EXTREME NITPICKING FOLLOWS:
The organization for the various utilities is a bit messy. For instance, is there a fundamental difference between the links in the gray bar and the links directly below the username? It seems as if pages were haphazardly thrown at one or the other.
Why should "filehost" and "Resources" be so far away from each other? Moreover, are they different enough that they need to be separate pages? I understand the "downloads" links is for game engine downloads, but I don't think anyone would figure that out by looking at it; I don't think it gets much use because of this.
Several of the top links are broken or outdated:
- The wiki fails at its primary purpose: to be informative to new members. (for instance, look at the page for hbgames.org, yo?) Until it gets a lot more activity, we might want to take it off the top bar; I worry that it might actually turn off new people to the site rather than inform them.
- The forum FAQ seems a bit inflammatory. :x It would be okay behavior for the forum and all, but when you consider the audience that would actually be reading that stuff, it seems like it should be a bit more formal or at least more friendly.
- The information on the Donate page is a bit outdated.
- *chan is dead, but the link's still there.
- There's a duplicate link for irc in the blue bar.
- All of the items in utilities are already linked to in the blue or gray bar.
The "My Posts" link only shows a list of the last topics you posted in; there should be a direct link to your post (or better yet, just a list of your posts, like you can view from the profile of other members). If you wanted to find your posts through that list you might have to hunt through pretty long topics (e.g. PWOYM).