Press Space on the Title ScreenPlayer 1:
■ How To Play
WASD to move!Player 2:
Arrow keys or 2468 on the numpad to move!Collect as many COINS as possible!Avoid ORANGE and the SPIKE TRAP at all costs!Hit ESC to PAUSE!Hit the WHITE revival tile ASAP!LIVES and COINS shown in the corners!LIKE us on Facebook!HAVE FUN!
■ Live Twitter Feed
RED is a continuation of the development that went into theory's old RMXP game, GREEN. Where that game fell short due to the constraints of RPG Maker, this game aims to shine as something significantly better. However, RED is not
GREEN. In this game, you start off as RED, rather than the more familiar GREEN. He has different abilities, a different color, but the same goal: to survive as long as possible, and to collect as much treasure as possible.
The in-game map.
- Moved back to Dreamhost, since it's stable again.
- Added a new mob, the Spike Trap. Easily avoided, but it will have a special purpose once I finish the behaviors.
- Updated the travel system so that you end up on the side opposite the one you exited.
- Now all players must hit an exit tile to leave the map.
- Maps have been updated!
- All maps have treasure!
- Revival tiles are now fully functional!
- The project is officially at five events.
- When you enter a map, the door is barred behind you.
- Kicked players back to the title screen when they lost.
- Fixed a bug where you respawned in the wrong place when all players died.
- Fixed a bug where gates you didn't take were sometimes blocked.
- Fixed many minor bugs that I've forgotten to count.
- Temporarily moved back to Dropbox due to Dreamhost downtime.
- Set up a Twitter feed for the project.
- Set up a Facebook page for the project.
- Hosted the project on my own servers.
- Redid the project post.
- Created a userbar for the project.
- Created a banner ad for the project.
- Removed the annoying background music from the project.
- Added player death.
- Added revival tile.
- Added revival tile sound effects.
- Added revival tile behavior.
- Added revival tile sound effect.
- Added player revival.
- Added player revival sound effect.
- Made it so that if all players die on a map without activating the revival tile, a new map is loaded.
- Made it so that if a new map is loaded for revival, all players are next to the revival tile.
- Added a respawn timer.
- Made it so that ORANGE can kill the player.
- Added an FPS counter.
- Reduced the number of ORANGE on the map using a randomized check on load.
- Made it so that all players are temporarily invincible upon the respawn of a player.
- Added sound effect for collecting coins.
- Added new effect to make player locations more obvious.
- Paused most behaviors while the new effect was active.
- Created project post.
- Uploaded first demo.
- Added more enemies to demo maps.
- Made characters and enemies smaller to accommodate issues with movement
- Gave ORANGE the ability to charge at the player.
- Added very basic HUD.
- Added flashing prompt on title screen.
■ Support the Project!
][u rl=http://www.hbgames.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=78&p=876779#p876779][im g]http://www.beatthelist.com/REDBar.png[/img][/url][/center]
[centerNOTE: This topic has been locked for being a duplicate. Here is the non-dupe: viewtopic.php?f=78&t=76327
][u rl=http://www.hbgames.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=78&p=876779#p876779][im g]http://www.beatthelist.com/logo.png[/img][/url][/center]