Dawn of Darkness Game and Team.
http://Www.dawnofdarknesshome.webs.com

Dawn of Darkness
We'll be come a real game company... Someday... Someday...

Top Top

SephirothSpawn
  Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:21 am
Support/RGSS Bitch
Retired Staff

It requires 2.0 or newer. You can always use the most recent version (except scripts using scripts before the 2.0, which most scripts will still work).

The MACL is a different script, which the script probably requires. Get the MACL too.

Top Top

Zeriab
  Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:03 pm
Hugging Lion
Sponsor

Try doing a search for Indidual in the script  :dead:
Thank you search and replace command.

Top Top

rey meustrus
  Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:20 pm
Master of Dark Magic
Sponsor

Party Mascot
Seph, I've been messing with Scene_Base again.  I've put :main_break? back to normal functionality so that anybody who changed it (god forbid we know why) could still have their scripts work, as well as fixing a small bug in the way new scenes are created when a layer exists.  You would notice this layer in Scene_Load if you loaded a game.  Also, I'm preventing people from loading more than one of the same layer on the same parent...it screws up some things.

Top Top

SephirothSpawn
  Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:00 pm
Support/RGSS Bitch
Retired Staff

Ok. Just post or PM your mods, and I'll check them out.

Top Top

Arcor
  Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:32 pm

Mentioning an incompatibility with another script on a different forum, and the guy helping me out mentioned that I should report a small bug, that line 1289 in 2.4 says "class Game_map" while it should probably be "class Game_Map".

Personally I have no idea if this affects ANYTHING, but I was advised to report it, so I thought I should  :smile:. I don't know how case sensitive RGSS is, etc.
If this has no impact on anything, feel free to ignore me.

Top Top

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next