Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

HOME FORUMS DISCORD GAMES RPG MAKER SEARCH

hima
  Sun May 06, 2007 6:59 pm
Sponsor

Adolescence

Genre : Love-Simulation
Players : 1 player
Spec : Minimum requirement for RPG Maker XP to run ;)

STORY :
Art is leaving Thailand on the 18th of February to study abroad. However, he hasn't told his true feeling to Dao, his secret first crush and his classmate. With only one month left, will

he succeed in getting her heart? Or will he realize that his heart actually belong to someone else? This is going to be the longest month of Art's life.

FEATURES

CHARACTERS

System

SCREENSHOTS

DESIGN

MUSICS

Userbars

:: STAFFS ::
Artwork - Cocon
Game Design & Programming - Hima
Graphic & Animation - Piti
Music - Kid

:: CREDITS ::  
Cybersam         -   Input script.
Mr.Mo              -   Mouse Interactive.
Near Fantastica - Mouse Module.

Genre : Love-Simulation Status : 50%

My Projects

Last edited by hima on Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Top Top

Sailerius
  Sun May 06, 2007 7:07 pm
Golden Sorcerer
Sponsor

Wow. Very impressive. Especially the art, it's simply beautiful. I'm definitely going to keep my eyes on this.

Top Top

The Urchin
  Mon May 07, 2007 11:24 am

Your artwork is great. What exactly can you do in the game though? I mean other than pick up chicks.

...A fiery kiss in a dead December...

The darkness encompassing this innocent girl to never leave, born a new to an immortal world.  Arise sweet Daughter of December and great this new night with your beautiful lips.

Top Top

Lene
  Mon May 07, 2007 12:04 pm

The Urchin;202565 wrote:
Your artwork is great. What exactly can you do in the game though? I mean other than pick up chicks.

Have you ever heard of a Dating Sim? That's basically the whole point of them! Hasn't really affected the genre's popularity.

Top Top

Lockheart
  Mon May 07, 2007 1:53 pm

Impressive art work you've got, I enjoyed the last game you made so I'm sure this won't disappoint me either.

*crosses fingers* heres hoping this doesn't somehow end up like every other dating game to be released. (i.e A H-Game)

Top Top

hima
  Tue May 08, 2007 9:47 am
Sponsor

[QUOTE=Lockheart;202598]Impressive art work you've got, I enjoyed the last game you made so I'm sure this won't disappoint me either.

*crosses fingers* heres hoping this doesn't somehow end up like every other dating game to be released. (i.e A H-Game)[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, this game is not a H-Game :) It will be like Tokimeki Memorial or True Love Story.

Glad to know that you enjoy Fluffy! Although this game will first be released in Thai language, I'll translate the game and make it into a bilanguage game. However, the voice acting will be Thai.

My Projects

Top Top

Speedpaws
  Tue May 08, 2007 3:24 pm
Sponsor

Looks great! You should have an english version :P

[URL=http://www.hbgames/forums/showthread.php?t=3355]

Last edited by Speedpaws on Wed May 09, 2007 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top Top

Me(tm)
  Tue May 08, 2007 7:07 pm

Quote:
Glad to know that you enjoy Fluffy! Although this game will first be released in Thai language, I'll translate the game and make it into a bilanguage game. However, the voice acting will be Thai.

Perhaps I can take care of that, after the scripting?

Top Top

Baskinein
  Tue May 08, 2007 7:09 pm

That is not Japanese. Hima just said that it is in Thai.
The game looks nice Hima. I really like the artwork, very professional. Keep up the good work!

Top Top

Petros
  Tue May 08, 2007 10:02 pm
Sponsor

This game could be really good but make it challenging as well, being the nice guy isn't always the right route to go for example. But being an arsehole won't get you true love in the end.

www.finalfantasyzero.com

Top Top

hima
  Wed May 09, 2007 6:05 am
Sponsor

[QUOTE=Me(tm);203309]Perhaps I can take care of that, after the scripting?[/QUOTE]

Totally ;) Now I have to rephrase what I said then, it'll be multi-languages game...hehehe.XD

My Projects

Top Top

craybest
  Wed May 09, 2007 7:22 am

too bad you can't date the guys XD
anyway looks pretty good so far, I've never really played a dating sim though so I don't know how they play.

Mirror1

Top Top

Petros
  Wed May 09, 2007 2:15 pm
Sponsor

I'm assuming it's a more focused version of a game like "The Sims". More focused on the relationships between people than the actual life of the character.

www.finalfantasyzero.com

Top Top

Me(tm)
  Wed May 09, 2007 3:42 pm

[QUOTE=Petros;203819]I'm assuming it's a more focused version of a game like "The Sims". More focused on the relationships between people than the actual life of the character.[/QUOTE]

See it as an more complex version of Dating Sim, those Sim games you can play online. XD

Top Top

dorkatlarge
  Fri May 11, 2007 2:46 am

To me(tm):

I mentioned your game on the Lemma Soft forums. (If you need help with stuff not involving RPG Maker XP, ask there.)

Your art is awesome. I wish my dating simulation-in-the-works looked as good as yours. But I'm slowly finishing up "rough cut version 2.0"...

Top Top

plugz
  Fri May 11, 2007 6:54 pm

Impressive!!!

ความจริงแล้วผมติดตามตั้งแต่ไทยแวร์แล้ว
พยายามเข้านะครับ

Top Top

Smokey_locs2002
  Sun May 13, 2007 12:27 am
O_O

You caught my attention. I love games that don't follow the traditional RPG rode.

You have taken on a mighty task here.. One thing I've noticed about sims
I've played in the past is that all the characters personalities tend to blend into one monotonous giant so be careful with that. :o

Top Top

hima
  Sun May 13, 2007 4:16 am
Sponsor

==To Fallout===
There are 3 people working on this Thai version project. For the art, it's Cocon's artwork. You can check out his gallery at http://cocon.deviantart.com. Piti did the painting and animation part. You can also check out his gallery at http://piti.deviantart.com
As for me, I'm a game designer, scripter and character design. I also have my gallery but I haven't updated it for like forever. If you're interested, go to
http://hima.deviantart.com/

So, yeah, this is actually our art. :)

==To Smokey_loc2002 ==
I assure you that this will not be like American or European date sims flash game that characters are monotonous. Rather, it'll be like the one from Asia like Tokimeki Memorial or True Love Story, where they focus more on each characters and develope unique personalities. So, don't worry that all girls will respond to you in the same way hehe. You need different plans for different girls ;)

My Projects

Top Top

linkz0r
  Sun May 13, 2007 7:06 am

If i play this i?m going to do it just because of the artwork and the look you gave to the menu ^^. I don?t really like playing love simulators, but i must give this one a try.

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/4022/rmxppro2gh.png[/img]

Umm... lol?

I *REALLY* miss the *old* Pencil Contest... -_-
Check it! My dA! xD

Top Top

talzioneriks
  Sun May 13, 2007 6:42 pm

Based on the short descriptions, you run the risk of having stereotypical personas; Dao seems like a Mary Sue (subjective, but it can turn into a big problem), the German girl is strict, the 'warrior princess', the shy girl, the bookworm, and the matchmaker.

Without some skilled handling, the game may be hurt by players feeling like they've heard this story before; really consider what you can do to make the characters seem less recycled (not to insult you)

Good luck with the project; from the screenshots, it looks great

Top Top

Tox Garou
  Mon May 14, 2007 3:07 am

The school hall in the background in those system explanation pics looks remarkably familiar...Hourglass of Summer, maybe?

Top Top

Smokey_locs2002
  Mon May 14, 2007 10:07 am
O_O

One question... <.< Can I be a womanizer?
or half of one.

Top Top

JakeyZombie
  Mon May 14, 2007 4:39 pm

I think you should be able to date the guys as well, but maybe that's bcause I have sick sexual fetishes or something. No, not really, but it would appeal to a wider crowd, and it would be something not generally seen. =D

Top Top

Smokey_locs2002
  Tue May 15, 2007 2:53 am
O_O

[QUOTE=JakeyZombie;207270]I think you should be able to date the guys as well, but maybe that's bcause I have sick sexual fetishes or something. No, not really, but it would appeal to a wider crowd, and it would be something not generally seen. =D[/QUOTE]

That's another game all together, The Brookback Mountain Sim.
I'd play it,

Top Top

JakeyZombie
  Tue May 15, 2007 3:07 pm

[QUOTE=Smokey_locs2002;207541]That's another game all together, The Brookback Mountain Sim.
I'd play it,[/QUOTE]
Haha, no, with both sexes it'd be total freedom.

Pansexual abortion free for all sim.

Or something equally witty.

Top Top

hima
  Wed May 16, 2007 5:24 am
Sponsor

For now, we're not planning to do the reverse version of the game, nor allowing player to date the guys. We might have a reverse version that allow you to play as a girl, try to date a guy. However, we want to focus on a small scope and finish it first, before going to something that's wider and bigger. Thanks you for all the feedbacks :)

:: Smokey_locs2002::
If by womanizer you mean getting more than one girl at a time...you can do that, but in the end, you'll get an ending with the girl ended up with highest relationship point anyway.

:: Tox_Garou ::
The bg's are from True Love Story -Remember My Heart- from Playstation 1 by ASCII, which is now named Enterbrain. We use them as mock ups, and they will be replaced by our original bg illusts.

:: talzioneriks ::
Thanks you for reading the story and your comment! Do not worry, we have already concern about the "stereotype" and write the scenarios so that each characters has depth and not just a flat stereotypical character. However, because of the multi-ending characteristic of the game, it depends on the player whether they will find the true ending that will tell them everything about the character.

My Projects

Top Top

Prexus
  Wed May 16, 2007 5:30 am
Sponsor

To be completely honest, I'd be very wary of using the name "Adolescence" for a Dating Simulation game.. Adolescence implies youth as in a Minor to the eyes of the law. A good debater could argue that it is borderline pedophilia.

GFX Ripping requests with scripting rewards:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=74252
http://www.hbgames.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=74253 [self completed]

Top Top

hima
  Wed May 16, 2007 11:44 am
Sponsor

:: Prexus ::
The definition of "adolescence" in this game will be as WHO defined it, "the period of life between 10 and 19 years of age." or "teenagers".

The content of the game has nothing close to sexual activities nor implying the pedophilia. You play as a "highschool student" and not some oldman. Also, you don't get to have sex with them at the end. This is not a hentai game. It's more like a life simulation of a highschool student that focus more on their relationship. Pretty much like a puppy love story or high school teenage drama.

I believe it's the flashgame "Sim girl" that create a stereotypical dating simulation. This game is different. It's not based on so called dating sim, but it follow the original dating simulation game such as Tokimeki Memorial, True Lovestory or Aitakute ~you smile in my heart~

Thanks you for your concern and warning. :)

My Projects

Top Top

JakeyZombie
  Wed May 16, 2007 12:13 pm

[QUOTE=Prexus;208271]To be completely honest, I'd be very wary of using the name "Adolescence" for a Dating Simulation game.. Adolescence implies youth as in a Minor to the eyes of the law. A good debater could argue that it is borderline pedophilia.[/QUOTE]
How is pedophilia a problem? I say pedo bear makes a cameo in your game, Hima. That'd be pretty sweet. Or not, it doesn't really matter.

Top Top

hima
  Thu May 24, 2007 9:09 am
Sponsor

Mouse implemented video updated!

My Projects

Top Top