Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

Jason
  Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:56 am
Awesome Bro

Generic Townsperson
Princess Amy wrote:
I know that Jason definitely has warnings on his profile and he's always acted courteously when given them.

This is true... I've had SO MANY warnings, been banned a few times too, one of them was actually a permaban yet here I am!

Top Top

Perihelion
  Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:27 am
Peril Hellion
Sponsor

Inept Evil Stooge
I think the main issue is that people aren't really interested in game development here.

Top Top

StrawberrySmiles
  Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:27 am
Sponsor

Generic Townsperson

I am. :(

viewtopic.php?f=78&t=79243

Top Top

Jason
  Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:22 am
Awesome Bro

Generic Townsperson
Perihelion wrote:
I think the main issue is that people aren't really interested in game development here.

I don't know, I think it's more like; we ARE interested in game development... we're just really lazy and can't be arsed making anything, except the few people that actually do make stuff, lol.

Top Top

Perihelion
  Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:24 am
Peril Hellion
Sponsor

Inept Evil Stooge
I actually spend probably 20-40 hours a week doing gamedev in my spare time, but I more or less stopped posting about it here because it seemed like almost no one cared.

Top Top

StrawberrySmiles
  Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:49 am
Sponsor

Generic Townsperson

Do you post updates anywhere else, Peri? :D

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:47 am
Riding High above the world, ascended and pure.

Competent Minion

Jason wrote:
Princess Amy wrote:
I know that Jason definitely has warnings on his profile and he's always acted courteously when given them.

This is true... I've had SO MANY warnings, been banned a few times too, one of them was actually a permaban yet here I am!
We're too desperate and we know you'll stick around, lel! You're also a pretty cool guy most of the time.

This place is definitely high in british concentration as of these recent years, I'm personally from Australia and as a result I understand entirely the sort of humor Amy refers to, most of us are descended from convicts from England or somewhere in Britain.

And Amy is definitely right in that this place did use to have a higher concentration of dickiness, through it's recession came value for what remained.

As for things to make the forum cool, Having to ask to get a game logo added each time I upload a game (in the completed games section), or just wanna rebrand it seems a bit silly, maybe we can get a widget to make that feature manual?

Beyond that, the way images aren't auto-scaled is a bit tiresome to deal with.

Both of those may be more effort than your willing to go to, just my throws in the ring.

I say I'm newer, truthfully I've been around since 2008 but I was pretty inactive back then, mostly I just made an account to hound Dargor about his large party script.

Didn't become the active (as one allows themselves to get) fella most of you know me as until 2013 or something.

Top Top

Amy
  Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:46 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
I did try to implement image scaling a while back, not sure why it never worked. I'll add it to my todo list.

The reason I didn't make image uploading automatic is that a few years ago I made a whole website for this place with an image uploader, resource manager, and various other things. It was well used and I thought it was quite nice, but I was naive and didn't know as much as I should have done about web security - we got hacked and lost everything.

So I guess a lack of confidence in my own abilities is holding us back somewhat.

We had an integrated MediaWiki, integrated *chan style image board, pastebin and everything.

In fact goddamn I was proud of that site. I can't believe I lost it all.

Top Top

Amy
  Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:50 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
Anyway the long term plan was to convert to Xenforo, Venetia bought the software and everything. But somehow it never happened. That would have given us so much functionality.

Top Top

Xhukari
  Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:18 pm

Generic Townsperson
Perihelion wrote:
I actually spend probably 20-40 hours a week doing gamedev in my spare time, but I more or less stopped posting about it here because it seemed like almost no one cared.

Nooo Peri :(
You're updates were such a inspiration!

Top Top

Perihelion
  Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:38 pm
Peril Hellion
Sponsor

Inept Evil Stooge
StrawberrySmiles wrote:
Do you post updates anywhere else, Peri? :D

I update most often on Twitter.

Xhukari wrote:
Perihelion wrote:

Nooo Peri :(
You're updates were such a inspiration!

Aww sorry. You're like the one guy who cared, so thanks for that! I'll come back when I have more art to show, but I've mainly been doing editing in the last few months and just switched to programming, so there's a lot of invisible work that's hard to show off.

Top Top

ZenVirZan
  Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:20 am
very undead
Sponsor

Inept Evil Stooge

Perihelion wrote:
I follow your stuff as close as I can, on twitter and here when you did decide to post.

I think this is another time the like or +1 feature would be appreciated.

Top Top

Perihelion
  Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:35 am
Peril Hellion
Sponsor

Inept Evil Stooge
Aww, thanks. I'll make sure to update more often.

Top Top

Amy
  Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:30 am
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
I think I'll leave trying to implement anything big and see if Ven can let us use the Xenforo keys. Maybe it's time for a change.

Top Top