Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

HOME FORUMS DISCORD GAMES RPG MAKER SEARCH

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
    Ellie
  Mon May 16, 2011 8:15 pm
Staff

Omnipresent Merchant
The silent have been there for thousands of years even so, apparently.

Top Top

Incognitus
  Mon May 16, 2011 10:54 pm

Quote:
The silent have been there for thousands of years even so, apparently.

...And there might be a couple standing behind you right now. You should kill them all on sight. You're fussed that nobody has noticed monsters you can't remember? :cute:

And surely part of the Silence is that they are based on classic stories of UFO abductions and MIB encounters which nobody generally believes. Ask David Icke what he thinks about lizards living beneath the surface of the Earth. ;)

The "lizard people" - or, as we fans like to call them :wink: , Silurians, Eocenes, or Homo Reptillia... depending on what episode we're watching - are a classic Doctor Who monster. Don't diss the lizards! :tongue:

If you want to split hairs, Earth's history has been manipulated behind the scenes by the Daemons, the Fendahl, Fenric, Osirans...the Last of the Jagaroth. And just about every major historical figure has had some sort of run-in with an extraterrestrial monster.

Not to mention the fact that during the 1970s or 80s, the World (aka "Home Counties") was affected by some sort of Weird Sh*t every week often Master-minded by the international terrorist Victor Magister...

And it's a mute point anyway since they reset the Universe last Series finale!

But yes - if this show is taken at face value, humanity is incapable of getting it's self out of bed in the morning without some kind of extraterrestrial help.

Top Top

Ellie
  Tue May 17, 2011 3:28 pm
Staff

Omnipresent Merchant

Top Top

Jonnie91
  Tue May 17, 2011 3:58 pm

@Amy: I WANT THAT DOOR IN MY HOUSE! lol

The last episode was amazing, However in relation to
Content Hidden

For people who don't wanna view spoiler: Do people prefer the stories more now than they did when R.T.D was in charge, I must admit except for the Cr*p acting of Matt Smith, the storyline and the other Actors/Actresses are really really good and I am enjoying it alot (just a shame about the Chin that seems to take up the entire screen most of the time!)

My Projects/Projects I Support:

Image Image

Dropbox to small for you? Perhaps Copymight be more your cup of tea. 15GB when you sign (and an extra 5 for clicking my link too ^_^)

Top Top

Sgt. Cookie
  Tue May 17, 2011 6:16 pm
I'm back. And this time, I mean it!
Sponsor

Crap acting? I would say it is the same as C,E and David Tennant.

I now play D&D 3.5. It's fun!

Top Top

Ellie
  Tue May 17, 2011 6:34 pm
Staff

Omnipresent Merchant
I actually quite like Matt Smith. I try not to compare the acting or whatnot because Eccleston, Tennant and Smith all have a very different character and different acting styles and whatnot. They're all definately seperate entities and their series' have a different tone.

Top Top

Jonnie91
  Tue May 17, 2011 7:04 pm

I suppose the issue that I find with smith is that he seems to young to play the doctor though!! Wheras both David and Chris just seemed older, not just literally just overall, perhaps crap acting was abit harsh, just not the way I expected him to be, but then again for a while I had a distaste to DT now I miss his Doctor, meh I suppose I am just not giving him a fair chance...

Image Image

Dropbox to small for you? Perhaps Copymight be more your cup of tea. 15GB when you sign (and an extra 5 for clicking my link too ^_^)

Top Top

Ellie
  Tue May 17, 2011 7:13 pm
Staff

Omnipresent Merchant
Well, being young he makes the character that bit different. I still want to see an older doctor though - perhaps Bill Nighy, or dare I say it, Michael Gambon...

Top Top

Jonnie91
  Tue May 17, 2011 8:10 pm

I agree definitely with Bill Nighy, he would make an amazing doctor!
It would mean he would have the quirkiness but also have the serious side on top...That is what David had, but the age of Matt in this role has gone against him slightly, although he is not the best doctor I have seen I do like the quirky side, because he was good at it
Michael Gambon...hmmm that would be interesting..It would certainly be a good FINAL doctor..would kinda bring it full circle back to the first years of Hartnell :D

Image Image

Top Top

Sgt. Cookie
  Tue May 17, 2011 8:44 pm
I'm back. And this time, I mean it!
Sponsor

Jonnie91 wrote:
FINAL doctor

This wins HBgames quote of the year.

I now play D&D 3.5. It's fun!

Top Top

Jonnie91
  Tue May 17, 2011 9:39 pm

Sgt. Cookie wrote:
Jonnie91 wrote:
FINAL doctor

This wins HBgames quote of the year.

yey...I win something lol

but there are only meant to be like 13 doctors...or is that all just a rumor!

Image Image

Top Top

Ellie
  Tue May 17, 2011 10:05 pm
Staff

Omnipresent Merchant
I think David Tennant was the last one along those lines. They broke that though by introducing Matt Smith.

Top Top

Incognitus
  Tue May 17, 2011 10:07 pm

Amy Pond wrote:
I think David Tennant was the last one along those lines. They broke that though by introducing Matt Smith.

Wha?

A Time Lord has thirteen possible incarnations. Matt Smith is the Eleventh. :\ Two more to go!

Quote:
but there are only meant to be like 13 doctors...or is that all just a rumor!

No. A very important plot point for several stories. A key piece of Time Lord mythology.

Last edited by Incognitus on Tue May 17, 2011 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top Top

Ellie
  Tue May 17, 2011 10:08 pm
Staff

Omnipresent Merchant
I always thought it was ten? o.o

Top Top

Incognitus
  Tue May 17, 2011 10:10 pm

Amy Pond wrote:
I always thought it was ten? o.o

Nope. Deffo Thirteen.

The Deadly Assassin, and the TV Movie. :3

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Regeneration

Top Top

Jonnie91
  Tue May 17, 2011 10:30 pm

You beat me ^
Although it is 13 Doctors not regenerations :D and also the thing mentioned about 507 could be smarter than mentioned on here if you count the digits it equals 12(the amount of regenerations he is aloud).. coincidence hmmm dunno about that one could be, no one knows we just have to wait and see lol

Image Image

Last edited by Jonnie91 on Tue May 17, 2011 11:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top Top

Incognitus
  Tue May 17, 2011 10:44 pm

www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjZl9AqCrPg&feature=related

For Doctor Who/Family Guy fans... :biggrin:

Top Top

Jonnie91
  Tue May 17, 2011 11:16 pm

Oh my night has got better two of my fav shows brought together :D I am a very happy fan..(shame the Stewie voice wasn't very accurate..but that is me being a picky VA lol)

Image Image

Top Top

Ellie
  Wed May 18, 2011 8:21 am
Staff

Omnipresent Merchant
Never liked family guy but I did laugh at that clip. Nice one :]

Top Top

Jonnie91
  Wed May 18, 2011 5:55 pm

What do people think of the next episode trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO5PcAuHhbk

Image Image

Top Top

Ellie
  Wed May 18, 2011 6:28 pm
Staff

Omnipresent Merchant
I haven't watched it yet; I don't like spoilers!

I've been trying to get my head around the squiggly-wiggly timey-wimey of the Time War. Confusing business.

Top Top

Jonnie91
  Wed May 18, 2011 9:39 pm

It is indeed lol :smile: Then again if it was simple then Doctor Who wouldn't be so amazing!
It took me all day to work it out myself (it was my day off and I was REALLY bored haha)
If you are still referencing the only 13 doctors issue, I really don't think that they will get rid of DW it is just way to popular, even though RTD "insisted that the "thirteen lives" rule was too deeply entrenched in the viewer consciousness for his throwaway line to affect it."
We haven't heard an feedback from Moffat, so he could completely ignore the 13 lives rule, and just regenerate him again :o: We just don't know lol

Image Image

Top Top

Jason
  Wed May 18, 2011 9:43 pm
Awesome Bro

Generic Townsperson
So I was watching an episode on Saturday at my girlfriends house (She's the biggest Doctor Who nerd I've ever known), and does anyone else think Matt Smith has the weirdest head ever? It's horribly shaped like his head is too small for his hair, and his nose looks like it's been stuck on, like plasticine or something... god that's all I could focus on.

Top Top

Ellie
  Wed May 18, 2011 10:05 pm
Staff

Omnipresent Merchant
He does have a quite oddly shaped head.

I'd still bang though.

Top Top

Incognitus
  Wed May 18, 2011 10:35 pm

Amy Pond wrote:
He does have a quite oddly shaped head.

I'd still bang though.

Yes. Totally. Complete Mancrushins. :cute: :heart:

(And according to a throw-away line in this series opener - his head is the inspiration for the Easter Island statues.

Quote:
I've been trying to get my head around the squiggly-wiggly timey-wimey of the Time War. Confusing business.

Pft. Last Great Time War = dull beyond belief. The Second War in Heaven... now THERE'S a Time War! It's also possible due to the ubersquiggly-wiggly nature of the Second War in Heaven, they're actually the same thing... like World War II being responsible for the start of World War I :wink:

Quote:
We haven't heard an feedback from Moffat, so he could completely ignore the 13 lives rule, and just regenerate him again :o: We just don't know lol

...but given what we know about Moffat and the mythos, it's safe to say if he's in charge, he'll have a plan. A plan most awesome and epic.

In fact there's a rumour that
Content Hidden

Top Top

Jonnie91
  Wed May 18, 2011 11:16 pm

Incognitus wrote:
Quote:

...but given what we know about Moffat and the mythos, it's safe to say if he's in charge, he'll have a plan. A plan most awesome and epic.

In fact there's a rumour that
Content Hidden

Oh. now that was something I never considered..I must admit I do love Moffat's writing, I cannot put my finger on why it is so good but it really is quite amazing lol :D

On a side note, in my watching of older doctor who's I saw the name Moffat again, is their any relation between the two

Image Image

Top Top

Incognitus
  Wed May 18, 2011 11:19 pm

Jonnie91 wrote:
On a side note, in my watching of older doctor who's I saw the name Moffat again, is their any relation between the two

Is that Peter Moffat? No. No relation.

Top Top

Jonnie91
  Wed May 18, 2011 11:24 pm

Wouldda been great if they were related tho keeping it in the family...also I must retract my earlier statement of Smith being a bad actor...because oh dear the acting in some of the earlier series..oh dear!

Image Image

Top Top

Incognitus
  Wed May 18, 2011 11:28 pm

Jonnie91 wrote:
Wouldda been great if they were related tho keeping it in the family...also I must retract my earlier statement of Smith being a bad actor...because oh dear the acting in some of the earlier series..oh dear!

Which ones are you talking about? With a lot of the extras - for instance, it's not that their acting is bad per se, but that our conceptions of what television acting should be like has changed since then.

But if you're talking about Adric, go right ahead. :biggrin: Everyone hates Adric. :lol:

Top Top

Jonnie91
  Wed May 18, 2011 11:42 pm

How...did...you...guess :lol:

Image Image

Top Top

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next