Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

cammyr
  Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:20 pm
Extra lettuce

L1 Slime

"Say we don't make it. Say that worse comes to worse.

Will there be anyone left to grieve for us?

Will they tell our story, once we're gone?"

It has been more than a decade since the Home War came to an end; or so say the histories.

The Holy State of Caledor, ever at war, headed an invasion of the Free Provinces with hopes of moving closer to their southern enemies.
Being largely passive in the war that was being fought around them, the first steps in Caledor’s strategic march took the Provinces by surprise.
A counter-attack was led by their armies, but to no avail; against the martial might of Caledor they stood little chance of victory.

Fifteen years have passed since the final provinces fell. Defeat was to be swift and absolute for those that resisted. Call them
brave or call them foolish, it matters not. Against the martial might of Caledor the provinces stood little chance of victory.

As the hell-fires of war continue to rage, the men and women of the Provinces, once humble, once peaceful, are left to scavenge among the remnants
of their homelands. As Caledor turns it's gaze east to a new foe, one which could yet rival it's strength, a pair of unlikely friends set out in search of refuge.

Fleeing Caledor's grasp, they make for the Arbour- the last refuge of the true faith.

The last refuge of the truly free.

Content Hidden

Content Hidden

THE RIVERLANDS
Content Hidden

THREE FORKS
Content Hidden

THE ARBOUR (Warning! Large Image)
Content Hidden

CAIR AVENDEL (Warning! Large Image)
Content Hidden

SCRIPTS:
CTB v3.1 - Charlie Lee
Anti Event Lag Script - Near Fantastica
Universal Message System - Ccoa
Leon's Mission Script v2.0 - Leon
Compact Menu Script v1.2 - The Sleeping Leonhart
Shop Script - Firewords
Animated Battlers - DerVVulfman
Medina Stories License Board v2.0 - Juan Jose Sanches Ramirez
Additional scripting help from Ryuni

GRAPHIC RESOURCES:
Benben
Kiyoto Kaduki
Sithjester
Iceaxe
Ragnarok Online

All other creative and musical elements of the game are done solely by me, Cammyr.

If I have miscredited anyone, or have forgotten to give credit where it is due, please message me. Apologies in advance!

Also, I am currently looking for others to join my team! Specifically, I am looking to hire:
A lead Scripter
A lead Artist
Secondary Scripter
Seconday Artist

If anyone is interested in joining me on this project, send me a PM and I will happily talk business with you!

Top Top

Amy
  Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:23 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
I love how this looks, considering it's based on the RTP. Cair Avendel is a really well designed little high street. Good luck with this.

Top Top

Xilef
  Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:12 am
Staff

Big Dumb Guy

I love that font and colour palette for the maps.

Are you planning to go with custom music too? I look at those screenshots and that font and imagine music in the style of Sword of Mana.

Top Top

cammyr
  Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:54 am
Extra lettuce

L1 Slime

Thank you guys! Hopefully soon I can get a playable demo, or at least a video of gameplay up so that I can show you more of the world.
Some of the maps are huge (I got carried away during the mapping stages), so little screenshots like these barely do the game justice.

As for the custom music: Yes, it will have an original soundtrack. I'm currently sitting on two demos for a theme, and a few scrap ideas
for BGM for the Riverlands. I've never heard of Sword of Mana, so I couldn't compare the music to that. But I have been heavily influenced
by Gustavo Santaoalla's soundtrack for the Last of Us. I guess that would paint a better picture of what to expect from the music side of things.

Top Top

Juan J. Sánchez
  Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:23 am
I'm a doctor in Costa Rica.
Sponsor

Party Mascot

I love the maps but I think there are some issues with shading, like under the bridge.

Top Top

cammyr
  Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:46 am
Extra lettuce

L1 Slime

Yeah, I see what you mean. I mapped the Arbour in one sitting, without necessarily thinking of how the shadows would fall.
I'll make sure to fill under the bridge with more shadow so that it looks more realistic. Also, I've noticed how the shadow from
the left building falls on the little tree. I'll fix that and any others I find while I'm at it, too. Thanks!

Top Top

rgangsta
  Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:45 am
The Boss

Good gracious! Your maps are gorgeous! Liking the story, too. I'll be keeping an eye on this game. ;)

Top Top

cammyr
  Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:11 am
Extra lettuce

L1 Slime

Thanks :) I'm not the greatest artist, but somehow my maps end up looking pretty. Hopefully going to upload a demo video sometime in the next month. Depends how successful I am at doing the soundtrack.

Top Top