RPGMaker.net 2010 Misao award winner for:
Game of the Year
Best Storytelling and Direction
Best Sound & Music
Best Gameplay MechanicsStory"I died once."Vacant Sky is a modern fantasy RPG which follows the death and rebirth of Auria Edith, a small-town girl whose violent and unexpected death turns her world upside down. After her equally unexpected resurrection, Auria finds herself drawn into the heart of a mystery involving a cult of masked cultists who will stop at nothing to make her their goddess. Characters
Auria is the story's protagonist. A passive-aggressive small town girl with a big mouth, Auria has the misfortune of being unceremoniously murdered. As the player, you will at times direct her decision-making and influence the relationship she has with her companions. Vacant Sky
is ultimately about her path of self-discovery and your role is to nudge her in a certain direction. The way you direct her will control her characterization and change the outcome of the story.
Seri is a refugee from the war-torn overseas nation of Alibaas. She is currently seeking political asylum in the impoverished nation of Banivia. A kind-hearted and empathetic person, she supports Auria as she undergoes the at times grueling challenges laid out before her.
A childhood friend of Seri's, Zaqris is a quiet and polite young man who is escorting her on her exile from her homeland. He is more pragmatic than his counterpart and frequently butts heads with Auria over whether to do the easy thing or whether to do the right thing.
A self-proclaimed demon slayer in training, Rayonne encounters Auria and company on their trek through the Banivian countryside. He aspires to become a hero revered across the land and divides the world up into evil-doers and evil-fighters. His encounters with Auria and the strange events surrounding her lead him to question his convictions.Features
- Branching story and characterization
- Significantly alter the course of the story with your choices - including six endings
- Original soundtrack composed by Tarranon, featuring vocal tracks by Melody Yoo and Melanie Ehrlich
- 8 playable characters (along with up to 6 guests)
- Customize Auria's stats and growth
- Select your own progression of skills to learn
- Interact with your party members to strengthen your relationship with them
- Unlock guest art title screens through sidequests