Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

Amy
  Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:40 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
This thread is for less important site updates which may be of interest.

9/12/2009

Renamed the RMXP/RMVX boards to "RPG Maker XP/VX". Reasoning? A lot of people (including Enterbrain!) refer to them by RPGXP/VX, RPGMXP/VX, etc. RMXP/VX is lazy and potentially misleading. Having the full title ensures people know what it's for ;o

Split the Game Maker forums into two boards: Tutorials, and Support/Discussion. This is to mimic the RPG Maker XP/VX support forums, and to allow room to accomodate some new threads I will be adding when school's out.

IGM Discussion renamed to "Indie Game Maker Discussion (IGM)" - as per RM, not everyone knows what it stands for and abbreviations are lazy.

The game making forums are going through some changes. These are mainly restructuring - no data will be lost.

The script archive is inside of "scripts".

Top Top

Amy
  Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:24 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
While it may not mean much to you regulars, I just wanted to note that the staff now have a 0-post-reply policy. In other words, the aim is that if nobody has replied to your post by the time it reaches the middle-end of page 1, one of us will reply, even if that's just with a pointer on why nobody is replying. It's not fair that some legitimate posts get no replies whatsoever, and we want you to feel that the staff are as much a part of the community as you are.

Top Top

Amy
  Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:32 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
Shifted the google ads down a few pixels on the RMXP.net theme so they align with the header images.

Top Top

Amy
  Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:55 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
The ezine bbcode template has now been fixed so that the ezine can be viewed properly when using the H4xx0r and Hallowe'en themes. Sorry about that.

Top Top

Amy
  Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:43 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
2008 ORGy Awards

For anyone who cares, I fixed all the broken bbcodes and html in the 2008 winners topic, and moved it from the admin forums to here. I don't know why we hid it away, but I fixed it all up and it can now be found here:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=50754

(2009's is here btw viewtopic.php?f=185&t=66107)

Top Top

Amy
  Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:06 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
Tana's video tutorials

I also found the following video tutorials for pixelling which I have moved to the pixel forums.

viewtopic.php?f=159&t=21230&start=0

Top Top

Amy
  Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:04 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
Direct link to posts

I couldn't find the mod arb used so I made my own; you'll now notice if you click the Image icon you'll get a direct link to that post. (It's found opposite your username, by the post date).

Any problems with this mod please PM me.

Top Top

Stardust
  Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:03 am
<3 Army of Love <3
Retired Staff

Sewer Rat

Sweet! Thank you so much for bringing this back! :D

Top Top

Amy
  Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:19 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
30th December 2009

Added the image uploader to quickreply and to all themes. If you find it missing anywhere let me know! I think I got them all but might have missed something.

Top Top

Amy
  Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:01 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
Quick Reply

The quick reply table has been remade. Now has simple bbcodes, image uploader, and a larger text box for input.

BUT overall it actually takes up less screen space as the option checkboxes have been shifted up and to the right.

Top Top

moog
  Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:47 am
Sponsor

This is awesome!! :D

Top Top

Amy
  Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:41 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
A tiny change, but you'll now see a link to change your signature next to the "attach your profile signature?" checkboxes on quick and full reply/post.

Top Top

Amy
  Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:52 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
URL Censor

To fix all old broken links for good, rmxp.org/f orums has been censored to hbgames.org/forums via the actual php files.

No hard feelings meant to rmxp.org - you aren't running off the /forums directory anyway. This is just to fix broken links.

This is to replace the old word censor which only affected new posts.

Top Top

Glitchfinder
  Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:32 pm
BEWARE: Glitchfinder's sense of humor sucks.
Staff

Party Mascot

Sweet. That makes things much easier.

Just call me Glitch.

Top Top

Amy
  Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:47 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
Tomas is now a moderator of the music forum. He's had powers in there for a few weeks now and has shown he has what it takes. He's also one of the coolest members here (but we don't mod based on coolness!)

Top Top

Amy
  Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:54 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
Fixed problem with spoilers not displaying. Sorry about that, I'd left a link to a stylesheet in from testing something which didn't work :ouch:

Top Top

Amy
  Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:47 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
I did something a tad silly and shifted oh, say, 10,000 posts from Deleted Posts to various boards around the forums (mainly Rec Room). Back from when we deleted NFG and whatever other forums.

All the RP and Recruitment threads are still there btw. Didn't move them, no point as they don't have a place to go at the moment.

Top Top

Amy
  Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:11 am
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
Small changes
  • Made the "Resources" board link bold, gave it a new image, and added some links to "maker specific" pages for RMXP/RMVX
  • Our google rank has severely been hit for some reason; added RMXP/RMVX to various parts of the site!
  • Rearranged the sidebar on the mainsite to be more navigable, remove dead links, and be more sensical
  • Added some links to the footer to help newbies, and mainly google, know what the site is about
  • RMVX.org is coming
  • You can now choose a homepage on your profile. Choose between the mainsite, the forums, or rmvx.org. This will then replace your "home" link in the menubar
  • Tag pages now display correctly for graphical resources. Still need to add some tweaks so that other articles with tags display.
  • Completed games section added to the mainsite, though currently not much content. Plan to trawl through the boards and archive them all on the homepage
  • Restored shadow's credit on the Aqua and Aqua-based themes
  • ││█║▌│║▌║ ▌│║▌║ ▌││ is now a technical administrator, i.e. an administrator for technical purposes - support, helping with geeky stuff, and sex with chinks

Top Top

Venetia
  Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:08 pm
venerable inertia
Staff

Update

There's a new favicon :) Image

You need to clear your cache to see it.
This one will work on both dark and light browser backgrounds.

Top Top

Amy
  Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:13 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
Resources page now shows tags below the description.

Top Top

Amy
  Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:36 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
Fixed bb.hbgames.org to give links in a bb.hbgames.org/??? format instead of bb.afar.ws/??? format. Sorry about that.

Top Top

Amy
  Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:49 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
Added a new utilities page, not sure where to put it.

page.php?p=utilities

Top Top

Amy
  Sun May 16, 2010 8:50 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
Slight edits to the description and layout of Other Entertainment to encourage posting in Music Discussion.

Top Top

Amy
  Tue May 18, 2010 12:17 am
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
  • Web Programming and Hardware is now called Websites and Computers to better reflect it's nature.
  • Moved a large chunk of threads from General Discussion to other forums from times when those forums didn't exist (such as Other Entertainment, or Music Discussion). Just general spring cleaning and to try and shunt numbers from general to gaming.

Top Top

Amy
  Tue May 18, 2010 3:03 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
I have added rel="nofollow" to memberlist links (member's websites).

This should not affect anybody, all it means is Googlebot will not count these links towards page rank. In short, it is an attack at Spambots who register fake accounts just to get their link in the memberlist to raise their site's Google presence.

It should not affect normal members - just put your link in your siggie or whatnot.

"Member's websites" is not meant to be an advertising spot anyway, merely a way for folk to find out more about you.

Top Top

Amy
  Sat May 29, 2010 12:07 am
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
Homepage

Now shows Scripts and Completed Games.

Articles

Has been renamed "Game Making News"; plan is to update this with indie game making news if and when it comes in. Essentially, what the eZine should have been. (Sorry about the eZine... after xieke went down, seeing as nobody else in the world was interested in it, I just didn't have the heart to remake the old issues)

Style Changer

The homepage style changer, which turned out to be temp only, has been switcheroo'd with the one from the bottom of the forums so is now permanent.

Note: some styles need updating; will do in a short while.

Top Top

Amy
  Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:08 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
Ruby Game Making Support was getting very little posting, and I realised we don't have any other games programming boards.

So I have renamed it "Games Programming Support" and gave it a new description to match.

Everything that was there still goes there, just other languages are allowed now (C++, Java, etc).

Top Top

Amy
  Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:16 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
If you check the box at the bottom of the page you will find "Eat Greens Erryday" - our first ever green theme.

Top Top

Jason
  Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:20 pm
Awesome Bro

Generic Townsperson
Ooh, I quite like this theme, looks good lol.

Although I certainly will NOT be eating greens every day!

Top Top