Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

Amy
  Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:32 am
Staff

Big Dumb Guy

You may have noticed the announcement about improvements to the Complete Games section, but it's pretty useless with no screenshots, dev notes or reviews!

As a mini-contest, we're asking you to take decent screenshots and post them to the gallery. You can take a screenshot of any game you like - it doesn't have to be your own. To do this, go to your chosen game, whether it's in the Complete Games or the Projects in Development board.

Then at the top, next to Image, press the little cross, Image, to post your screenshot.

Post your screenshot in [IMG] tags, and add a brief commentary if you like (or go further), then click submit. Your screenshot will be added to that game's gallery, and to the global screenshots gallery. The best will end up on the homepage!

Rules

> Screenshots should be content based, so should have a purpose. Needless screenshots such as of a blank screen would be considered spam and removed.
> If posting screenshots of another game, consider whether it construes a spoiler. If so, please add [SPOILER] to the title. (I will do some fancy coding to ensure spoilered screenshots don't show in the gallery.) You can of course do this for your own games too.

Prizes

For each screenshot posted at the end of the contest you will get 10 Project Points.

The winner will get at least $10 by Paypal. I know it's not a lot, but this is a mini contest. Depending on how many people enter, the prize pool will grow significantly. This is at my discretion.

We also have reviews!

In exactly the same way, post reviews of your favourite games.

Rules

> Reviews must be purposeful. Anything below 100 words will be removed.
> Be constructive! Don't call things crap, call them "not as good as they could have been" and explain why.
> Don't be too gushing! If giving praise, explain why.
> You must have played at least some of the game in order to give a review.

Prizes

Unlike Screenshots, the reviews prize will be for the best review posted.

Initially there will be a prize of $10 for the best review posted. Depending on how many people enter, there may be additional tiers for 2nd or 3rd place, and the prize pot will grow significantly. This is at my discretion.

Top Top

ZenVirZan
  Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:44 pm
very undead
Sponsor

Inept Evil Stooge

If only I was working on something that was screenshot worthy. Caught me a few weeks early :lol:

Top Top

Spoo
  Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:21 pm
Certified Bad Pun Aficionado
Sponsor

Party Mascot
I was thinking of bringing out RMXP to do some mapping anyways.

SMITE | PATH OF EXILE | BATTLEBLOCK

Top Top

StrawberrySmiles
  Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:43 pm
Sponsor

Generic Townsperson

I'm almost glad I forgot to post screenshots of my IGMC game. :P

Top Top

Amy
  Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:06 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
I know we've had entries to this, but I'd rather the prizes for both categories didn't go to literally the only two people who posted anything. I'll leave this running a while longer, but thank you those (two) who've posted screenshots and reviews.

I realise the screenshots thread might be lessening the impact of the gallery. Something to think about changing.

Top Top

Amy
  Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:18 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
Ah, I need to remake the screenshot display on game pages. I think that should be simple as the backbone still exists, but I'm away from my pc at the moment. Will fix tomorrow.

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:57 pm
Sponsor

Omnipresent Merchant
Some game topics already have a lot of screenshots to them. For the purpose of a screenshot gallery, is it alright to just copy and paste links that are already there?

Top Top