Previous topic | Next topic
Page 1 of 4 [ 101 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Enex 2 [COMPLETE]

Enex 2 [COMPLETE]

Offline - Member
Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:15 am Post

GAME DOWNLOAD: Enex2 Download (Version 1.4)

One day, after sermon, you realize that your brother Brendan has gone missing. Though you begin this day by searching for your brother, it ends with you finding yourself the target of some strange conspiracy which earns you the ire of the powerful Carillean Kingdom, which seems to believe that you are a dark preacher of the forbidden god, Skiack. By seeking out supernatural aid, as well as accepting the aid of new friends met along the way, will you be able to prove your innocence and perhaps even get to the bottom of just what is happening in Carille's government?

Enex is basically a Low-Gimmicks RPG. It is simple and the main goal at all points of the game is fun. The focus is on giving the player the feel of being in an expansive world that begs to be explored. Exploring through dungeons is more than simply making your way from point A to point B, but are frequently based around puzzles and almost always contain a dungeon challenge, a minigame which will your test your reflexes to earn your survival!

As another step to prevent the tedium that is so often found in RPG games, all enemies are visible on the map before they are faced. They can be snuck around instead of fought. However, once slain, most monsters do not return. This means that in most cases, the EXP that can be earned has a cap. It is not my intention to encourage "grinding" in this game, as I find the action to be dull and often trivializes the intentionally difficult encounters. One should feel safe to explore and backtrack, with little fear of having to face the same monster in the same place over and over again.

The game is jam packed with sidequests, optional content, and minigames. I dare someone to find everything without the help of the FAQ! Some examples of such optional content includes:
*A Mining/Ore Smelting/Fishing/Herb Gathering/Wood Gathering/Holy Water Blessing optional minigames, most of which are a test of reflexes. These profession skills can only be unlocked by performing a sidequest in certain towns, and then by playing a minigame to gather the materials.
*Hidden Wisdom Fountains throughout the world, those who can seek them out and answer their riddles are rewarded with strange stones.
*Optional bosses everywhere. Hunt down the Dragons to claim powerful equipment. Seek out and destroy the hidden and anguished Hades Spirits to earn the right to face the greatest challenge in the game.
*In almost every dungeon, there is a minigame challenge that must be completed to pass through. This ranges from catching rabbits to dodging falling rocks to avoiding a series of gouts of lava. Most of these are reflex based.

Enex features a small degree of character customization through its ability system. The skills known by the characters are determined not through your base level (which will determine your stats) but instead through a level of proficiency in that type of skill. All characters have two separate types of skills and will gain proficiency through using them. For example, the priest Farik is capable in both Bows and Healing Magic. One player who find themselves frequently using Farik to sling arrows at enemies will discover far more bow skills than healing magics. A different player might find himself with a balanced Farik, who is skilled both in the Bow and the Healing Art but masters neither, and a final, more conservative player might find his Farik somewhat green with his bow but holding great mastery in healing.

Enex contains many features. These include:
  • The Cybersam Sideveiw Battle System
  • A Majority of Semi-Custom (via sprite edit) Side Veiw Battlers
  • A Sidequest and Minigame for almost every town in the game
  • The mind-boggling Wisdom Fountains
  • Hidden and Powerful secret spells to discover
  • Deadly Side Bosses to combat, such as the Mighty Hades Spirits
  • A Unique Custom Skill Levelling system- Learn more special attacks by USING special attacks!
  • An exceptionally large and vast world
  • A Visible Encounter System with a event coded veiw range function
  • A very long capacity for playtime
  • XK8's custom menu system

Everyone loves screenies!
Screenshots

Lore: Legend of Creation

Lore: Story Of The Heroes

Characters

Credits

Last edited by Erichermit on Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:16 pm, edited 22 times in total.
Last post

Enex: The Hero's Shadow

Offline - Member
Profile  YIM 
Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:37 am Post
nice cept for the desert one with the log in the lower right corner its akward as fuck ill play this game definetly

Offline - Member
Profile  WWW 
Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:03 pm Post
Nice new screenshots :)

I remember liking your last demo, it was one of the few really long rmxp games I've finished. How much bigger is the full version going to be?

Offline - Member
Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:48 pm Post
@Sandgolem

Sweet =) I wasn't sure how many people finished it.

Hmm. I'd say approximitely about twice as long as the old demo

@Karnage

Thanks but.. whats wrong with it?

Last edited by Erichermit on Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline - Sponsor
Profile  WWW 
Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:07 pm Post
I had the best time for your like very first demo I remember XD Once you complete this thing, I'll take the time to go slow and find ALL the secrets :P WITHOUT the walkthrough

Offline - Member
Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:36 am Post
Hawt. <3 Get this done boy. :]

Offline - Member
Profile  YIM 
Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:51 am Post
[QUOTE=Erichermit;227282]
@Karnage

Thanks but.. whats wrong with it?[/QUOTE]

the log seems to be hanging off the cliff without a equal balance point

Offline - Member
Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:21 am Post
Nice eye catching pic at the top. The story disappointed me...6 lines...where have all the stories for RPGs gone?

Offline - Member
Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:59 pm Post
Writing 6 lines of story doesn't neccesarily mean I wrote all the story of the game, it's just the introduction.

But yes, like I said earlier,the game isn't meant to have a story like one written by a renowed novelist or such. I thought up of it 2 years ago when my mind was quite a bit less creative then (I was 14 at the time, I am 16 now.) That isn't to say I think I have a terrible story or a terrible game, I personally believe my game is quite good (though I of course, have a biased view due to it being my own game), It has a SIMPLE story, and I am fully aware of it.

Last edited by Erichermit on Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline - Member
Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:15 pm Post
I was just commenting that half the "RPGs" that seem to be coming out lack the novelistic stories that made them oh so superb.

Offline - Member
Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:05 pm Post
Woot! I remember this game! It's surprisingly fun and easy to get into, especially with all the extras and minigames you've added in. Keep up the good work! I'm looking forward to the full game. ;)

Offline - Member
Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:57 am Post
I would like to announce that MistTribe is now a betatester. :) I still have room for a coupler more or so, so IM me at Erichermit, MSN me at Eric_Hermit@hotmail.com, or PM me if interested.

Also, those of you who are fans of the game may enjoy to know that ive added a complete summary of what happened in Enex1 in the form of a myth. Look under the Story section, its the tag called "The Heroes"

Last edited by Erichermit on Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline - Member
Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:24 am Post
From what I've already played it's an incredible game, really looking forward to the full version. Keep me updated!

Offline - Sponsor
Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:02 pm Post
How could've this not been moved to the Project section? :o

Offline - Member
Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:05 pm Post
Yes! It's back! <3

I remember the good ol' days when everyone was so excited about this! Get it done, and I'll give you 5, YES 5, cookies. GO GO GO

Offline - Member
Profile  YIM 
Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:45 pm Post
I remember playing this game, mighty fun, but the windowskin bothered me a lot due to that black stuff on the inside.

Offline - Member
Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:49 pm Post
Lol, what was wrong with the black stuff in the middle?

You did have the option to change it to a different color in the menu though btw.

Offline - Member
Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:19 am Post
I play this game when i new in RMXP before but haven't finished because i accidentally deleted it, i glad you renewed it.

Offline - Member
Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:40 am Post
Can I beta test, also are there going to be more than 4 characters?

Offline - Member
Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:49 pm Post
Yay, this game is back. ^^

Does it go beyond where the previous one from a few months/year ago ended?

Offline - Member
Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:14 am Post
@ Lust Dragon: Thank You =)

@Angelicemini: No, the game only uses Four characters. There is a 5th optional character (Isaac the treasure hunter), but he doesn't participate in battles. As for betatesting, yes, you may. Add me on AIM at Erichermit or MSN at Eric_Hermit@hotmail.com

@Twin Matrix: Yes, it currently goes quite a bit farther than that! The next release I make will be the FULL game release.

In regards to betatesting by the way people, The positions are filled

Last edited by Erichermit on Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline - Sponsor
Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:54 pm Post
Once this releases it has to be one of the longest completed games around here. :) Kudos.

Offline - Member
Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:36 am Post
Im just wondering, but how many of you here still have your save files? I have changed the beggining a (very) little, so you may want to replay since it has been a while. The game should work just fine if you dont want to however. Namely, Oak Forest, Bronzed Mine, Grand Tree Forest, Torrentia Cavern, and the Nalac Volcano have all had a challenge/minigame added to them (like the thing at the the end of Cave Pass)

I've also edited the skills and weapons a bit, making it so the Fight command is a little more appealing now, it will also net you a little bit of skill xp so that it is no longer completely ignored. (Special Attacks still are more powerful than regular attack however, and do give more exp; but MP healing items are now twice as rare.)

I would also like to announce that I am releasing ever cybersam graphic once again upon the release of Enex2! =)

Offline - Member
Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:04 pm Post
looks pretty good, without flashy scripts or anything

Offline - Member
Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:21 pm Post
Hey y'all... im kinda noob at scripts and stuff... so i realy need help making like... mabey a intro scene or mabey my own battle scene if some1 could help :/

Offline - Sponsor
Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:57 am Post
Not really the right place to ask that, black. :p One of the reasons why I like this is the lack of excessive scripts, which I can relate to, hahah. Errgg, script errors for scripting dummies. :(

Offline - Member
Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:42 am Post
well I personally love a good script, and have made maybe 1 or 2 working ones, although I solely believe a good game can be made without scripts

Offline - Sponsor
Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:49 am Post
Heheh yep, who doesn't. :D But being a non-scripter I kept running into unforeseen conflicts, and eventually got tired of having to ask for help every so often. Oh well, at least now I'm improving at eventing, things are getting much more convenient.

Offline - Member
Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:35 am Post
Agreed, I still run into problems.

[COMPLETE!] Enex: The Hero's Shadow

Offline - Member
Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:27 am Post

Yay teaser image! Ive gone back through all save a few that I like (Ice and Water Cave) and recolored the tilesets. The game should now have a more unique feel to it.

I've also added many more effects such as fogs etc. to the game (while trying my hardest to keep from going overboard =P) to make it more visually appealing and to give it a more feel of life.

BEFORE

AFTER

Last edited by Erichermit on Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:57 am, edited 3 times in total.

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4 [ 101 posts ]
Previous topic | Next topic